5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I thought this DVD was excellent, it had superd graphics and really brought the magic of Harry Potter to life, my two children always ask to see it again and again. I can't help myself from sitting and watching it too
Published on 30 Sep 2003 by Sam Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film, but a disappointing Blu-Ray
The film is wonderful, for me clearly the better of the two Christopher Columbus 'family films', and in many ways my favourite before the obsession started with making Harry Potter increasingly 'darker'. Extras are not bad including around nine minutes of deleted scenes and numerous behind the scenes features. But the main issue here is the Blu-Ray quality and that is why...
Published on 8 Jan 2010 by Mr. Blu

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST, 16 Aug 2013
HARRY POTTER FAN, I BOUGHT ALL THE MOVIES AND I CAN WATCH THEM 1000 TIMES, ALSO I BOUGHT THEM SECOND HAND IS ACTUALLY THE SAME THING AND ALSO YOU SAVE THE PLANET AND YOUR POCKET

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fantasy, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I loved this film the first time round but now I have to re-watch it nearly everyday because my four year old girl is obsessed with it!! It has definatly stimulated her imagination for she has now fully embraced roleplay for the first time, and I have to say - regardless of watching it so many times I still love it myself - better than cbeebies any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good to the book, 30 Mar 2011
S. Hill "Sarah :)" (England) - See all my reviews
If like me, you are so in love with the Harry Potter series that you thought that no one and nothing on this earth could make something to rival the pure awesomness of the books, you were wrong.
The film matches the book as closely as it is possible to do without it being 7 hours long. It is probably the best of all the films and has some classic movie moments - 'Yer a wizard Harry' being my particular favourite.
The magic really does come alive on screen, whether it is the enchanted ceiling in the great hall, the sorting hat (minus the song,, unfortunately), Fluffy, McGonagalls giant chess set or the spells and shenannigans of the trio, you will be amazed at how the film makers have done it.
The film is every Harry Potters dream, and by far the best film released (bar DH, that one is the best). The only thing that I missed from the books was Peeves, but they more than made up for that with the brilliant decision to make the staircases move!

4.0 out of 5 stars not 2 disc, 14 Feb 2011
I am a huge Harry Potter fan, i brought this dvd to replace my videos of 1 and 2 but the description says its a 2 dics dvd but there is only one. this cheesed me off a bit. so if you only want the film buy this but be aware that there is NO 2ND DISC :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 15 Jan 2011
Mole "Mole" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'd never read the books, so had no preconception of the film. At the time when I first saw it, it was still fairly new; unless you have been living in cave for the last 10 years, you probably know the main story, so I won't bother to summarise it.

The film itself is very well produced. The characters are allowed to develop as the film progresses, the acting is great, the scenary is superb and the effects are just astonishing. It has a great cast of very well known actors, and the overall production is everything that you could want. I have a widescreen TV, so this edition worked really well for me.

The second disk contains some fascinating insights into the story and the making of the film. If you have children, they are probably going to really love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best one, 21 May 2010
Ms. D. Chauvin (Bath England) - See all my reviews
I have watched before and some others that came afterwards but my boyfriend decided he wnated to try and watch it . So I bought it . I still find this one the best of all Harry Potter ! The "invisible cloak" is just fantastic ... There's lots of spells , and bad and good in the right amount ... Def worth it a try

4.0 out of 5 stars Still the best Harry Potter film so far!, 8 Sep 2009
This "wizard school" film is still a genre defining benchmark film. It's way too expensive at the moment for the UMD format, but watch the price and it'll drop sooner or later.

Other than that, the film is wonderful. Very public school feel, mostly good characters, good direction, good story, good developement and good effects. Quite "family friendly" too.

3.0 out of 5 stars The long way to magical maturity, 13 Aug 2009
If you watch The Philosopher's stone now, you are bound to know about Harry Potter. This film, even more than the others, shows how difficult it is to make a movie out of a much beloved novel, trying to attract both fans and neophites. It is definitely more for children than the books are, the dark side of Harry's Muggle childhood is not there, and little Daniel Radcliffe glides across the screen with an expression of permanent wonder. On the other hand, due to the novel being shorter than the others, there will be fewer episodes that readers will miss, but the characters (especially Hermione) are simpler than on the page. All in all, a nice way to spend an afternoon inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable way to spend your time, 5 Oct 2007
M. A. Ramos (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This movie is great. Fun to watch for child and adult alike. I loved the book and had to watch. Though there are some differences, the movie is very true to the book (as two hours of visual entertainment can be). I feel they captured the true essence of the characters. Casting could not have been better. The visual effects are fantastic. I love how the game of Quidditch was brought to the screen and the cute Fluffy....
Do your self a favor, board the Harry Potter train and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and pleasant, 23 Sep 2003
Steve (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Bright and breezy fun for all the family. Nicely paced, it doesn't seem three hours long and the three young stars carry the film well (especially Emma Watson as Hermione) in spite of the host of big names that constitute the adult cast. The overall wash of wish-fulfilment and fantasy escapism is tempered by the realistic portayals of the school-children and the breathless excitement of the world seen through their eyes. Of course this film will mean far more to the young afficiandos of the J.K. Rowling book but, even without that background, this is an engaging and pleasant film.

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›