5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me
Published 10 months ago by D. A. Steele

1.0 out of 5 stars Works like a cheap shampoo- costs a fortune
I was curious about this product. And I'm not sure what the manufacturer claims it does, but from my experience, this is what it does. Just a bit of background on me, i am a 30 something man with a slow receeding hairline for about 4 years. I still have the majority of my hair though. I used this shampoo everyday and left it on for 2-10mins every wash.
The smell is...
Published 3 months ago by R. Springall

1.0 out of 5 stars Works like a cheap shampoo- costs a fortune, 30 Dec. 2014
R. Springall - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
The smell is ok, quite strong, but I did not mind it. After every wash my hair goes very fluffy, and I do not use hair products or gels. For the first two weeks I had headaches, I guess this was the boost of caffeine. My hair did not grow back, I did not ever think it would. My hair did grip to my scalp for 3-4 weeks and I noticed hair was not dropping out as much, however, by the time I started my second bottle, the effect had worn off, my hair started dropping again at normal rate. So any effect was short lived and temporary. I also had minor sores appear on my scalp, whether this was the shampoo, I am not sure, as it has also passed since. I will not continue using as I don't think the price and effort for such a limited effect is worth it. If this product was able to stop hair loss or even re grow hair, it would be news all over the world, instead it is a self publicised advert which isn't even allowed to make the claim on UK TV, only on the bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
I'm female in my 50s and have hereditary hair loss on the top of my head for 25 years. I have naturally fine hair anyway but the hair loss was getting worse. I've used this shampoo for three months and I now have new hair growing. It's made my hair look and feel thicker anyway, but the is real hair growth. I noticed within a few weeks of using it that I had stubble on the top of my scalp, now it's about half an inch of new hair all over the top of my head, you can actually see it. My hairdresser has confirmed it too. I wash my hair most days and I keep the shampoo on my head for at least two minutes.

I understand that for some people Caffeine Shampoo has made little difference, but it's worth trying it. It's made me feel so much more confidant. I hated losing my hair, it's worse for a women I think. Give it a go, I fully recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars You have got to try it., 13 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
Right, I thought of giving a fair evaluation for this product.

Experiment:

Me: 30 yo male, mild hair loss, stressful life style.

Period: 4 weeks

Frequency of use: 4days/week.

Direction: Applied it ONLY on the hairline where I have balding points,for about to mins before I rinsed my hair. ( Direction on the bottle).

Side Effects: It feels like your skull ablaze but nothing major. I got dandruff because I didn't rinse it thoroughly. I think because I have quite curly hair I noticed the curls are some how messier after using the shampoo.

IMPORTANT BIT
Results:
I have kept an eye on the treated hairline and looking closely I have noticed changes, I start to see tiny hair starts to grow in that area.
It relieves the scalp ache accompanied with hair loss.

Recommendation:
Do I recommend it? Well yes, it is cheap. However, if you do it the same way I did it so you can notice if there is a difference or not. Many people use it all over and then it is hard to trace any changes. Concentrate on a small area of your scalp which you can notice easily and then judge the product.

If it has worked for me, why did I give 3 stars:
Well, I don't want to boost the rating of a product which might not work for others, I therefore wrote this detailed review.

Will I buy it again?
What do you think? Of course YES.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... found the more expensive Alpecin (double action) shampoo very good - this one - awful in fact, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
I found the more expensive Alpecin (double action) shampoo very good - this one - awful in fact, my hair feels and looks as if it needs a good wash within hours of using it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caveat baldy emptor, 23 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
According to the blurb on this listing, Alpecin "prevents hereditary hair loss". It doesn't - I notice - make this extravagant claim on the bottle.

Prevents hair loss, eh? Hmm. I doubt this. A lot. A shampoo that can actually do that would be a miracle - as it would be able to sink through the skin, right into the follicle - then geniusly alter the biological tissues therein. If it does do that, where's the science? Where are the reviewer videos of cured bald folks?

I've been balding slowly for years. And I've been using Alpecin for six months: it's a good shampoo. I like it - especially getting a bit of caffeine on the head of a morning before I start on the coffee.

But does Alpecin stop me going bald? ....

Does it f***!

Anyone reading this who's feeling down about going bald: don't be. Underneath every full head of hair is a funky baldass waiting to emerge, you're just ahead of the curve.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
This shampoo does not make your hair grow .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
My hair feels stronger and wakes me up

5.0 out of 5 stars my hair felt thicker and bouncy again and now I have been using it for a while my hair looks in good condition and shiny, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
My hair feels fuller and full of life again. After I used it for the first time I noticed a difference in my hair, my hair felt thicker and bouncy again and now I have been using it for a while my hair looks in good condition and shiny. You don't need a lot of shampoo to get a really good wash and I leave it on for 2 minutes and rinse off. I will continue to use this shampoo as I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my life saver, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
It really worked for me. I'm going through the menopause and with the hormone changes my hair started falling out. I could see right through to my scalp and nearly had a bald patch on the top. My partner researched different types of shampoo and bought Alpecin for me and it really did work. My hair is all back and really thick, I actually have curls now that I never had before although I think that's due to the hormones and not the shampoo :-).
I understand it may not work for everyone but for me it was a life saver. I have told several people about it and two of them are using it and fine they have good results also. When a woman starts to loose her hair she'll do any thing to get it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually regrew a fair bit of hair, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml (Personal Care)
As of writing this review I've been using the shampoo and the liquid everyday for six weeks or so. I have a receding hairline which I was always able to cover well because my hair is otherwise fairly thick. However, I was experiencing a shed during the summer and having to wear a helmet for work wasn't helping. I decided to shave my head since going into the shower and seeing all those hairs was fairly soul destroying.

A few days after shaving it I noticed a few blond (vellus) hairs on my hairline. After a few days of applying the shampoo and liquid many of these hairs had darkened, a few friends and relatives have even commented on it. It doesn't look full by any means but I've definitely noticing more hairs on my hairline every few days. There's more hair there than there has been in about two years I'd say.

So yeah. I'm over the moon that these product is helping me regrow hair when it explicitly details that it doesn't do that. I should probably temper all these by saying that I'm only 19 (20 in a few weeks) and that's obviously significant, though I don't pretend to know much of the technical or scientific stuff that goes into this.

As for the reduced hairloss, I'm still losing hair in the shower though I have noticed a significant decrease. That said, it's only been six weeks and it apparently can take up to 4 months to take full effect.

I'm by no means suggesting this will happen to everyone, a quick scan would show I'm in the minority. But if you're relatively young and receding I absolutely recommend it. Furthermore if anyone has any vellus hair on their head I suggest both the shampoo and the liquid, it made many of mine go terminal and this seems to have happened to a few others too.

Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo 250 ml