on 6 October 2014
Everyone needs this in their lives! Throw away your Gillette or Wilkinson Sword. Buy a Merkur Double Edged Safety Razor 34C and a pack of 100 Derby blades, as this will last you a minimum of a year and that's if you shave everyday! The Razor itself will last you a lifetime and each blade is good for a week or 2 worth of shaving.

Then purchase this set! The cream smells great and the brush is so soft and helps to lift the hairs off your face. The cream will last a very long time, just make sure you lather it up a lot on your face. My whole family have now switched to this product, along with the blades and Razor mentioned above. Trust me you will never look back and you will save hundreds of pounds a year using these products. They get a closer shave, your skin is less irritated and you bank account will be a lot healthier!
on 27 January 2014
Bought this for my mother in law, and have noticed quite a bit of improvement in the facial hair department.

Would recommend it.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2016
I bought this set for my father, as I have had a good experience with the cream included.

I've used the cream included in this set for around six months and it is far superior than any gunk from a can. As shaving creams go, it's also probably my favourite as it gives excellent protection and lubrication, while softening the bristles.

The brush also appears to be the same as a brush I bought from another company, just branded with the Taylor's name. It is a pure badger brush, which is higher quality than synthetic or bristle; there are several grades of badger brush higher, however.

The combo is excellent, giving a full rich lather that costs the bristles on all sides. This is something not possible to achieve by lathering by hand or with a canned gel or cream.

The smell of the cream is one that is traditional and masculine, yet dries to a subtle and pleasant aroma. Whilst you can get softer brushes, this set will provide you,or someone you're gifting it to, an excellent shaving prep.

My father likes the set, preferring using it to his previous shaving routine. Be sure to buy a shaving stand for your brush to keep it mildew free!
on 4 May 2013
This was a present for my husband he says Brush is lovely to use and the sandlewood smell of the shaving soap is devine
on 7 March 2013
I bought this for my dad as a birthday present and he loves it! The brush is good quality and the shaving cream has a lovely scent. I wanted to get him something of good quality and this certainly fits the bill. At this price I think you would be hard pushed to find anything better.
on 18 January 2016
The brush is of exceptional quality and extremely soft and gentle and lathers up well. The cream however I wasn't impressed with. I wasn't getting any sandalwood and it just smells of regular soap like imperial leather. Whether its because I have senaitive skin or maybe been used to gels but I found it stung my face on the second pass and left my face feeling tight. It lathers up well but only with a mug or shaving bowl. It doesn't lather on your hands or directly on your face. To be honest I found little difference between this and regular bar of soap. It doesn't feel as soft, smooth or thick as Gillette Fusion Gel so I ended up giving tje brush to my dad who loves it but he didn't like the cream either so it's now lying around as I contemplate whether to bin it or keep it as an emergency case I run out of shaving gel.
on 18 September 2015
Excellent.
Top quality brush and shaving cream set.
The brush is really of the finest quality, lathering in few strokes and feeling very comfortable and smooth prior to shaving. No annoying hairs dropping out like other brushes.
The cream has an excellent subtle fragrance (not sure how long it lasts..), and really only needs a dab to generate enough lather for a full shave. I expect it to last a long, long time.

Bought as a present for my father. Ended up 'borrowing' it back as it was that good.
on 24 August 2014
Shaving cream is very good. Great lather and lasting aroma. Brush is the reason only giving four stars. A little on the soft side and does not promote a great lather when used with an other major brand of shaving cream sold by this company.
on 16 November 2011
My fiance suffers terribly with his thick facial hair and he swears by this product and says it is better than any gel, foam or oil.
on 11 November 2013
My husband loved this. The soap just smells amazing and the brush is so soft. Would happily recommend this product.