4.0 out of 5 stars Ear ear!
These earphones have been called a gaming headset, but they can be used for listening to music and video on a computer, laptop or MP3 player, so are more versatile than the packaging would suggest.

Published on 17 Dec 2010 by Smallvillenews

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive & fiddly
Published on 16 Dec 2010 by Mr. M. A. Quinn

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear ear!, 17 Dec 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The sound quality is very good and they really do block outside sound disturbances quite well... I initially thought that was a bit of an impossible claim, but they really do and I have never had that in cheaper headsets, so I was most impressed.

The headset will extend to 3 metres, as it includes a 2 metre extension cable! I don't really know why anyone would need them to stretch that far, but they will if you need them to!

I also liked the different size ear covers, as I always find I either buy ones that are to big and they hurt my ears, or too small and they keep falling out, but with three choices you are bound to find a perfect fit. I find the medium ones fit me best and they are very comfortable.

They also come with a handy little carry pouch.

I haven't had need to use the microphone, so I can't really comment on its quality, but I do believe it would work well, as the headset hasn't failed to impress me in other areas.

However, for this kind of quality you really are paying through the nose... I really like them and think they are excellent, but I still don't think the price is justified, they are, after all still only glorified earphones and it is a hefty price tag to pay, but if you have that kind of money to waste then go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for counter strike, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 300 G4ME In-Ear Headset (Electronics)
Tried in all versions of counter strike they work brilliantly for hearing and locating footsteps. As well as other sounds, nade bouncing, gunfire etc...

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty extension, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 300 G4ME In-Ear Headset (Electronics)
You're gambling if you buy these: I've just tried two of them and both have faulty extension cables. I get poor sound quailty, no sound in one ear, and no mic recognition at all through the extension, although if I plug the headset in directly it works fine.

I sit with my head about 2' away from the audio jacks on my computer, which is probably closer than most people, especially if you don't have your computer on your desk. Even then, the headset's cable is too short for me to use it comfortably, because there isn't enough slack for it to rest anywhere but right over my keyboard. So if I'm typing or playing a game, I have this cable resting on top of the keys getting in my way.

Without the extension, this is an okay headset. The sound is very clear, and the in-ear buds block outside sound pretty significantly, which can be good or bad. I liked that sirens outside were muted, but found it very distracting being unable to hear myself whenever I spoke. If you need to be able to hear anyone in the room speaking to you while wearing your headset, this one would not be a good choice. (If you'd like to be able to ignore people in the room, go for an in-ear headset...although maybe not this one considering the extension cable issue.)

One big downside of the in-ear design is that the sound of anything contacting the cable, even very gently, gets conducted directly to your ears. If you shift in your seat or lean back (with the short cable, you won't be leaning back very far) or do anything that causes the cable to move, you'll hear it loud and clear. This was fairly distracting.

People on Skype/Mumble/Ventrilo tell me that the mic is especially good. Apparently there is no problem with it picking up ambient noise, even though it hangs below my chin rather than sitting directly in front of my mouth. I found that positioning much nicer than having the mic at the end of an arm which goes across my face.

If you can be assured that the extension cable works, or that you don't need it (maybe if you play on a laptop), and you can live with the side effects of the in-ear design, then this headset could work for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not greatly impressed !, 28 April 2011
fivestarfrankie (chippenham, wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For an rrp heading towards a hundred quid you might expect something very special. You would be dissappointed. Performance is only average, comfort is not great and even the carrying pouch is a poor design. Save yourselves some money and consider Logitech Clear Chat Stereo Headset for about a tenner. IMHO Logitech products are always five star at a remarkably low cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Gaming Headphones, 17 Mar 2011
Mr. B. Ambrose (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones do the job. Expensive yes, but sometimes if you want a product for a particular job, then these are the ones to call upon.

Clear sound when playing games, and I like the fact when talking other noise going on around doesn't get in the way of your voice.

also other white noise (background noise) is less when using these which I personally found when using them.

The cables are of all good length, and they fit comfortably in the ear.

