5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice.
Well i enjoyed this book too.A bit sexy to what I normally read but was actioned packed and an Unstoppable Read.Loved it.
Published 12 months ago by Kindle Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel syndrome
Published 3 months ago by Bruce W.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel syndrome, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to this book having read the first one. as with the first a good central character (he seems to have serious problems with his choice of women, getting disturbingly younger). and has the full powers of a demon at his command. yet never actually uses it in his quest. instead (SPOILER ALERT) a few Latin? words seem all that is necessary to stop the greatest horror the world could face... anticlimactic to say the least. th author's apparent preoccupation with sex gets in the way of what could have been a passable story. to my mind there wasn't enough use of Malachi, there wasn't enough delving into the psyche of the main protagonist. a word of advice put more effort into building characters than in their sexual shenanigans. and make her far more frightening than a hackneyed silliness . this like so many other sequels is a story that probably shouldn't have been written. personally I think you should approach a sequel as a completely new story and not just part 2. That being said the author is a good writer who just needs to tone down the sex and concentrate more on characters and story.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I was enjoying this until the sex arrived. I liked the idea of the book but as far as the sex and the violence went it showed an inability to carry the story through subtlety and craft. I gave up the book on principle when he started to describe a male character's sexual attraction to a fifteen year old vulnerable female.

4.0 out of 5 stars Proper Horror, 20 Jun 2014
Ruju (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
After reading Covenant and now Sacrifice, I've realised that John Everson reminds me of Richard Laymon. The storytelling is different, but several Laymon hallmarks are there, namely sex, violence and the inane chatter between characters. Overall, Laymon is good, and so is Everson. While Covenant was a decent read, I thought that Sacrifice was an improvement, hence the 4 stars. I can't really think a lot to say about it, apart from that I found it to be a proper horror story, written in a style that was both entertaining and easy to read. Everson is a new author for me, but I'll definitely be checking out his other titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice., 21 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars sacrifice, 16 Nov 2013
Mr. G. Brace (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
It is a very silly story, but.... it is gripping, very well written and even if you feel slightly embarrassed reading it, as I did, it is very difficult to put down. It is the follow-on story from his previous story and ties in well.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but disappointing, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I read the first book and really enjoyed it, this book could have been as good , but the constant rehashing of the first book made up far too much of this book for my liking

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
Firstly I agree that anyone who reads this book will need to read Covenant first to really get the story. Both brilliant books but I enjoyed Sacrifice more. This was a great follow on and in my opinion a better book by far. The characters were so real and familiar, I felt I took the whole trip with Joe and Alex. I hope Mr Everson sees fit to write another book as the ending was completely unexpected. Read and enjoy is my advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sacrifice (Mass Market Paperback)
To get the best out of this book you need to have read the first one - Covenant.
This book keeps your interest while reading it. It's the third John Everson book I have read and I intend to read more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is all subjective...., 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Sacrifice (Mass Market Paperback)
for me, this book is spot on the mark. If you enjoyed the first one- you will enjoy this one also. Everson has a distinct voice- and a poht by powerful voice at that. It is an easy read- and a great way to laze away a rainy Friday night by a fireplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrifice - had to read to end, 4 Dec 2014
Mr. Anthony P. Bryan (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
Any book that keeps me reading to the end I rate with top marks. Alternates between the devil worshipper and the would be heroes with troubled backgrounds. The ending was not forecast by me you sometimes expect a good outcome. There must be a sequel time to see if there is.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›