5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome To My World
At last a Jim Reeves CD with the original version of Welcome To My World with full orchestration (as used in the TV advert) not the accoustic version available on most UK CD's. Many of the tracks are in stereo and of good quality and my CD follows the track listing. Would recommend to anyone wanting a greatest hits compliation of Jim Reeves.
Published on 4 Jun 2009 by 60'S

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cd
We bought this for my partners mother, she loves jim reeves. She sits and listens to it all day. Thank you
Published 4 months ago by Tracey Woodland

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome To My World, 4 Jun 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Jim Reeves, 16 Jun 2009
R. Berry - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
It's one of the best cd's I've ever purchased. It brings back so many happy memories of my childhood days. It also lets me remember my parents and relations no longer with us. I find it relaxing and stimulating at the same time. I play it in my car going to and from work.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'A TRUE 'MUSIC' LEGEND', 10 Mar 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
'Jim (Gentleman-Jim) Reeves' certainly one of 'The all Time Greats'
His music landed somewhere between 'Country and Pop' which made him a favourite
with old and young alike, I remember my parents liking his music, which at the time
wasn't in truth what i wanted to hear, because I too liked many of his songs.
'Jim's early material charted in the 'American' country charts way back in 1953 with
two number one hits.....'Mexican Joe' (1953) 'Bimbo' (1954) the latter included among
the track list on this album.
He broke into both the U.K and U.S (Billboard) charts in 1959 with 'He'll Have to Go'
though having many hits both sides of the 'Atlantic' he only had the one number '1' here
in the U.K which was 'Distant Drums' (1966) in the U.S he had eleven number 'i's in
the 'Country' charts, however his highest in the Billboard was 'He'll Have to Go' (number
'2')
This CD- 'The Best of Jim Reeves' contains all his U.K top ten successes along with many
that made the Top 40.
I'd have to say, for me this what i would call an 'Easy Listening' experience well worth
visiting now and then.
Among some of the great numbers included on this collection....'Welcome to My World' ...
'Distant Drums'....'I Won't Forget You'....'I Love You Because'....'There's a Heartache
Following Me'....'He'll Have To Go'....'Guilty'....'But You Love Me Daddy'....and....'Have I
Told You Lately That I Love You'......some of the truly memorable numbers on board.
This album is a great reflection of the music 'Jim Reeves' gave us.
Sadly, whilst piloting a light aircraft over 'Brentwood' 'Tennessee' he ran into a violent
thunderstorm, 'July 31st 1964' he and all on board perished....he was just 42 years old.
He was at the height of his popularity, his music continued to chart after his death, as
with so many of yesterday's 'True Greats' his music remains 'The Legacy' to many lives on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past, 1 July 2009
J. Cleife (Highbridge, Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
Brought Jim Reeves for my father. I grew up knowing most of the songs. If you were in Highbridge on Fathers Day you could have heard the off key singing. My father, Les loved it.
If you want to go back to a time when songs had words that made sense, this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars what it say's on the label, 26 July 2009
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
having read the review's already there I was unsure of what I was getting. However having listened to the cd it was just what I was hoping it would be. A good mix of tracks with a good sound quality. Perhaps my expectations are to low or some people are really picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest!!, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
The Very Best ofThis man is a classic, his songs will never grow old, I danced to them as a teenager and relish them and my memories as an OAP. I not only bought one for myself, I also bought one for my brother and his wife, TREMENDOUS value for the money. His voice is as rich as melting chocolate, Brrillllianttttt!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Jim Reeves, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
Cd arrived in good time and was well packaged. Cd of great quality and was excellent value for money. Overall very pleased with purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Best of Jim Reeves, 20 Feb 2010
Mrs. Diane Field (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
Bought this as a surprise for my Husband and he is really pleased with it. Plays most of his hits and more... Even I find it fairly relaxing,but not sleep inducing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
I got this cd for my grandad as part of a xmas gift, he loves it. He mentioned that he used to have jim reeves albums many years ago, but over the years they either got lost or borrowed & he s never seen them since, so i thought that this cd would be a nice surprise for him & it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Reeves, 9 Jan 2010
G. slater (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of (Audio CD)
I remember my mother listening to Jim Reeves when I was very small and used to sing along to his songs.
This is a brilliant album if you are a Jim Reeves fan, which my mother is, and she enjoys listening to it.