• Hands

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 May 2010
This is one of those rare totally superb albums, there are probably 2 tracks on here that are a bit rubbish, but the rest of it is superb.
on 29 April 2013
Not surprised she isn't doing much now.

I thought this would be good, but it's awful and the singing is dreary at best.
on 29 July 2009
This CD is great, along with Lady Gaga's 'FAME' i would say it is one of the top CD's of 2009.
Great electro beats, she has a great voice, great melodies. Very easy to listen to with catchy songs.
on 13 July 2009
Been waiting months and finally the Little Boots album is out. Favourite tune is Mathematics, but also lots of other great electro/disco/synthpop tunes on here! Bound to be a success!
on 19 April 2010
Have listened to this quite a lot.
I think Hearts Collide, New in Town, Stuck on Repeat and Meddle are excellent! They are played all the time on my media player to and from work!
I just wouldnt rate the rest of the album!
Sorry!
on 4 October 2009
The CD was good bought for my partner, but have listened to it since, think she is good.
Order was prompt as ever thank you amazon.
on 4 December 2014
Good
on 8 August 2014
GOOD
on 30 June 2009
I saw Little Boots performing Meddle solo and New In Town with the band on Later.. with Jools Holland. Since then I've been listening to Little Boots EP on spotify, eagerly awaiting her album.

Well now that's been added to Spotify and I've had a good listen and I have to say that it has failed to meet (my admittedly high) expectations.

The reason for this is that in many cases the tracks are too produced, too soft and too busy, which ultimately results in a lack of fidelity. Because of this I found the album distant and emotionally unengaging.

In all honestly I think I preferred the rawer sound of Little Boots solo with a piano, a tenorion and a stylophone.

Update: Hands has now grown on me, now that my initial disappointment has subsided. It's still not as good as La Roux - La Roux, Dragonette - Galore or Pet Shop Boys - Please/Actually, and the production still lets it down, but it is solid enough to warrant four stars.
on 11 June 2009
Little boots debut album has come with much hype and press. After listening to the album a few times it's a solid album but not a spectacular one. This is much better than the overated La Roux album but doesnt quite hit the lady gaga or Goldfrapp mark who seem to be her nearest peers.

A few tracks like Mathematics and Click and 1 or 2 others don't really hit the mark but tracks like Stuck on repeat,Meddle,Hearts collide,Earthquake and the brilliant Symmetry with phil oakey from The Human League make this album very cool indeed.

I expect Miss Hesketh will deliver a more rounded album for her 2nd effort but this is a respectable debut nonetheless.