5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof!
I would have LOVED to have this phone 10 years ago!

I got a SonyEriccson C905 about 9 months ago, but working in the Oil/Construction/Foundry industry, the fancy phone was getting murdered. So I went for a tough-type phone. I've never had problems with Samsung, so that was my choice.

It's like the Jason Bourne of phones. You can leave it on a brick...
Published on 20 Oct 2009 by Darren

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the screen
I bought this phone due to having an outdoors lifestyle and unfortunately my last phone met its demise after being dropped into a latte, so I thought a 'rugged' phone might be the way forwards!

I really like the look and feel of this phone, but for me it's sadly let down by its poor small screen and hard to read text, the screen seems to have reverted to the...
Published on 6 Nov 2010 by G. Bridgeman

‹ Previous | 125 26 2731 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Still working!!, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: Samsung B2100 Solid Extreme Sim Free Mobile Phone (Unlocked Phone)
Bought this phone for my husband who is useless with phones - and he seems to manage it ok - so must be easy to use. The phone nice and sturdy, got a LOUD ring, which he needs as he works outdoor with machinery, and its still in one piece and working!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what I want and well, 15 Jun 2010
J. Allen (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for the better signal strength and longer battery life. I also wanted something more rugged for out of doors use. This does what I want at a good price.
The battery easily lasts a week, even when seeking a signal in weak areas. I can get a signal in places where I could not with a number of earlier phones.
I stopped using the MP3 player on phones years ago and rarely use the camera. The camera on this is adequate for occasional or emergency use and there is enough memory if you use it.
The screen is not easily visible in bright sunlight. I could improve this by changing settings, but it is good enough. The phone is rugged and the seals seem good. I have not dropped it in water (yet) nor from a great height nor crushed it but it appears less damaged than other phones after I have had them for 6 months. This is a good phone which does what it claims to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars At times difficult hearing people, 11 Aug 2014
This phone is OK for what it is which is very basic. At times it is a bit difficult hearing people as they sound really far away or underwater for some reason but it still works four months after buying it with no major problems to date.

3.0 out of 5 stars A main feature for me is the predictive text and this phone was very poor for that, 22 July 2014
its not 'solid' at all and rather smaller than what I thought. A main feature for me is the predictive text
and this phone was very poor for that. Sent it back and the service was excellant-no problems

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 8 April 2010
T. A. Crompton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have now owned a Samsung B2100 for a week. Very dispointed.
I have owned a Nokia 'Builders Phone' for the last 8 years, it finally is on it last legs and needs replacing

I went for the Samsung B2100 on the basis it was the replacement for the Nokia.

I am after a simple phone, I make and recieve calls, I send and recieve texts, that is almost all.
I use the timed silence feature (Unavailable on Samsung), the thermometer (unavailable on Samsung) and from time to time the compass (also unavailable on Samsung)

I have zero interest in the camera feature, the conference call, the music, the radio, I think my old Nokia had them, never used any of them.

Two main critisims so far.

1 - Ring tones: I want a simple Classic Bell "Ring Ring" tone. However only 3 samsung tones available, all of which are melody types, so far I have missed almost every call.

2 - I want to upload/download all my address book to my 1 year old PC. I have been unable to confirm this is possible. The PC does not recognise the phone, so can only assume it can not be done.

I'm afraid I'm going back to my to my 8 year old Nokia

1.0 out of 5 stars Not tough and not easy to use, 17 May 2010
I wish i'd taken more notice of the lower star ratings when I recently bought this phone for work use. I found the software incredibly irritating (come back Nokia all is forgiven), the screen is tiny and texting is clumsy and counter-intuitive. I really wouldn't recommend this phone - it's like being in the early 1990's again. And it really isn't very tough. Not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone for calls and texts, 1 Aug 2014
this is a bit old now had it a few years, great phone for calls and texts. could do with a similar model with better screen camera, and internet.

3.0 out of 5 stars samsung b2100, 13 April 2010
looks ok , if you text in english it's hard work and the instruction booklet doesn't really help . ring tones are to quiet and no usb lead so updating new ones isn't all it could be . on the plus side the torch is good and , no that's it . maybe i'm being to harsh but judge for yourselves , could be i'm to set in my ways and want all the best bits from my old phones to be on one . if they are then this isn't it ,but it will do until i find the one that is

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't like phones, but need one - then this is it, 6 April 2010
Stuee (Isle of Nailsea) - See all my reviews
According to my company, in the last three years I have trashed: a O2 XDA Exec, an Orange M3100, a O2 Stellar, and, their last throw of the dice, a Nokia 1100. This is the perfect phone for me, survives anything, simple to use. I shoved an ASDA SIM in it and it turns out cheaper than my 10/month contract.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Jan 2010
Sooo many phones with pretty lights and gadgets but one drop on the floor and thats your lot. Finally there is a phone for actually living life, great for any out door activity. My partner has even taken it out on the sea kite surfing tho it was kept in his water tight compartment for safe keeping, but thats something you wouldnt want to risk on any other phone. This is an ideal gift for builders etc, or anyone who loves the outdoors.

‹ Previous | 125 26 2731 | Next ›