on 17 July 2012
This game is soooo addictive! it may not be as fancy as some of the other titles in the series but will keep you occupied for hours at end. the game is designed for windows XP but depending on your computer the game should work. I have a Dell, and the game crashes occasionally, but my cousin has a Lenovo computer with windows 7, and the game works great. I really recommend this. Fun for all ages.
on 11 November 2013
I have had this game since it was developed and feared that I would not be able to get it to run on Windows 8. My existing discs would not work. However, I found reviews on Amazon which indicated this particular pack would work, so I sent for it. There were only a couple left, so I was very lucky.

It works well, so I can continue to enjoy it.

I also have its sister programmes - Rome, Greece and China - and they all work on Windows 8 too, but not as easily.
on 16 May 2013
I lost this game when I moved from XP. Now its compatible with the latest version of windows. Either a strategy game or a true free build where you can edit the map. Wonderful.
on 31 January 2015
Sadly this game does not run satisfactorily on my Windows 8.1 installation. Like everyone else I used to like Pharaoh at the time of it's original release and fancied a bit of nostalgia but the old software and latest (at the time of writing) version of Windows don't get on very well.

The 1024x768 maximum resolution doesn't look so good on a 1080 widescreen monitor. The game will not run properly in a window on my computer, just full screen. That I can put up with but the frequent freezing and crashing with the sound effects repeating like a scratched CD makes it unplayable, more so when the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) has trouble pulling the computer out of the crash too.

It's a shame but the software does not claim to be compatible with Windows 8, it was just a shot in the dark to see if it is.
on 26 July 2012
Dont buy any Sierra Products that were made to run on win98 millenium and XP.

They will NOT work on the majority of Windows 7 computers, Your just hitting your head 15 times a day, when it crashes, and theres no getting out of the stuck sound, other than restarting computer. Using XP2 compatabilty mode on 64bit OP systens has no effect , and you will still get" Incompatable program" Error triangle Once you tried it. Sad, but shame Sierra is longer around to update their titles to win 7.

had to sell off my second pack from Amazon at a boot sale. Why Microsoft don't make some other software that changes win7 to a virtual XP operating system temporary so you are able to continue playing the older games I really dont Know. Seems pointless selling these anymore. As XP computors are now obsolete, because there ancient AGP grpahic cards, can not handle on line gaming, and most stand alone games produced in the last 3 years.
on 18 October 2013
Do pleased that this is still bopping around; I remember playing this game as a teen, a must have classic to add to your collection!
on 31 January 2015
Great old school builder game. Worked perfect on my windows 7 laptop.
on 14 June 2012
Whilst this game is not exactly new, if you are looking for a city builder then this fits the bill. Easy and entertaining. recommended.
on 26 October 2014