5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyre for the price
Published 16 months ago by bol5t3n

1.0 out of 5 stars Puncture resistant?
Used this for about a month. They slice very easily and I can now see my inner tube! I got about 4-5 punctures and thought that's it! I replaced with a continental!
Published 19 months ago by Hope Falcon

1.0 out of 5 stars Puncture resistant?, 13 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyre for the price, 1 May 2013
I have used these tyres for 18 months now and found them more than adequate . With the Great British roads the state that they are I find it imperative to have a modicum of puncture protection built in , and it performs very well. Paperthin lightweight tyres are all well and good but unsuitable for the roads here, I believe these represent the best value for money - The sliver of time you may lose in weight is more than compensated by the time saved at the roadside with a puncture. The compound is decent and quite sticky even after time , a brush with soapy water brings them back nice. I usually buy three and swap front to back and off, three cost less than one slightly lighter bling tyre option, unless the road you ride is perfect you can do a lot worse than to try a set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected at this price, 19 Dec 2012
Delivered 3 days before estimated delivery date, very prompt during the lead up to Christmas (as advised when discussing with Seller, great service!)

Tyres do have the very small patterned grip as shown on most digital images. Not totally slick so ideal for a little more grip in the winter. Puncture protection thickness feels adequate and certainly thicker than the Ultremo, but obviously not comparable to the Marathon hence being very light and well worth buying as a backup at this price. They look great on the Cube! Will update on use as the weeks go by.

Update Feb13: 300 miles on these tyres now including one 100 mile ride. No issues as yet. Found glass and flint in them while checking during the ride but all were removed before they penetrated through. I also removed another 3 bits of glass when I arrived home.

While it's tough to compare directly, these actually seem to be holding these small bits out alot better than my Conti Hardshells? The tread is showing small signs of wear but nothing I wouldn't expect after 300 miles. I'll probably do another 400 or so miles then swap for new ones and keep these as my spares.

1.0 out of 5 stars Schwalbe Lugano, 9 Aug 2012
Don't waste your money! 3 punctures and a split in tyre on front wheel after only 70 miles in dry weather and good road conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyre, 7 May 2013
Done 1400 miles on a set of these and had 1 puncture. The product description says to run these at 85 psi. I have always had mine at just over 100 psi.They now look old and thin but OK. Will buy same again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Road bike tyres, 13 Dec 2012
Basil C. Kelly "Bazk" (UK) - See all my reviews
I thought I reviewed this ! anyway, great looking road bike tyres, I choice colour red stripe, excellent, installed on my bike, looks great. Compliments my roady excellent. That's where all the compliments stop. First after only 1 week front puncture, didn't fix but replaced inner tube, another week went past, rear puncture, again replaced tube. Then guess what the replacement lasted 2 more weeks rear puncture, again replaced the tube & then the next day 5 minutes into my commute to work rear went again, changed tube again. Got to work, end of the day commute back to home. Changed back to my normal tyres, Been running for over a month with no problems. I am sorry but these tyres may look great but not pratical.

2.0 out of 5 stars scwalbe tyre, 2 Oct 2012
first tyre developed a split in the carcass but was replaced very promptly by amazon second tyre is showing signs of cracking around white stripes so will be purchasing a different brand next time these have been on the bike only a few months, the michelin before were on for over two years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!!!!, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Lugano Rigid Tyre 700x23c (Sports)
I saw something similar in my local bike shop however their version was selling at 29.99 per tyre. Needless to say I like a bargain (who doesn't) so I shopped around & found these. The reviews were positive and figured for less then than a tenner a tyre, they were worth a punt.

They look fabulous on my bike, the rolling resistance doesn't appear to be affect as these are a little heavier then the Conti's I was running on. I do about 220 mile per week on average and these are a dream! Took them down a newly tarmaced road (and I don't mean the nice smooth type either) yesterday and did wonder if the puncture protection would hold out & it did. I carried on & did a further 20 miles with no bother.

The only thing I would recommend with these tyres is running with a decent inner tube, either conti's or Schwalbe's as I had a halfords cheap inner & it inflated weird & popped. My husband had similar problem with his halford inner tubes with the Schwalbe marathons I ordered for him.

Great product, although the yellow stripe is not dead straight but at less 10 they are worth the flaw x

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyres., 30 May 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Lugano Rigid Tyre 700x23c (Sports)
I ordered these tyres because I had a nick in the back tyre on my bike. I was going to keep them and put them on my bike when mine wore a little more. When they came, I looked at them and thought 'they are going straight on'. They look great and the performance is better. Good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars road tyre, 18 Nov 2012
I have now bought two sets of these tyres to use on my winter
bike and my fast road bike.
I have found them easy to fit they give a good ride with low
rolling resistance. No punctures so far and excellent value for money.