4.0 out of 5 stars Best kids game? Definately not left in the Ice Age
Published on 28 Sep 2009 by Mr. T. Brookes

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game but kids soon tired of it
I bought this for my sons 4 birthday as he LOVES Ice Age. However he has only played on this a couple of times as he got easily frustrated with the controls and didn't find it very engaging.
Published on 13 Sep 2012 by Deano

4.0 out of 5 stars Best kids game? Definately not left in the Ice Age, 28 Sep 2009
Mr. T. Brookes "Brookey" (West Mids) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
This is a fantastic kids game, if not the best on PS3 bar the LEGO series. Me and my son (aged 5) simply loved this game. The graphics are great in HD and the controls are relatively easy (they usually come up on screen). The pathed story mode is strong and the levels are varied - playing as several movie characters (clearing, running, jumping and fighting throughout). You can control Scrat, Diego, Sid and Manny. The multiplayer mini-games are fun but the challenges you unlock are hard but a nice bonus. Kids who love the film will also love this game undoubtedly. So, overall this is a fun and quality movie-tie in 'kids' game that does all it should and more. I definately recommend.

Trophies supported but no-online play.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great game for kids, 6 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
My son is 4 1/2 and he loves this game, as do I. What's amazing to me is how this game can transcend generations, and be as much fun for a kid as it is for an adult. Even my wife (who is anything but a gamer!) enjoys the multi-player mode. Its clever, its humorous and colourful, I wish there were more games like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
Mi kids love it and it's fun to play this game together. If you've got a PS3 I definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
My 9 year old granddaughter finished this game fairly quickly but enjoyed it and still plays it when my 4 year old grandson is on it. My Grandson loves it as he likes to watch bits of the film and he can play it on his own without too much trouble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for young children - short but sweet, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
I'd read some poor reviews (not on here) and this put me off buying this game for a while but I read the previous positive review on here and as we had played the previous Ice Age game and really enjoyed it I decided to give it a go so bought it for Christmas for my 7 year old.

You can play as Manny, Scrat, Diego and Sid and the levels are really enjoyable with 'checkpoints' frequently so that if you do get killed there is only a very small portion of the game that you have to repeat again which my son is particularly happy about.

The graphics are very clear and crisp and the dinosaurs looks great and are great fun to fight and you get the opportunity to ride on them sometimes which is good fun. There is usually a boss (big dinosaur) to defeat on each level too.

You collect what appear to be cherries through the levels which is currency to purchase items and there are a nice little variety of interesting weapons which are great fun to use.

Having to use the 'aim' control is a little tricky at times and some younger children may find this difficult at first but then it gives mum or dad the opportunity to indulge a little too!

The multi-player games are ok but the one's we have played so far are in my opinion a bit weak although my 7 year old seems to enjoy them.

My two main grumbles with this game are that it is a 1 player game and it would have been fun to play along with my son and that it is over with far too quickly.

My son finished the game in about 3 day's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still one of the best, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
We bought this in the Wii version years ago and I think it's still one of the best challenging games for kicks. Varying challenges to collect the crystals which you can play individually again once each challenge mastered. Got all the favourite characters in it too. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars ice age 3, 4 Dec 2013
Mrs. C. Walker "dancer" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
love this game if i can do it at 84 anyone can .keeps my mind active well recomended enjoy it like i do

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game but kids soon tired of it, 13 Sep 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Nov 2014
cany

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Funny, Funny, 6 Sep 2011
L. Gaskin (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) (Video Game)
Well what can't I say about this fab film, the first 2 where amazing and this one tops them all, had a really good laugh, I know it is a kids video but I bought it for myself and love it!

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3)
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PS3) by Activision (PlayStation 3)
Used & New from: £33.52