5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and terrific value for money!
Published on 4 May 2010 by Family Sanford

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it sounds
I purchased this as a present for someone in the UK. Living in Germany and having read the German reviews of the product - which conclude with a recommendation - and already being pleased with my own Navigon device, it was an obvious choice.

The positives are:
- The device is easy to use.
- You can download the most recent map updates for free.
-...
Published on 10 Jan. 2010 by Kevin Yeung

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it sounds, 10 Jan. 2010
Kevin Yeung - See all my reviews
This review is from: Navigon 3310Max 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (40 Countries) (Electronics)

The positives are:
- The device is easy to use.
- You can download the most recent map updates for free.
- The reality view is extremely helpful when getting to grips with a new city.

However, there are a number of negatives:
- TMC is not activated; you have to pay to activate it. Thus, if you want to receive traffic information, you have to pay extra.
- The device came with maps from Q1 2009, which took up slightly less than the 2GB internal memory. I tried to download the most recent maps, ie Q4 2009, but could not update all countries because they take up more than 2GB. Thus, the most recent updates require additional additional memory and thus expenditure.
- The UK maps are not as good as those for other European countries. For instance, mini-roundabouts are often totally ignored, a fact which is rather confusing when there is a normal roundabout close by.
- The reality-view exists only for selected junctions, which is irritating once you come to rely on it.
- Do not waste your time sending an e-mail to customer services. They do not reply.

In summary, I am sure that there must be a better product in this price range for users in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and terrific value for money!, 4 May 2010
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, when the EU came to a grinding halt due to the Icelandic ash and I needed to drive to Stuttgart in a rush! With only twenty minutes to research a replacement GPS, with EU maps pre-loaded (and as a previous owner of TomTom and Garmin), I had never heard of the make, but being German, I figured it would be OK and would do the job? I was wrong, as it wasn't just OK, it was superb!!

Out of the box, it was simple to set-up and the screen mount is better than anything I have used previously. The true test was arriving in Calais, inputting an address hundreds of miles and three countries away and seconds later, the unit offered me three different graphical routes, providing details, (mileage, timings), for them separately. I opted to drive through France, Belgium, Luxembourg and into Germany, somewhat nervous of what lay ahead, as the territory was foreign to me, (no pun intended), but it turned out that I had nothing to worry about, as the unit was terrific!

Other than finding the pronunciation of some of the towns/cities amusing at times, the lane-assist feature was a lifesaver, as it schematically shows you precisely where you need to be at any given time, whilst the POI feature also worked for me on every occasion. In fact, having input an unknown address in Calais, the unit didn't fault on one occasion and delivered me to the very address I needed without so much as one error..........and isn't that exactly what it's supposed to do?

The whole of Europe is included, (East and West) and other than the piano-black finish to the facia surround, which attracts far too many fingerprints for my liking, the unit is simply the best that I have owned and I am delighted with the purchase, especially as whilst attempting to penetrate the UK market, the price represents outstanding value for money!!

Screen resolution, functionality, the menuing system, widescreen format, battery life, audible instructions, size and weight, are all first class, so personally, I can't recommend this highly enough and it puts my last TomTom very firmly in the shade.

My suggestion is that you buy one, charge it, get lost anywhere in Europe and let this little beauty get you right out of trouble!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 1 April 2010
I just bought the Navigon 3310 after extensive search on the internet for the best value for money. At 129 EUR it was a steal.
This is my first GPS btw.

Installing it in the car was a breeze, finding satellite is very fast and the product works straight from the box.
I tested the unit when driving home from the shop (13 km).

The voice is good, it warns you well in advance if you need to turn, the route calculation was fast.
If you put the voice volume too high it isn't too clear though but as I dont drive a heavy car it's not really needed.
All speed limits were correct and change exactly when I passed the sign. Of course I only drove on main roads now, but I can imagine in more rural areas it can be a bit off.

The negative points so far are that the screen is difficult to see when there is sun from the side. Also the cable for the power should be on the side of the GPS.

So far, I'm very happy with it and if you are looking for a cheap gps but don't want a TomTom get this one imo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Investment, 5 Nov. 2009
pros
=======
- bright display
- different routes to choose
- fast calculation of new routes in case of not following the suggested one
- cheap
- radar warning assistant
- easy to operate
- mini usb-port for charging

cons
=======
- a widescreen display without qwerty-layout for text input is ridiculous
- many onscreen buttons are much to small to touch easily
- volume / loudness level could be higher

I replaced my old navigation system with the Navigon (without the need to cause the old one was working fine but i weren't able to resist the offer) and up to now i am glad i did it. The Navigon is worth one's salt!

3.0 out of 5 stars Navigon 3310 Max Widescreen., 6 Nov. 2011
The product was very good. Unfortunately with frequent use the cable connection to the unit broke. Sadly to replace it would mean having a new mother board. The only thing that I could do with it was throw it away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Navigon proves excellent yet again, 16 July 2011
Second purchase of Navigon - and even more impressed. The online/sync functionality also very good. When it comes to satellite navigation systems leave it to these Germans.

1.0 out of 5 stars Duff Device, 13 Aug. 2012
We carried out extensive online research of this product. Like all sat-navs the reviews portray a very mixed bag of experiences. On balance we decided on this German product...my, my, what a lemon. From a standing start it froze up around every 5-kilometers. It was not even on the correct road when it decided to unfreeze and it then decided that we were in the Vatican and could not be altered. These major faults were repeated ever time we tried a start up and ran with it in the car. An additional problem appears to be related to the battery. Not only would it not hold a charge for any sensible length of time but the device grew very hot. When we entered a post code the first two letters and digits were accepted then it froze up again.

Direct contact with the company led to them suggesting a download of new software. We decided to take this option. To effect a download one had to set up an 'account'. The process was, as usual, give an e-mail address and a password. Navigon would not accept either my e-address or that of my wife. Strange...they work fine for Amazon.

Praise for Amazon. We notified them of the problem with the device and their response was an immediate set of return forms.