So all in all very good, and well used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you game a lot, especially FPS games!, 25 Jan 2011
LapsedPacifist "LP" (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found these headphones to be perfect for playing games online on my PC; the in-ear buds did a brilliant job of cancelling outside noise and have a good range and the microphone was a comfortable distance away from your face, as opposed to on an arm-attachment across your face.

The cable is 1m long, and comes with two 3.5mm plugs, one green (audio in) and one pink (microphone out). There is also an in-line sliding volume control, which I found useful for adjusting the volume during gameplay, for example, when I was listening out for the doorbell.

The sound quality for the headphones is superb; the top end of range is a little bit lacking, but can easily be adjusted using the graphic equaliser on the soundcard settings. The bass sounds and mid-range are excellent, and you'll definately jump out of your seat when the action hots up, for example, explosions.

As for the microphone, it picks up your voice well without too much interference from outside sources.

These work well as stand-alone headphones too, but if that is all you're using them for, there are better (dedicated) headphones for the same price.

Bearing in mind you won't need any batteries for this (as they're wired), and you get a built in microphone, these are a perfect set for gaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headphones, 19 Jan 2011
Shaya (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are an excellent set of headphones or rather in ear headset. They have a microphone so can be used for gaming or with your PC and MP3 player.
I have to say I was impressed with the sound quality, wondered why they were so expensive but they are well worth it (and I'm someone that thinks a 10 set are a bit costly as they are all the same) Have since changed my opinion! they are just crystal clear and the music is amazing to listen to now.
To give them a proper test I handed them over to my son to try out. He has reported them great for gaming. The sound quality he thought like me was amazing but his MP3 ipod has only 1 jack so found the microphone jack rather annoying. On the PC no complaints and the microphone was clear too.
They come with 3 sets of ear buds in various sizes so they don't fall out of your ears like some of them do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive & fiddly, 16 Dec 2010
Mr. M. A. Quinn (MANCHESTER) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is no doubt that in ear buds are brilliant but when paired up with this microphone and used for gaming they are just awkward. The wire kinks round into your face and the cable feels far too thin and weak to survive a snag or tug here and there. What's more the cable transmits any knock or bang direct to your ear as an annoying thud. As the in ear buds cancel out almost all external noise you will find yourself shouting a lot! The opposite of what you are trying to achieve, keeping it down! All this may be acceptable but not for this price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser In-Ear Headphones: Quality, 3 Dec 2010
OMG! It's got a plug! - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although marketed as a gaming headset, these earphones can be used for listening to music and VoIP on a PC. They can also be used with an mp3 player.

Admittedly, Sennheiser headphones are expensive but if you want precision engineered quality then the outlay is justified. The sound quality is rich and clear and the bass is handled particularly well. The contents of the box are:

- Headphones lead with microphone, volume control and 2 x 3.5mm jack plugs.
- Carrying pouch.
- Small, medium and large ear sleeves.
- 2 metre extension cable.

The inclusion of different sized ear sleeves is an excellent innovation. The medium sized ear sleeves fit really comfortably in my ears, all outside noise is blocked out and there is no need to keep re-adjusting them. I usually have problems with in-ear headphones but these they just stay in place for extended periods and you really do not notice that you have them in. The carrying pouch is made of rubber and has a magnetic closing device. The 2 metre extension lead is another cool innovation and extends the reach to 3 metres. When using with a portable device, the microphone jack plug can be clipped onto the main lead preventing it from dangling around uselessly.

In summary, these headphones represent excellent value and I can now finally wear earphones in comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sound and usability, 20 Nov 2010
James Burnwood "JB" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not one to normally spend a lot of money on earphones or gaming headsets but these are very impressive. Good solid sound quality, with mic and volume control. With good build quality. Naturally these can be used with MP3 players as well. There's an extension cable should you need it and a handy rubberised carry pouch with magnetic clasp to hold it shut. I would recommend this product as a good buy.

Sennheiser PC 300 G4ME In-Ear Headset