on 18 July 2009
I grew up with Lotus Smartsuite, as of Windows ¨95
Using Approach created my own custom Database,
Converted an Office One to Appraoch,usefull for mailing Lists,sorted by Nationality ( 600 pax ),
Do not care for Excel, 123 does more than I want and is easier to to use. Word Pro is Fantastic, along with Organiser.
Maybe I am Biased, I Like Lotus, Simplicity, User Friendly,
What more can one Ask For
on 11 July 2010
Came on time, nicely packed. Works OK in "Compatibility" mode on Windows 7. What more could you ask of a product?
on 19 January 2011
I have given this 5 stars as I have been a fan of Lotus, in particular Lotus Organiser for years and could never understand why most people prefered Outlook. The way the organiser is set out just like an actual filofax type organiser is great as you have everything you need from a diary to a full year planner all laid out in an instantly recognisable manner. It's so easy to just "flick" through the pages and the contacts section holds so much information and can be adapted and personalised to suit what you need. After searching fruitlessly for one that was compatable with windows vista I was so releived to have found this one, and, as is often the case, some of the best software is often amongst the cheapest and this is no exception.
on 6 October 2009
Not much different from the version that I was running on my Win98 and later Vista but this version is more reliable on Vista. As always, a brilliant programme. Love the tables in Wordpro as the formulae automatically recalculate when you add new figures.
on 30 December 2012
I love Lotus - particularly Approach (database) and Wordpro (word processing). Sorting the database you only need to choose one field and it will take the whole record with it and importing pictures into the word processing program you can 'size and place manually' which is a very useful feature. I have bought the latest Lotus as I am endeavouring to upgrade to Windows 8. So far it will work, with a few quirks, which I hope to sort out with information from the web with others who are like me, loathe to give it up!
on 7 July 2010
Lotus Smartsuite is a collection of programs for word processing and accounting.
Although advertised for Windows XP and Vista it works well on Windows 7.
on 19 January 2013
I have used Word Pro for many years but my old version, Word Pro '97 would not load onto Windows Seven. I bought Lotus SmartSuite 9.8.2. for windows XP and have successfully loaded Word Pro onto Windows Seven. The disc did not open when first inserted so, to load, open the disc in 'My Computer' and click 'Install Wizard' on disc. Just follow instructions and select only what you need from the SmartSuite to save space.
on 5 February 2013
I love Lotus software and have used it since my fist desk top with Win 3.5. My current Win XP oomputer will need updating soon but Lotus don't do a Win 7 version. After reading many forums, all discussing the Lotus/Win 7 issue where every bizarre and complicated answer was given to get Lotus working.... I bought this and put it on my Win 7 laptop.... it loaded fine and has worked well, the only problem is that it will change the basic colour rate to a lower setting. But that automatically changes back when u exit Lotus. So it's not a problem. So if u read that Lotus doesn't work with Win 7, I'm here to say it does.
on 10 May 2012
Lotus SmartSuite Millennium Edition ( v. 9.8 ) - complete package - 1 user - CD - Win - English International

This is the 9.8.2 version, does work on Vista but with some error messages. Would not load using auto run but installed ok by going into directory from windows explorer and selecting install.exe. Macro error messages when using Help.There are work arounds on the IBM web link but should be updated to Vista / Windows 7 and give ms Office some competition.
on 25 November 2011
SmartSuite is not a game a very serious and superior alternative to Microsoft and Open Office. I used the original Lotus Symphony and I have stayed with Lotus ever since. I base my business on Approach databases. I can write Lotus 123 Spread Sheets in a third of the time that Excel needs (I use the Classic keystroke menu). Organizer is very intuitive as a diary. WordPro is superior to Word/Open Office for shorter documents but Word can handle book length documents (over 20 pages) slightly better. Powerpoint beats Freelance for graphics so not everything is perfect just mostly.