on 20 March 2010
First of all,the package with phone came one week earlier,what is great. When I opened inside was vodafone phone kit,I thought it will be no marked phone,but it doesn't matters. The kit contains phone,battery,headphones,USB cable,and some strange charger for UK so I must buy a new one,standard charger for EU. There is no CD with driver,and you have to download it. Phone is SIM unlocked and great looking. For those who don't want an overfunctioned phone,i recommend this one,with really nice design.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 13 December 2009
I got this phone as a replacement for the Sony Ericsson K800i. Whilst the C510 is slimmer and lighter than the K800i, it also has a 3.2 megapixel camera (but not a proper flash) and a similar keypad layout to the K800i. However the similarity ends there. The C510's camera is nowhere near as good as the camera in the K800i: the C510's photos look grainy and out of focus. It is also slow and more difficult to get the camera to focus on the subject, and the LED flash is weak. The four concave control keys at the top of the C510 keypad are relatively cramped and fiddly to use, and it is too easy to make a mistake (especially in the case of the top two keys). Overall I cannot recommend this phone and am now looking to replace it with a model with a better camera and with less cramped control keys.
on 21 February 2011
I've had this phone now for just short of 2 years under contract. Never really had a problem with it, and the battery life is fairly good compared with the Nokia 6300 I had previously.

I don't really use it for the camera, but I don't understand why people moan about the camera function. (The pictures are reasonable). You know the megapixel rating when you buy it, and it is a phone after all, not a camera. Buy a camera if you are that worried about picture quality.

One problem that I have had, and this has only started recently. If sending an MMS message, it wipes out my ringtone and sets the text alert to a default one. The only way to cure it is to remove and replace the battery. Not a huge problem and given this phone has been used daily for nearly 2 years I suppose things could be a lot worse.

The only reason I haven't given this phone top marks is nothing to do with reliability, but the fact that the keys are a little on the small side and it is easy to hit the wrong button when texting. I've wiped out many a text message due to the fiddly keys in the top row under the screen.

But all in all I have been happy with this phone.
on 18 December 2011
After having lost one of these phones, I thought I would buy another as they suit my needs just perfectly. But this time I thought I'd buy a Sim Free C510. Arrived quickly, in good packaging, and also no Network Logo. After reading the description of the phone, I seen that it said "unlocked to all networks except the 3 network". So I thought "fair enough, I will be using it on Vodafone anyway". A couple of days after I had been using it, I had a feeling that there was something fishy about the description of the phone. As you all know, Sim-Free is where the phone isn't locked to a Network, and can be used on any in the world. Here's where I like this phone alot more. I thought I'd test the phone to its full potential, by using a sim card from every network I could find. Vodafone, Orange, O2, GiffGaff, Tesco, Virgin ect... They all work fine. Then I was down to the 3 Network. So, ripped the 3 sim card out of the holder, put it in the phone, and to my amazement, this phone can be used on 3, after the description says it cannot be used on that network. So yes, it can be used on all netwoks you can think of.
on 21 March 2012
I've had this phone since 2009, and have sold another phone I got as an 'upgrade' as part of my contract, since I am pleased with this one.

I never wanted a phone that can do everything, because for example, phone cameras will nearly always be behind actual cameras, but the camera on this is decent enough if you don't plan to take a photo.

However MP3 player is excellent, I use it at work pretty much every day for most of the working day for the past 2 or more years, and it still has the same battery, and still lasts two days before I need to recharge it even with all the music playing for extended times. With a 8gb memory card, I've got most of my music collection all on my phone, almost 2000 songs, and the phone understands MP3, WMA & M4A/AAC so you don't have to fiddle around with conversion.

Only bad thing is texting can be a little fiddly with the small keys, and also my not bothering to add new words to the dictionary for predictive text.

It is a very robust phone, mine is rather scratched etc but it still works great. I see these new phones with the big touch screens as too large, and an accident waiting to happen (so many I've seen with smashed screens). If this phone were to break, I would do my best to find another C510, but I doubt I will have to.
on 31 August 2015
Having researched for a potential "upgrade" to my Nokia mobile phone, I was tempted by getting a phone that I won't be in a hurry to have regrets once I'd bought it.

The C510 certainly looks like the best (main) mobile phone I've had since the Vodafone 725 - they both share many qualities - only the Sony Ericsson has alot more (Track ID being one of them) - despite owning it for just a couple of days, I'm more than happy with my decision/purchase.

Anyone who wants mobile phone as an excellent "back up" to a smartphone - then stop right here.
on 15 November 2010
Bought this phone last November in white (unlocked)from GSM Fonz. It was fine for a few months until the battery started to discharge itself in 4 minutes flat repeatably. Sent it back to Sony-Ericcson, who tested, said it still made phone calls and sent it back to me. So I returned it to Sony again and this time they replaced it with another of a similar age. This one worked ok, but the Gotcha is that sony locked it back to the Vodafone network! So I had to retun it to GSM Fonz, who had agreed to unlock it. When it came back to me, the phone wouldn't even start up. GSM Fonz has subsequently failed to respond to 4 attempts to contact them (via the Amazon website email) over a period of three weeks now. Contacted Amazon customer services, who said, that it was the seller's issue not theirs. Contacted Amazon again, to say that their attitude was a cop out. This time they said they would get their customer service team to contact GSM Fonz, since they are still selling on this site, but not responding to issues within the warranty period. That was 4 days ago - still heard nothing from GSM Fonz. Still got a bricked phone. I suggest being a little cautious about buying "unlocked phones" from this vendor.....
on 24 April 2013
this was purchased as a xmas gift, it was sent on time and has been ok , unfortunately it packed up only weeks ago.
on 11 April 2011
I have never had a decent phone before,
I guess it is just because i pick the wrong phones or it could be that
the last two phones i have had are sony ericssons.
my first phone was a sony ericsson w580i. This was amazingly awful.
I then got this and had no more luck. After a couple of days there were dents and scratches but I had never dropped it??
I have had to send this phone away 3 times
1st time was the camera slide snapped off
2nd time was the back cover had snapped off
3rd time network problem
If i were you i would definetly get a different phone to this because there are many for the same price.
I hope you found this helpful!
on 1 August 2014