on 1 January 2012
I'm quite a bit disappointed with this pack, I like to get extras for my money, I not only mean the extras on the disks, but the things that are in the box. In this case all you get is one lousy standard jewel case sized leaflet apart from the disks. And also the disc cases are such low quality that some of the holders were already broken when I first opened it, so the discs were just flying around in it. The box itself looks ok, not the best I've seen but acceptable design and quality, only problem with it that its completely impractical, because the BR cases are fitted so tight in it, you can only remove any of them by shaking the box upside down so they start falling out.

The video quality is only 3/5 maybe. And another thing annoying me is the misleading information regarding the extras, in the description there was an extra listed "The Music of Battlestar Galactica" So I expected to get some music content, but it turned out to be a lame docureality with Bear Mcreary. So there is absolutely no soundtracks among the extras.
11 comment2 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2010
5 stars because I love the series and the entire set includes everything plus extra's such as unseen footage etc. Certain bits are interesting in hindsight as they were clearly removed as giving too much of a signpost.

To the downside and why I'm not sure its worth getting in this format for a non rabid fan:

a) Quality of the footage. I'd just watched Casino Royale on Blu-ray right before I loaded this in and the difference in quality is hard to avoid even for a fanatic like me.

b) No mouse capability on the menu - ok a personal peeve but one I find very irritating. If I pay over £100 for a blu-ray set I expect it to be user friendly as some of us do watch these on computers.

c) The case is attractive but very light. It feels like it would be very easy to damage.
on 9 March 2011
i bought this elsewhere for a significant amount more than the amazon price, and I'm not disappointed at all, the episodes look stunning in HD, sure some scenes look grainy but thats due to lighting on set but it all adds to the look and feel of the show anyway... the interactive features are great and there's plenty (ok not huge amounts, just plenty) of extras.

if i had any complaint about this box set at all it would be that the mini series was shot on film and looks as though it wasn't looked after as it's very grainy, and covered in scratches and pops.

all in all a great buy but if your one of those people who are really bothered about the extras then maybe you should stick to the more in-depth DVD release and forgo the HD viewing experience!
on 27 January 2010
While I was quite confident that what worked for US players would work here in Canada as well, I'd like to confirm that it plays and looks great on a Canadian purchased Samsung Blu-Ray player with current firmware updates. Also, for those of you who like me were worried about possible PAL screen ratios resulting in a distorted picture or missing information on a 16:9 NTSC display I can confirm that the 3 discs I've checked so far look fantastic with no discernable distortion or cropping issues. When combined with the plastic cases instead of the cardboard sleeves that the US release uses and taking into account the significant savings, I cannot recommend this version highly enough.

A must buy for Canadian HD junkies and Battlestar fans alike.
on 6 January 2013
Brilliant set, it includes the miniseries, series 1 to 5 and razor, each series is split up into two full sized DVD cases, no double sided rubbish and a booklet with notes on about each series.

The outer box and lid is good and sturdy and it shows the main characters on each side.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about quality because the grittiness of certain scenes really makes it believable to an extent, all the battle and important scenes are in brilliant Blu-ray quality.

I'd never actually watched the full start to finish until I got this set and I must say it's one of my new favourites.

If you like sci-fi you probably will really like this series and I would definitely recommend this Box Set.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2010
Well it's here again! Already released in a limited edition metal tin, I have to say this packaging is infinitely better and sits on a DVD shelf very nicely. Each season is presented in a standard blu ray case, unlike the tin which has fiddly, scratch prone boxes.

This also comes with a booklet detailing the main chaacters and each episode on each disc and all the special features.

BG is one of the best scifi tv shows, with the likes of Jane Espenson (Buffy and Angel writer/producer) writing this show you know it will be full on, funny and sad in the same episodes. This is not for younger viewers (unlike the original!).
11 comment3 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2015
great show to watch if u like sci fi
on 13 October 2013
Ordered in January 2013 never arrived by end of February. Called to get a replacement.
Order arrived in March but don't know if it's the missing 1st order or the replacement order?
Started watching series found out that I was missing season 2. Two season 3 in the box. Called again sent me season 2 individual to replace missing season. No charge
Received season 2 now complete. April new package arrives Battlestar Galactica complete series in damaged box. Lost for four months, don't blame Amazon for postal delivery problem. Enjoyed watching all of the series in two days.
on 14 January 2015
Awesome. Great show, great quality.
on 3 January 2015
A knew twist on the original series
11 comment0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse