5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture resistant bike inner tubes
Published on 12 Sept. 2011 by Re-born cyclist

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong one delivered
i received the same size inner tube but with a different valve. Didn't bother sending it back as i have pumps for both.
Published 19 months ago by Dominik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture resistant bike inner tubes, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Raleigh Presta Valve Puncture Resistant Inner Tube - Black (Sports)
Having had several punctures I invested in a puncture resistant tyre for the front wheel and kept the original rear tyre, and then saw the Raleigh puncture resistant inner tubes and invested in a pair of them, although nearly twice the price of a normal inner tube the quality of thickness must be 3 to 4 times thicker so well worth the money, I cycle a lot on river gravel tow paths so chances of punctures are higher, since using the purchased inner tubes I have had no further punctures, definately a quality product and worth the extra cash, I would never buy a standard inner tube again, I would recommend these inner tubes for any bike type.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bye-bye punctures, 10 Feb. 2014
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
These Raleigh inner tubes are for 700mm x 35-43mm road bike tyres. They are expensive compared to normal tubes but much thicker/heavier at 599g each, and claim to be more puncture resistant.

My experience is that these extra-thick tubes do guard effectively against punctures and are a great buy, so long as you don't mind the extra cost and weight as a trade-off. They're no problem to fit; there's more actual rubber involved but this is no problem when fitting, just inflate with a small amount of air and then fit to the tyre.

The tubes have Presta valves which allow tube inflation to >110psi, the design making over-inflation impossible. The Presta is more delicate than the tough Schrader valve: the delicate screw-assembly on the Presta occasionally breaks, requiring an inconvenient tube-change so handle them carefully and use the screw-on dust cap to protect them, and they'll be OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner tube tough, 29 Mar. 2013
After experiencing 8 punctures in just 6 weeks, I decided to buy this puncture resistant tubes. That r doing their job, no more roadside repairs n I don't carry any more spare tubes n pump in my rucksack as I cycle to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 11 Oct. 2013
I kept popping my inner tubes and the ones the local bike shop sold me couldn't handle all the pot holes in the road on my way to work, these beauties did me absolute wonders. The seller packaged them well and they arrived promptly. Highly recommendable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good material, 29 Mar. 2013
Well, what can you say? It fulfill my expectations about a inner tube. No flat tyre so far in crazy London Streets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well so far, 17 Jan. 2014
It's a little stiff because the rubber is so thick but that was pretty reassuring to me. I've had no punctures so far (two months in) and I cycle commute, going past industrial estates where there is glass on the ground. Previously I'd picked up two punctures in two weeks before I purchased this, but this is only my experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner tube, 14 Sept. 2013
So far brilliant. For those who comment about excessive weight what do you expect when purchasing a puncture resistant inner tube?

5.0 out of 5 stars No punctures yet., 31 Dec. 2013
A. E. Langton - See all my reviews
I have puncture proof tyres and this - No punctures for 6 months and still going :) I am not bothered about rolling distance, as I do it to exercise my legs, not get places.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick Rubber Tube, 6 Dec. 2012
C. R. Bramwell "Roy" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
I haven't actually used this yet, but it is made of very thick rubber so I'm hoping that it will reduce the number of punctures that I seem to get in ordinary tubes.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 12 April 2013
after constant punctures in my rear trye ,this innertube was a life safer. after getting several punctures every week ,i bought anew regular tube and still got punctures.then i bought new trye. still endend up with slow puncture.i have had this puncture resistant tube now for 2 months with no punctures whatsoever.fantastic bit of kit ,cant recommend it enough

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›