4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job...
Published on 22 April 2011 by CharlieSak

3.0 out of 5 stars Better but not perfect
I find this a much better solution to the standard plastic non-inflatable front wheel but it's not particularly designed to be used with the shopping basket.

Published on 15 July 2012 by Cynog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job..., 22 April 2011
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
We bought the all terrain wheel after struggling on simple uneven surfaces with the standard plastic front wheel. The all terrain seems so far to be better at negotiating this sort of uneven surface so it does the job its designed to do. What I can't understand is why Quinny don't supply the pram with this wheel in the first place - what is the point of it having two all terrain rear tyres if the front one can't negotiate a simple bump in the pavement - the all terrain should be provided as standard - not a 40 extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars University Instructional Assistant, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
This item was purchased as an upgrade to the Quinny Buzz 3 stroller, replacing the front 'rubberized-foam' wheel.

The Buzz 3 is, hands down, the best stroller for our purpose; the stroller fit perfectly into the back of our Jetta Wagon that was easily secured to the side so that there was plenty of room for the family dog. One issue, however, came about while shopping. Generally, many stores have smooth, painted concrete or similar flooring and the issue was with the front wheel. As we'd navigate the shops, the front wheel would not have enough friction to keep the front wheel facing in the proper direction; the wheel would slip and not realign with the stroller direction making it difficult to manovre. This was compounded when it was covered in dust/dirt from the floors.

With the pneumatic wheel/tyre assembly, however, this is NO longer an issue! This was the perfect solution to our problem that also improved the traction and stability of the stroller while walking outside on gravel trails or side-roads. It has really changed the entire persona of the stroller and I must admit, it's probably the best purchase we could have made for this stroller.

If you buy/have the Buzz system and love it, you should definitely consider this upgrade a necessity. In fact, I feel that Quinny should make this item standard on all models. Ditch that rubber-foam front tyre and get these on there!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A modification worth making, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
Our Quinny buzz is over three years old now and is currently being used to ferry around our 7month old with a boogie board attached for a 3 year old to also hitch a ride. The front wheel was becoming a nightmare especially when on smooth services (supermarkets, paving slabs etc) and simply wouldnt turn easily. My wife was about ready to bin the whole thing and look at alternatives. However we decided to spend a little more money and get this as it seemed like a good option, based on the reviews it appears everyone else was having the same issue, so plunge we did. It arrived ready to roll (pardon the pun), i replaced it easily and off we went for a walk. Well what a difference, it really is night and day, it feels like we have a new stroller. Highly recommend this to all Quinny buzz owners, dont hesitate to make the upgrade, I never find myself blowing a gasket whilst in sainsbury's anymore, well not quinny related anyway. Note to quinny: given the cost of these things, suggest you review your design strategy and opt for a the robust wheel from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade., 18 Mar 2011
K. McLaren (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
I have had my quinny buzz for 3 years and bought this wheel to replace the one sold with the buggy as it was beginning to get stuck. It turned out to be more than a replacement. It's a huge improvement on the original design. Having a pneumatic wheel at the front makes th buzz even better off road and in town up and down kerbs. The locking mechanism on the wheel is excellent and can be deployed easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better but not perfect, 15 July 2012
Cynog (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)

The wheel rubs against the basket, especially when you have items contained within the basket. I am happy to live with this slight problem as overall the tyre is an improvement on the plastic wheel in other ways.

Also I don't think we should have to purchase this as an additional item. There really is very little point having two tyres and one plastic wheel as you can't get any advantage out of the tyres. I feel that to sell this as a separate item is just a way of getting more money out of you.

This isn't a reason not to buy the Quinny but I would budget to buy this item if you plan to take your little one around parks, on uneven surfaces, etc.

It's a much smoother ride for babies once all three tyres are in place.

I've even managed to jog with the buggy and have no concerns that my daughter is being bounced around on hard plastic wheels.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wheel rubs on shopping basket!, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
What a waste of money! We fitted the wheel and took it for a trial run over rough ground only to discover that the air tyre rubs on the shopping basket making a horrible rubbing noise. I'm in the process of writing a compliant letter to Dorel (maker of Quinny). Really poor design Quinny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
This is a must buy for anyone with quinny buzz push chair. I found the original wheels bumpy and noisy. These wheels are smooth and excellent on bumpy pavements. The only issue I have had so far is they catch on the shopping basket..but a small price to pay !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buggy wheels, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
These wheels revolutionised our buggy. I went from looking like a totally inept mother whenever I was confronted with a flat surface and needed to turn (shop floor, wooden floor, tiles..(you get the idea) to a happy mummy pushing her baby along. The frame still folds flat and I no longer skid around. Yes they are an expensive bolt on, but I would buy the again in a heartbeat. Why these don't come as standard is totally beyond me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to manoeuvre, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
We had to replace the original rubber front wheels as they were sticking. What a difference it made! The new wheels are easy to manoeuvre in the park, supermarket, everywhere! Would definetely recommend going for this type of wheel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have this!!!, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Quinny Buzz All Terrain Air Tyre (Baby Product)
The perfect Tyre for quinny! I have tried to go anywhere with this and I didn't have Amy problems. Nowhere cheaper than amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›