5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Knife Ever
I'm a long time fan of Fiskars scissors and craft cutters for their accuracy and ease of use. I'm a textile artist, getting old and now disabled so that my hands are no longer as controllable, so that I'm likely to cut myself instead of what I'm working on. I am now having difficulty with sewing, so have returned to paper crafts, with a need to cut stencils.
I was...
Published 6 months ago by Judy Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly
Maybe user error but I'm used to working with craft knives, I found this hard to manipulate as I wanted
It might be small but I found the swivel on this particular knife a hindrance, the fixed blade is far better in my opinion
Published 7 months ago by Nancy McCormack

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Knife Ever, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
I was researching stencil knives, and when the Fiskars Swivel craft knife appeared on my screen, I could immediately see its advantages. It arrived promptly, and my only complaint was that there were few instructions, just diagrams.However, once I got the hang of how to put my index finger through it, I was away!! It is so controllable and easy to use, with no risk of cutting myself. IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST KNIFE I EVER HAD, and I have a lot of knives and scalpels. It is literally an extension of the hand, and the swivel blade, plus moving the paper rather then the knife on curves, means those fiddly little parts of the design cut easily. Needless to say, I have bought it's partner, with a fixed blade. Both knives have covers for the blade, but the fixed one also has a tiny inner cover to protect the user from a very sharp blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars craft room, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
this item was a craft room addition which i have found very helpfull. very sharp so would recomend it only for adults

4.0 out of 5 stars cardmaking, 30 Dec 2009
L. Dunn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
useful to cut around curves on most paper and card weights. not tried on foam or chipboard as yet.easy to store and comes with safety cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiakars swivel knife, 4 Jan 2010
G. Saabor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
Bought this knife to use with card making. Takes a little getting used but quite useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cutting paper, not that great when cutting card, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
I purchased this Swivel Craft Knife as I wanted to create paper-cut greetings cards. I had a normal, non-swivelling craft knife, but found it difficult to cut curves with it. I hoped that this Swivel Craft Knife would enable me to cut curves more easily. I like the Fiskars brand, and all my other craft and sewing scissors and knives are from them, so I decided to add to my collection.

The knife is ergonomically designed so that your forefinger fits through the c-shaped handle, and then you can hold the metal shaft as you would a pen or pencil. It's very comfortable to use. If you try writing letters or drawing circles, the blade does swivel around without you having to lift it up off the paper. A safety cap for the blade is included.

The problem I have with this knife is that while it is fine for cutting paper (e.g. your average A4 printer or coloured paper), if you want to cut through thicker crafting paper or thin card, the blade doesn't swivel as well, and you don't get such a good result on curved areas.

It was reasonably priced when I bought it, and I will get some use out of it so I'm not worried about it being a waste of money, however, perhaps a traditional scalpel-style knife would be better for creating paper-cut designs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly, 27 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
This was deliverered promptly and does just what it says its supposed to, a good buy at a good price thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
I found the knife hard t use- the small blade swivelled around as I used it - there were no spares with the knife which I feel there should have been.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for intricate paper cutting, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
I love this little swivel knife, great for more advanced paper cutting and for very fine work!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (Toy)
Brilliant. Takes the pressure off my knuckle.

Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife