4.0 out of 5 stars Good start
I don't think I've put any spoilers in, but just be careful in case you don't agree.

I downloaded this book from my recomendations and I'm glad I did. I'm very much a reader that enjoys romantic suspense books and this certainly ticks the boxes.

Published on 1 Jan. 2012 by Lyndsay

3.0 out of 5 stars 3/5- Fallen
Published 11 months ago by Aarti

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I've marked it as 4 stars as I do think some improvements could be made. Mainly the story takes a long time to get going. I seemed to be halfway through the book before anything actually happened which was a shame as I was ready for putting the book down and giving up but I perservered and read on as the latter half of the book really makes up for everything.

Maggie really is a loveable character and you know that as you read on to the 2nd & 3rd book there's going to be so much to learn about Maggie, her lives, her friends, her relationships and just how special a person she is.

In Fallen we're introduced to Ezra, Rufus & felix who are Maggie's housemates and you are left with a distinct feeling that they know more than they let on but that is yet to be proved otherwise, who knows what will come in books 2 & 3. I think these characters have much more to offer and I love how Laury has created these different characters who are on the edge of the story but still very important to it.

We then have the "fallen ones" - How bizzarre these are and suddenly appear out of nowhere in what seems like a very large grouping, I'll not mention to much as I'm sure there is much more to come from these characters but you vcan't help but fall in love a little with Greshom who's a "good baddy" You even think there might be some romance in the air but the ending of the book throws a bucket on the fire with that little bit of my imagination but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Greshom (at least I hope not)

Anyways, my favourite part of any story is Eran - the love of Maggie's life, her hero, soul mate and everything in between. I love a good love story and there is so much to discover of the love between Maggie & Eran it's this that keeps me hooked and I can't wait to find out all about their history and see what is to come in the future for these 2.

This story is well written, very descriptive in parts maybe a little to much. The characters are well written with many hidden chapters to them that leave you curious and bursting with excitement to read the next installment. The relationships between characters are fantastic and you can truly understand how each person feels.

A good start to the trilogy and I am looking forward to getting on with book 2.

xx

4.0 out of 5 stars Best YA book yet., 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The reason I gave this only 4 stars, first of all, is purely because some dates don't add up in the story line and one event in particular changes from being in the 1660's to the 1330's.
If you're a historian or otherwise you may notice they're both wrong anyway! But do not let this deter you. The story is gripping from the beginning and although the main characters consist of your typical overprotective boyfriend and a stubborn strong main female character you can't help but like them. I prefer this to Fallen by Kate Lauren, although there are some striking similarities, this one is for those slightly older. Do not expect the series to be unpredictable, its a YA book, but do expect an exciting and entertaining read, even if you're in your 20s!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3/5- Fallen, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have read plenty of supernatural books through out my time and I like the way in which each one is classic yet original. However in Fallen you can see many aspects of various supernatural themes merged into one, pretty great book. It is 100% addictive and I managed to read it in under 2 days. Unfortunately the reason for me only giving it 3 stars was that if you are a fan of supernatural elements then this book can occasionally be a bit predictable. I also read the sneak peek of the second book in the trilogy and it seems to be a lot better than the first. Overall it was a good read.

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't even...just, no., 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is another of those books that baffles me by the number of 5star ratings it's received. Honestly, I just really did not find anything interesting or intriguing in it.

I think a big part of the problem was that nothing at all was adequately explained or developed.

The characters were all very 2d, and very contrived.

Dialogue was cringe-worthy and wooden.

There was absolutely no chemistry between Maggie and Eran. Plus, it was another ridiculous insta-love swoon-over-big-strong-protector thingies which always gets my goat a bit. Ok, so it could be argued that they have this long history together or whatever (I haven't read the other books) but Maggie doesn't remember that so, for her, it's very much the cliched 'I barely know you but you are so the one' type affairs.

And the bad guys? Oh my days. Shallow and nonsensical. They scowl, they glare, they sneer. They send shivers across her neck but...why??? Give em evil chuckling and hand rubbing and they'd have been full-on B Movie style villains.

I hated the ending and her pathetic 'I'm going to save all the ones I care for' decision. Stupid. The final confrontation was...just no. Unbelievable and confusing.

Summary: Story was repetitive and the plot was full of holes. I felt empty after reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought by accident - what a happy accident!!, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I had been meaning to read Lauren Kate for quite a while, and I clicked and bought this book quite by accident (damn you one-click buying!!) As it was only £2 I didn't complain and thought I might as well read it. What a wonderful surprise! I loved it, it was very original! Most books these days all seem to copy of each other, which makes a find like this all the more special. Maggie was likeble and Eran was irresistable. I was dreading a love triangle opening up with Gershom, as I HATE it when authors force triangles down our throats - i like my love to be pure and simple lol. But, i was wrong and yet again pleasantly surprised. The interactions between Maggie and Eran seemed so genuine that they made your heart melt, there was not a single moment that felt forced. All in all, not the best book I've ever read, and trust me I've read thousands. But it was very enjoyable and as soon as I read this one, I downloaded 2 and 3 and they didnt disappoint!

Oh, and FYI I did eventaully get a hold of Kate's Fallen. It was AWFUL! (i've written another review of that if you want more info!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Concept, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Fallen Ones are after Maggie a girl who can talk to the dead in her dreams. After moving to New Orleans Maggie encounters some near death experiences but none of these are accidental in fact there are those who want her dead but Maggie's guardian has other ideas ones that will keep her alive and us guessing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, decent read, 9 Aug. 2013
Jenny (Merseyside, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I like Laury Falter, I think she is an intelligent writer and her characters are witty and fully developed.
The story is good and it keeps you reading and guessing right through all 3 books.

The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is mainly the ending of the series, it seemed a bit rushed and kind of abrupt. I don't know if this is because she intends to write more in the future or if she just got so near the end that she couldn't wait to finish.

But all in all a very good story and worth reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Fallen, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is an exciting read! Its great how it isnt all drawn out and the plots twists and turns are just that! You dont expect most of them. I was grateful to find that this book didnt have those glaringly obvious bits when you just know whats going to happen next. After reading many books similar to Twilight i have consiously tryed to steer clear of them and read some thing new and exciting! This is one of the few i found and have really enjoyed. I am deffo looking forward to book 2 and 3 in this triology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallen..., 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Such a brilliant book Laury, well done!
Made me cry at the end, soppy romantic that I am.

To others thinking about buying this book, go for it
I'm a bit put off about buying the other book as I don't really want to pay nearly £8 when the first one was just under £2. :(

Anyway, like I aid, great read and brilliant story. Shame about the couple of typo's a spotted within the book though! (Although it was probably me reading it wrong haha)
Definitely worth 5 stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, have downloaded the rest!, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A great start to a really good concept. I like the angels fallen or otherwise vibe and with the backdrop of eternal love and romance between the heroine Mags and Eran I didn't put this down. The writing is great and the descriptions of New Orleans really add to the story. The plot is fairly straight forward and all the characters well written leading to a dramatic but satisfying ending. I am pleased and prepared to read on!!!!

Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1)