Normally you get a printer that you think was a bargain at the time, only to discover that the replacement inks can cost as much as, or even more than, the original cost of the printer. I used to have a Xerox colour laser, which the 4 replacement toners actually cost more than the new printer. A waste of money so went to inkjet. The original inks were much cheaper than the toners, but having a daughter that continually prints colour pictures that she creates, means that even these can become costly replacing them every month or so. I have been using compatible inks now for some time and found the quality to be comparable to the originals, and saving money as well.

These inks are amazing. For the same cost as 1 original ink, you can have a full set. The chip is already in the cartridge so remove the old, replace with the new and thats it. The printer recognises a new ink and resets the ink display to full. Amazing and brilliant.

Would recommend anyone to give these a try, you will not be disappointed.
on 13 February 2010
I have tried other suppliers of ink for my canon ip5300 but none compared with first call inks they came next day, worked first time and the print quality first class. I will certainly use them in future.
on 6 March 2010
While checking my fav,online store "Amazon" for Canon printer ink. I came across First call Inks who were selling a canon multipack x2 ink with the latest chipset at what I considered a low price.

Now the product:- I had no trouble installing the inks into my printer a Canon IP4300.
The cartridges are of a good quality construction and fitted well into the printer ink carriage
no problems.

After aligning the cartriges I printed some documents, they were smudge free,even and clear to read.

I then printed a couple of 6x4 photo`s and an A4 photo all were very clear with good colour saturation and no smudging, all in all very satisfactory

I can highly reccommend First Call Inks and their products The staff lady I spoke to was very polite and friendly and nothing seemed to much trouble for their customers
on 3 March 2010
This product is so much cheaper than the Canon Ink that I was firstly concerned about its print quality and secondly that the printer would not recognise the chip.

I'm happy to say that I put this ink into my MP610 and it recognised the ink cartridges with no problem. I've done quite a lot of printing since then and there has been no difference in the print quality! I'd be happy to recommend this ink to anyone!
on 16 August 2009
This was excellent service with the cartridges arriving within 3 days.I was a bit concerned in case quality of ink not good but it is fine....no difference to real deal.
on 17 July 2010
I recently purchased this ink pack for use with my Canon IP4200. As I have always used Canon inks before I was a bit dubious about using compatible inks but was persuaded by the big saving in price to give it a try. And I'm glad I did because the print quality is good & my printer does not reject these cartridges because of a non-canon chip. I shall carry on using these in the future & can recommend them to other users.
on 27 January 2011
I have installed these in turn over the past few months and now feel that with more experience I am in a better position to judge the product. Items delivered safely, promptly and at an excellent price. No messing around with chips and all the cartridges fit easily. However I have a lot of problems with ink lines on the page, strange colour casts, problems with chips informing the printer of empty cartridges (when they are still half full) and am currently cleaning the heads every time I use my printer to print on glossy photo-paper (weekly). I have never been very impressed with the colour quality of prints from my four-year old Canon MP600 printer, however I am going to purchase some genuine Canon inks from Amazon to see if these problems vanish.

In summary - excellent value for money, but not for discerning photographers.
on 13 March 2010
Product arrived quickly and in excellent condition. No fiddling about when loading ink containers - same process as with the "Canon" own product.
Printer recognised the container and all was well.
The only small drawback I encountered was the sharpness of black bold lettering (14pt). There was a very slight feathering compared to the "Canon" own product. As I was printing an academic publication, and as it was already half printed with an old "Canon" product, it was easy to compare like with like and there was this slight difference. However, this may have been linked to the paper I was using (4CC 100gm2) which has a very smooth surface.
But apart from that the product is first class, works well and what a saving!
on 7 April 2010
My job is all about words and pictures, and apart from my dictionary getting a right good thumping on a daily basis, another tool of my trade is my printer.

And it is a thirsty printer, not because it's an uneconomical product, but because of the sheer volume of printed material it has to handle.

When my very economical Canon Pixma MP810 informs me another ink is about to go dry, so too does my mouth because it means the additional expense of replacement cartridges.

I did get good deals on Amazon Prime for bespoke Canon inks, but even so it was pricey.

So it was with trepidation that I decided to try another supplier and decided to buy from First Call Inks after reading reviews, and obviously being tempted by the very attractive and competitive pricing.

The inks arrived very quickly and I was immediately delighted by the professional packaging. Half expecting a shiny veneer for a shoddy internal product I was so wrong.

The inks produce deep saturation and true colour. The ink is fast drying and bonded very well with a variety of photographic papers and more ordinary plain paper.

I could use lots of cliches about it being a recession-beating product and kind to your purse, but all I will say is I am delighted and I will continue to use.

Thank you.
on 7 September 2010
Like a number of other contributors, I was sceptical at first about ordering and then using a set of compatible inks from First Call Inks. How could anything priced as competitively as this perform as one would expect the alternative Canon inks (at several times the price)to do? After 3 weeks useage of these inks, my first but clear impression is that in terms of colour quality, clarity and apparent fastness of print, I cannot tell the difference between these and the "official" inks. In fact I have ordered a further 2 full sets and will happily continue to do so as and when required. Again on first impressions, these inks seem likely to last every bit as long as the Canon inks which I previously used - and which cost at least 3 (and more) times as much.