5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Arrived two days after being ordered.
Had phone call to advise of delivery.
Went together in 20 minutes, and my son and I pulled on the mattress, and made the bed up straight away.
For a small double bed, you can't go wrong with this. MAKE SURE IT IS ON A NON_SLIP FLOOR OR HAS PADS UNDER LEGS>
This company has excellent after sales service and...
Published on 27 July 2011 by alibongo

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last
Published on 15 Sept. 2012 by Dawn: Altrincham

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last, 15 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
I bought this bed for my then 17 year old son, two years ago. He is about 5'10 and lean build. The bed looks very nice. However the two middle supports are not sturdy enough. About two months after I bought it I noticed that they had started to splay out. The sprung slatted base is in two halves meeting along the central bar running along the length of the bed that the supports hold up. So they get a lot of stress.
Each strut is only held on to the middle bar by 1 screw. It is the screw that can't take the strain and bends causing the strut to splay out. It's a shame, this problem could be easily be solved by the manufacturer by making the middle supports sturdier and attaching them to the frame by at least two screws each.
Unfortunately without proper support the central bar gradually sank in the middle, then the slats started to fall out and the bed collapsed, at which point we had to replace the bed after only two years.
It is a really nice looking bed, if you are tempted to buy it, I would recommend to support the central bar with something else as well as the struts, or try to reinforce the struts. Or just buy it for a (light weight) child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
Arrived two days after being ordered.
Had phone call to advise of delivery.
This company has excellent after sales service and excellent communications!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy, 6 Jan. 2010
G. Carter "CUTTER" (CLEVELAND ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
bought this as quest bed,but when it arrived my daughter aquired it for herself well made and will last for years to come.If anyone needs a bed frame do not hesitate to buy this one

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking bed, 28 Oct. 2011
F. Breuilly (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
When this bed frame arrived, it didn't look possible to make a small double bed out of the lack of parcels in front of me, but once built, which was easy I finished up with a really nice bed. Personally, I would only use it for either a child's/ teenagers bed or a guest bed, but for the price it really is a nice looking bed. once bolted together properly it is quite rigid, but the only design fault that i can find, is that the three central support legs don't touch the floor by 2mm, this is due to two support bars that the legs attach too, and are of a thicker diameter, but once weight has been applied to the bed, i.e. person lying on it these legs touch down and do there job, this subject is a very small minus to what is a very nice bed for the money. I highly reccomend this bed frame for the above use.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good bed for the price, 1 Mar. 2013
D. Mcbride "icequeendebby" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
However I am a heavy person, so I wish I had spent a bit more money and bought something a bit sturdier. I would have appreciated some more information regarding how much weight it would comfortably hold, and will be looking out for this issue on future

3.0 out of 5 stars 4ft Tetras metal small double bed review, 6 May 2011
H. Burton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
They say you get what you pay for, and in the case of this bed, they're spot on.

The design is nice, the build quality's ok but this bed has been constructed using the thinnest/smallest possible sections, meaning it's rather weak and fragile.

It won't stand any abuse (e.g. sitting on the footboard, children bouncing etc.). Also I wouldn't recommend it for a particularly heavy person.

I must stress that it's perfectly fine as long as it's not mistreated, and I think the price/quality balance is good.

If you need a bed that's sturdy though, you'll need to spend a bit more money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality!, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
Well, it appeared a good buy at the time but after a short period of use it started to show that the quality was rather poor. The materials were too flimsy and could took not stand the use of a light weight teenager. Would warn against buying this unless it was for a guest. Even then I would not ask an adult to sleep in it. Very disappointing buy. I guess the old saying is true. 'You get what you pay for'

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't reccomend it!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
I bought this just under a year ago and it hasn't lasted!
We were very impressed with the delivery service as we received it within 24 hours of ordering. However when we returned from our holidays to build it we found we were missing a vital piece for the bed, the central support bar. Not only that we had received it in the colour orange, not beach like the description specified. When we contacted the seller about this we were told they had no beach ones left in stock, but that they would send out the missing piece! Once the bed was built we found that the legs running down the centre of the bed didn't actually touch the floor and within a few months the bed was sagging and the centre leg had collapsed. Now almost a year on from purchase despite a few repairs im finding myself in need of a new bed as i doubt its going to go much longer without collapsing (the central support bean has buckled slightly.) I'm only 16 and wouldn't exactly say i weigh alot so this shouldn't have happened. I don't recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tetras bed, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
Fantastic quality and good value for money .... Especially when on a tight budget. I purchased this item for use in a guest room I am very pleased with the overall service.

3.0 out of 5 stars tetras 4ft silver/beech double bed frame, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Tetras 4Ft Silver/ Beech Small Double Bed Frame
I chose this because it was just the size I wanted and it also looked easy to assemble,no bother there even for an elderly lady I understood the instructions.the allover beech wood could have been better varnished but apart from that Im quite happy with my purchase.