5.0 out of 5 stars top notch
Published on 12 Jan. 2012 by Correl

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you order the right switch, the JGS524 is a basic switch
The text description does not match this device, make sure you order the right variant of JGS534. This is a pure unmanaged switch, if you want port mirroring, VLAN, etc, you will want one of the other JGS524 models.
Published 15 months ago by Big Al

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: NETGEAR JGS524-200EUS ProSAFE 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (Accessory)
I bought this for home use as i was sick of the unreliable daisy chain of hubs i had about my home. A bunch of Cat 6E network cables and some swaring later all in and set up so that every device in my house has its own cable and omg it fantastic. I have not had to reset it once unlike the old daisy chain i had and the transfer speeds are amazing and now my media center doesn't go nutty with blocks every time someone starts downloading off the net. Best thing for my network i have bought yet. It gets a 10/10 from me. ( on my slow Media PC to the NAS I have its get's 35mb a second. Compared to the daisy chain of Gigabyte switches managing a pathetic 3.2mb) need I say more) thats on a bunch of files totalling 1.2gb.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic machine, 4 Jan. 2013
Robert McCaffrey "Dr Rob" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for our office of 14-20 people (it varies) after our old Netgear switch died (after 5 years of continuous use, the fan went). What I really love about this machine is that you just plug it in to the mains electricity, plug in all your printers, computers, internet connections and whatever, and it just works it all out.

It's a plug in and forget it kind of a machine, which is what it should be. Without it our office simply could not function: with it, all is calm. Great machine for a small or medium sized office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, 15 Dec. 2012
Gaurav Malik (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great device which you can either place in a rack or have it free standing. As it is not the full length of a normal rack it comes with adaptors. Another useful feature is that it has a C14 plug (i.e. kettle plug) which connects straight to the mains. While this may not sound useful, the last Netgear switch I had developed a problem with the AC\DC adaptor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works out of the box., 18 Dec. 2013
I've had the item for only three months now so can't comment on any lifetime issues. However the switch worked out of the box with good sets of indicator lights and providing Gb speeds down the cables I was looking for and 100Mb speeds autoswitched as expected. So overall so far good product and good price. I would order it again if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works....., 13 Mar. 2014
I Cat 5'd my house and this thing is stuck in a corner of the loft just getting on with it. Haven't touched it for 16 months now and it just carries on.....it re-starts after power cuts quicker than any other components on the home network etc etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Netgear product, 29 May 2011
Brian Farrell (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my old Fast ethernet Netgear switch and apart from the usual noisy fan I have this unit as the nexus for my home network and it copes admirably with the kids playing hd movies from the NAS and me transferring multi gigabyte files from machine to machine. It's well made and it just works although I would recommend you rackmount it in an enclosed location or something as noise can be distracting. The only truly annoying factor was it came with a european 2 pin plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reliable switch, 11 Sept. 2014
I bought this for my home network project, which has provided 24 Cat5e ports around the house from a cabinet in the airing cupboard. Each port on the patch panel is patched to a port on this switch. It worked straight out of the box, and has now been running non-stop for several months off the UPS. I'm not driving it especially hard, but it is in the airing cupboard, so warmer than most locations, yet the fan very rarely kicks in. There's nothing to configure, there is nothing to manage, there is nothing to get wrong. Unless you need something more complex, keep it simple and buy this switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ethernet Switch, 17 Feb. 2014
Easy to setup and monitor, does as it states in the description.
ideal for a new or small networked site.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good well spec'd unmanaged switch at a reasonable price, 21 Oct. 2013
Netgear do good switches - they are dependable and simple to just pugin and go... and they go on working faultlessly in our experience for a very long time, this one replaces an older spec'd desktop unit and as expected works well, come with fitting screws for a rack as well as desktop feet (if needed).

We love this item and would recommend for small office use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, easy, simple - but no VPN, 7 July 2015
Very quiet, nice piece of kit. Easy to install, No configuration necessary ...

However, the specification table doesn't make it obvious that this model doesn't support VPN.

I did manage to find this out, eventually - but the spec sheet could have made this clearer from the outset.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›