5.0 out of 5 stars good piece of kit
I bought this ice crew top, to go walking in and also to wear when I train outdoors in the winter time, I swing kettlebells out doors, and between sets you can cool down a bit too much in the winter months , so I tried the Ice crew, I wore it for a couple of days walking the dogs, then I trained for an hour wearing it and ran in it to see if it started to smell prior to...
Published on 14 Feb 2011 by johnny cabbage head

3.0 out of 5 stars Design is a bit iffy
I have 2 long sleeved HH Warm shirts myself (very pleased with those) and decided to treat my dad (his shoulders and elbows are very cold-sensitive). So I just assumed those white stripes are painted on (just like my own shirts). I was wrong - these striped details are of a flimsy and thin material, making my purchase totally pointless. Helly Hansen's designers have...
Published 21 months ago by Liis

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it..., 11 Feb 2011
This top is brill. I bought it as a new base layer for skiing and cannot fault its performance.We had below seasonal temps. and it does all it claims. I have bought another one for good measure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, 11 Jan 2011
After listening to some frineds about HH base layer, I decided to buy one for those cold days...really impressive!
Smooth, very light, but still protective from harsh days in winter time.
I strongly recommend it for those riders who don't stay home when temperature are on minus side...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Oct 2010
J K (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This item is great, very comfortable fit and very warm. The fabric is soft, and it does well to both keep me warm, and also keep me dry.

Similar to the Lifa Dry range, it just has a nice layer of soft Merino wool on top. So it delivers the same wicking performance you'd expect from HH.

I use this everyday as I'm a motorcyclist. I'm experiencing windchill temperatures of -15 degrees and this has kept me warm even with just my work shirt and motorcycling jacket. I sweat when I first get into our oven of an office but the top won't smell until Thursday (I did it for testing purposes, I have this and a half zip turtle neck to alternate through the week).

I also received this very quickly from Amazon, within a few working days rather than the despatch month quoted. So very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Oct 2014
Worth every penny , very light weight but a lot warmer and more comfortable than your typical thermal tops , can wear one for five days without a hint of getting smelly. Cuffs are a little tight to get on but ease after a couple of washes which incidentally they do very well , I originally was looking for short sleeve but ended up with long sleeve and am now pleased I did, used for work ( outdoors all week) and brilliant with the long sleeves if like me you have jumpers or pullovers which tend to be itchy on the skin , pop on your helly top under your wool jumper and your warm and smart . I bought four to last me all week I only use one and one for the weekend so have two spare for back if needed.
Definitely worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 28 Oct 2010
P. Rogers - See all my reviews
The top feels like a quality product. I have for many seasons used the HH base layer tops when skiing, but over the last few seasons I have found myself skiing in January rather than March and felt the need for a warmer base layer, hence this top, which has a mix of merino wool.
I was happy to see that the merino wool appears on the outer layer of the garment, whilst HH have stuck with the very successful polypropylene on the inside so that any perspiration is easily absorbed and you are kept warm and dry. The possible downside to this set up is that the top is likely to only last a couple of days before it needs a wash (due to the smell), whereas a garment made of merino wool is supposed to repel odours for longer.
Fingers crossed that it lives up to first impressions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not same product., 12 Aug 2012
I purchased two of these tops, 2 years ago and fell in love with them; they are absolutely perfect for Scottish weather.

Now purchasing two more from Amazon, I find they have changed:

1. The material is slightly thinner and different (57/43 instead of 51/49 Wool/Lifa mix).
2. The material is slightly itchy as opposed to silky smooth.
3. The cut is different:
i. The neck is too small.
ii. The cut under the armpit has narrowed making it feel slightly restricting (and feels like their Lifa-dry cut)
This is odd as I am average-slim build (Size L), and the previous cut was perfect but nonetheless body-hugging, so I can see no reason why Helly Hansen would be motivated to narrow the cut.

Oh, and there is a 1 inch hole in the side-seam.

Basically Helly Hansen have altered a virtually perfect product.
I would much prefer to pay £35-40 for the old product than £22.50 for this new one.

I am now desperately running around trying to find suppliers with old stock.
Please message me, if you know any source!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for winter, 25 Jan 2013
Having shied away from running during the winter months over the last few years, I decided it was about time I manned up and got myself the necessary kit to go out running in. This top is a key piece of the jigsaw. I'm 5 foot 9 and 12 stone and opted for large, which was just the right size. I have run in temperatures in and around the freexing mark and I'm fairly confident I could run in this at -5 degree C and possibly lower still, so generally all good for a standard UK winter. I got back from a run yesterday and the temp was just above freezing when I finished, the good thing was I wasn't itching to get back inside due to the cold.

The general premise is that these tops wick away sweat quickly which can become cold and/or uncomfortable in colder conditions so keeping the runner's body at a nice temperature. I had a standard HH top about 15 years ago and I'm pretty convinced that the Ice Crew is warmer to wear due to the added layer of wool. It also looks good and I've ordered a 2nd one. I've worn one or two competitors products in the past but not found them as good a fit or able to wick away the sweat as well. It's well worth the money if you'd rather not get that expensive 12 month gym subscription and would rather be running for free.

In short these tops do exactly what they're supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cold days, 3 July 2014
Mr. P. Girault (Farnham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Ice Crew (Sports Apparel)
Thick and comfortable. Brilliant to run with in winter,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great top, 30 May 2014
Read the reviews on this it is an excellent more than pleased nice long sleeves which in like as use it for cycling . Keeps me warm yet dry .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 May 2014
Keeps me really warm even in the coldest weather. A little uncomfortable when you first put it on but you don't even notice it within a few minutes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›