4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonder of a Superb Collection of Melodies
Published on 17 July 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars DIDNT RECIEVE DOWNLOAD
I have ordered many mp3 downloads and all of them downloaded straight to my cloud, this product though never appears on my cloud even though i purchased it. apsolute joke.
Published 14 months ago by Michael Mcvay

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonder of a Superb Collection of Melodies, 17 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
This is the braveheart film soundtrack. I do not exaggerate when I say that this is a classic of composed theatrical soundtracks. It is not one that can only be fully expreienced by seeing the film, if you think that you may like this and have an appreciation for classical music then do yourself a favour and buy it. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. It's melancholic, soothing symphonies will literally send a shooting tingle down your spine. You may wonder why I praise it so and yet it only recieves four stars. Because it has one minor and present set-back. There is not much variety from track to track. Most of them may seem different to start with but they soon dissolve into "A Gift of a Thistle" and this is a very frequent occuracne throughout the collection. But a very minor one - don't let the aformentioned put yourself off. It still is superb but I think that only the truly exceptional should recieve that fifth star. But don't miss out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there in the best soundtracks ever, 6 Feb 2004
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
I've always loved soundtracks and this is no exception. The tunes just keep taking me where I want to be, whenever I want to be there. It reminds me I shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing when there is so much in the World to see and do. This is one for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving music, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite music albums i own. Whether you have seen the film or not, this music is beautiful and relaxing.
The use of Irish Bag pipes (not Scottish) gives the music a very delicate and soft edge. You can listen to this music on its own or do something and have the music in the backgound. I listen to it when I'm working and revising and it helps.
If you've seen the film this album may even bring a tear to your eye if you remember the scenes that go to the music.
All in all a brilliant soundtrack, a must own item.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every Celt!, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD for the sound of the Uilleann Pipes which incidentally had not been invented by the time of the film's depiction.
They were developed in the 18th Century and are used in 'Braveheart' for effect.
However, for those who think Gibson played to an American audience when he uttered that immortal word 'Freedom' think again and remember the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 ... for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
An excellent soundtrack that makes for very relaxing music and a must have for every Celt.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service. Arrived on time. Great Music., 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
No problems with delivery and the music was just what I remebered. Would recommend this for all expatriot Scots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
This is actually a good relaxing soundtrack. Some of the tracks give me that tingling feeling shooting down my back and a tear in my eye (maybe im just a lonely person?)

Tracks such as - A Gift of a Thistle (AHhhhhh), Wallace Courts Murron etc, its a good one to listen to all the way through......

Im seeking for more soundtracks like this.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever watched Braveheart?, 6 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
Believe me when I say that this is the soundtrack to THE movie of the nineties. It is awe-inspiring and truly emotional. It could drive a grown man to tears with its sombient bagpipes and atmospheric flutes. My advice, BUY IT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting......., 24 Aug 2004
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
i don't know about anyone else but i can't listen to this music without coming close to tears, it soothing but haunting at the same time, and somehow it also fills me with hope. nothing else could compliment such an emotionally powerful film such as braveheart in such a fantastic way is this soundtrack has. if you liked braveheart, if you wish for music that is soothing and inspiring, look no further

5.0 out of 5 stars Braveheart- the motion picture soundtrack, 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
The film was Very Good, but the music from it is Really GREAT !
Sit down quietly/ ENJOY..........................

5.0 out of 5 stars In my mind this is one of the best soundtracks by James Horner., 7 Mar 2012
film fan (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Braveheart (Audio CD)
Ever since I first saw the film 'Braveheart' in the cinema back in 1995, I have always had a soft spot for the music from the film. It was stirring, powerful, deeply heartfelt in places and full of emotion in practically every track. The music seemed at the time a brilliant accompaniment to the film it came from. James Horner, I thought, had done an immense job bringing the orchestra, choirs and soloists together to perform some outstanding pieces that still leave a lump in my throat even when I listen to the soundtrack now 16 and a half years later.

The tracks on here are so brilliant in their own right, it's difficult for me to choose a favourite track. If I was pushed, I would probably go for 'Betrayal and Desolation'. In its 7 minutes 48 seconds running time it starts off passionately and thunderously and finishes to the sounds of the choirs and soloists and it says a lot about when William Wallace is betrayed by his own generals and is then left desolated by the people he fought for.

With a running time of 77 mins 55 secs, this is one of the longest soundtracks I own. I think that this staggering and breathtaking effort is possibly my favourite soundtrack he has produced. He won the Oscar for his score to 'Titanic' but I felt that he should have won for his 'Braveheart' score. He certainly deserved the nomination. A magnificent James Horner is on display throughout this beautifully crafted CD. Definitely one of his finest works to date so far in my opinion.

Braveheart - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Braveheart - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Choristers of Westminster Abbey and James Horner and London Symphony Orchestra
Buy MP3 Album£4.99