on 27 July 2009
Well, What Can I Say, This Netbook has it all from the very basics, to the more advanced in-built features.

The Netbook is a very lightweight and has a strong structure. It has an excellent keyboard but a letdown to it's touchpad as told below. The WIFI is superb as well as the three USB's which makes a huge difference. Although the battery life I get is around 2 hours, the performance is superb. It runs programs such as Adobe Photoshop,Premiere and high end powered graphics software well, and to my surprise, even runs games like Counter Strike with it's in built Graphics card on low detail, but good quality! Overall, the Netbook is Simple & Easy to use!

The only let down's of this product is:

-No CD-ROM drive - Although its not necessary, you can copy the files onto another pc, and use a flash drive to install the software

-Small Touchpad - Although it has a Multi Gesture Touchpad (Which I adore! Just like the Macbook Air!) It's very small, however, I would recommend using an External USB mouse for long periods of time!

Thanks for letting me review the Acer D250
I would Highly Recommend this Netbook, it even runs XP Pro/Windows Vista as well as the upcoming Windows 7!
33 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2009
I bought this Netbook as a replacement for an Aspire 150. I had to return the 150 after receiving no help from Acer regarding problems with the 150. They ignored service requests completely so I returned the unit as not fit for purpose. With the 250 I have my fingers crossed as although I didn't want to purchase an Acer product, the alternatives left me cold in terms of keyboard layout, weight, battery life etc. The problem I had with the 150 was that the mousepad left hand button failed and the WIFI kept losing connection and the m/c could only reconnect after a complete shut down. The 250 has a different mousepad and I am not experiencing any problem with WIFI. Battery life is around 3-4 hours but is much better than the 150, although of course longer battery life is claimed by acer. So I think so far so good and unless the current 150 has a different mousepad I would avoid this and buy a 250.
on 3 November 2010
I have had one of these for a few months now, primary because i wanted an XP OS and it really is an addictive netbook. I also own a 16" laptop and desktop but find myself using this all the time. Its quick enough to browse the web, watch youtube video's, iplayer and sky player without any quality problems, but obviously not HD. The keyboard may be a bit small for someone with big fingers and the mouse pad is not huge, but they both have an easy action. Battery life during web browsing is about 2 1/2 hours. The netbook gets warm on your lap but not overly hot and the cpu fan exits on the left hand side. The screen quality is excellent and the images crisp and sharp. The only real downside is the sound quality (As on most netbooks) so a set of headphones is essential for music. If you want a compact machine that will do everything you want (Obviously not gaming) with good build quality, Great value, windows BEST operating system and an excellent screen look no further.
on 19 January 2010
What a fab little thing! I bought this for home use, mostly for internet access but its great for everything else. Its quick and responsive, the screen is clear, set-up is easy, it has Windows XP and even comes with 9 months free McAfee anti virus software. The best purchase i have made in a long time and not too badly priced either.
Brilliant!
on 14 October 2009
Worked first time out the box, easy to set up good wireless connection, screen and keys a bit small but as I bought it to travel with think it does to job very well, just have to be a bit careful typing.
on 29 August 2010
The Acer Aspire One D250 is typical of the other netbooks on the market today.

Sporting a 10.1 inch Acer CrystalBrite LCD with 1024 x 600 WSVGA resolution, 1GB of DDR2 Memory, 160GB Hard Drive and an Intel Atom N270 Processor running at 1.6GHz.

The Acer Aspire One D250 gives you the freedom to use it anywhere. Whether at a park, airport, train station, pretty much anywhere. The netbook allows you to have full computer access without lugging around a large and weighty laptop.

The Acer Aspire One D250 is available in many different models and colours. Some models have bluetooth built in, And some models even have the added functionality of a Sim Card Slot suitable for 3G internet on the move.

The Intel Atom Processor is designed for low powered computers and can run many different applications (Internet, Music, Messenger) and doesn't drain the battery much giving upto 3.15 hours of use between charges. Some models can also be purchased with a 6 Cell Battery giving upto 8.5 hours of use between charges.

This particular model is included with a 3 cell battery which provides enough charge time for a few hours. I purchased a 6 cell battery allowing up to 7.5 hours of charge time and after a few months I noticed a 9 cell battery and purchased that giving the Netbook up to 13 hours charge time. This is more then is needed but this allows for a truly mobile experience.

The stock 1GB of RAM is also plenty to run normal programs and applications , some applications may require more RAM Memory to run the programs efficiently however this Netbook can easily be upgraded to a 2GB stick of DDR2 RAM. This is very easy to do and step by step instructions can be found on the internet

The 160GB Hard Drive gives plenty of room for documents and files to be saved. And is more then adequate for a Netbook. The hard drive included this model is very energy efficient saving battery power when ever required. The hard drive when tested also performs very well against the other competitors on the market. It can also be easily upgraded to a larger capacity drive. Just look for 2.5inch Sata Hard Drive. There are sizes i have seen up to 750GB, but for a Netbook this really is not necessary.

Some other information about the D250 which you may find helpful

1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Ethernet (RJ-45) port
1 x DC-in jack for AC adapter
1 x Multi Card Reader

The D250 also has 802.11B&G WiFi as standard and also has a Blank PCI Express Mini Slot for a compatible accessory, One of which could be a Solid State Memory Chip which i have seen available on the market.

This Netbook i have found compared to the others on the market out performs most of them. I previously had a Samsung NC10 which doesn't compare to this fantastic Netbook produced by Acer.

Hope This Review Helps

Adam
on 15 January 2010
Im not mega technical so here goes, it worked straight out of the box, it suits my needs perfectly, I wanted something to take to friends and show photos and to store photos on when on holiday, and I can keep up on facebook and Hotmail when Im away. Good amount of memory and good value for money, cant think of a negative comment, I love it.
on 4 November 2010
great little product. I wouldnt replace a desktop pc with this, but thats not what netbooks are for. The design is modern and the speed is decent. This is great for 'pick up and surf'

The only down-side is that i've had to delete alot of game demo's and other useless programs.

Deffo worth the money though.
on 29 January 2010
This was a Christmas present for my daughter and unfortunately the first one was faulty but Amazon were fantastic and sent another one straight away. She loves it and it is so compact and neat makes my own laptop look ancient. Would recommend think I was just unlucky with the first one.
on 7 October 2010
Really happy with my little netbook. Great for uni, when you need to access a pc quickly and there is never a free one! Just find a pew now and log on, great!
Really light, small keyboard size is actually just nice for female hands. Only negative is it can be a little slow if too many apps open, however I didn't buy it for power or performance, just convenience. Battery life is ok, pretty much lasts 2.5 - 3hrs.
Pleased.