5.0 out of 5 stars great cooking pot
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by snailface

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough
With a little bit of care, using wooden or plastic utensils in order not to scratch the surfaces, this stewpot is great.
A serious drawback though is that the handles and lid get very hot and it needs caution when handling. You may burn your hands or raising the lid might cause boiling water to fall on your hands through the lid's ventilation system.
Published 19 months ago by Antony

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great cooking pot, 15 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
I've been meaning to buy a new cooking pot for making stews, curries etc and I'm so pleased I finally got round to it. This one is great. Its big, so very good for making loads and then freezing or if you have lots of people over (I easily made enough for 10 the other day). Its got a good ground bottom, so great contact for electric hobs and the non-stick is all over, so easy to clean and no burnt bits. I've not tried it in the oven yet, I think it said on the packaging it could go upto 150C so maybe ok for slow cooking but not a really hot oven. I think that would be my only gripe, but thats only because I used to use a cast iron pot to put in the oven, but it weighed a ton and easily burnt, so on the whole I'm very happy with my new tefal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
This Tefal cooking pot is excellent as it has a non stick interior. I mainly cook Indian cuisine which requires lot of frying and this is a perfect product as I dont have to worry about the onion and spices starting to stick onto the pan while cooking. I would definitely recommend this product and it is long lasting as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot. Good value, 9 Oct 2010
D. Pereira - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Very pleased with purchase, this is a great non stick stewpot which I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this stew pot to replace a very good but very old casserole dish. Originally I was going to replace like for like but realising that I only really used it for stove top cooking decided on a change - I am so glad I did!!!
I cannot find anything I dislike about this pot, only plusses which are: 5+ litre capacity (perfect for cooking large amounts of pasta!), glass lid to check on how things are doing without lifting it, flexibility due to vented/airtight lid, cool touch handles, superb non-stick properties (food doesn't burn and it is so easy to clean), and I could go on ... I have used it for slow cooking with superb results, as well as the usual soups, stews etc. One very satisfied customer!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic stewpot. I use this to cook anything and everything in especially when we're entaining. Love it so much I bought 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stewpot 24 inch, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Stew pot bought as a gift. Daughter delighted with size, appearance and qualities.
We chose it especially because it could be used in the oven as well. However,
when said daughter checked the details against the instructions it said not to use it in the oven!! Thankfully she is happy to keep & use it only on the hob.
P.S
Has anyone tried using it in the oven we wonder and with what results?
We have read the reviews so far and nobody has commented regarding this point.
We also note how useful all comments have been, so thanks to those customers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to cook with-the upper side of the lid a bit loose, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
This is a stewpot that makes a difference. It cooks evenly and nicely and its base is non stick and of great quality. However, it came with the upper side of the lid being a bit loose so I can not say I am 100% happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A robust, family sized cooking pot!!, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
This stewpot is the 2nd I have bought in 5 years. It's a fabulous, family-sized cooking pot and is great for making soups and stews on the hob and in the oven and I've even cooked small joints of meat in it. It washes well and has been used by all the family on a regular basis. As I have an induction hob where generally, pans for such hobs tend to be pricey, this stewpot is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Does what it needs to Nothing sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Product, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tefal Preference Stewpot with Lid, 24 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent quality product - very sturdy & robust stewpot. Definitely fit for purpose. Very good non stick coating and well designed handles.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›