5.0 out of 5 stars HEADSET REVIEW - all listed
Okay, So I just purchased these and they arrived within one day !
No installation necessary all though it does come with some, if you wish but it is generally a plug and play device.

''Comfort'' After wearing these head phones they are the most comfortable pair of head phones I've ever worn, and I've had a pair of TRITTON headphones.
These have great...
Published 19 months ago by Sparky

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound but flawed
After coming back to PC gaming after a stint on consoles, I tried to get by with my Turtle Beach X41 headphones for a while. And all though they did work, it was too much messing about with audio output settings and microphone extension cables each time I wanted to use them. This quickly stopped me bothering with them so I decided on a dedicated set of PC gaming...
Published 20 months ago by Will

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gamers!, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Personal Computers)
good positioning in games supporting 5.1.
cons.a bit heavy after 2 hours of play
anyway I am happy with that product at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and good quality, 10 Mar 2011
All I can really say is they are of good quality and seem far more robust than my sons previous headsets. He in fact says that they're some of the best he's used. (studying computer gaming at uni')

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service and product!, 27 Feb 2011
i have to say that this is a very good buy.
the product arrived earlier than expected.

the headphone is great for watching movies and games.
yes, the surround system works!
especially in games.
basically you can detect the exact position of the enemy.

all in all,
truly worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Let down by build quality, 4 May 2012
Had these for around 4 months now, they were great if im honest. Very nice sound for the price and a half-decent microphone. Now 4 months later i go to put them on and the bit connect the right ear to the bit that goes over your head (adjustable bit) snapped. 75 gone to waste.

3.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 22 Feb 2011
first off avoid all headphones that require usb. adding a usb controller will just add extra noise to your audio.
this product uses usb to power it up, you cant use it without the usb pluged in. you will hear all your internal workings after a while, you move the mouse and you can hear the mouse electronic signals. your harddrive fires up from sleep and you can hear that too, dvd drive spinning that too, list goes on.

I have creative xfi gamer soundcard and have used it with the zalman ZM-RS6F+M 5.1 headphones and they are sharp and crystal clear. accurate and pinpoint precision with direction sound. so it is not my PC, but the headphones at fault.

other that that flaw the other features are great, bass extremely great with the low frequencies. the mice detachable and it has the led to let you knw if you are mute, so dont spend 10 minutes talking to yourself. and they are comfortable, mind you not that comfortable that you can sit 3 hours straight

there has been a lot of positive and over hyped reviews, but dont be fooled, this product is disappointing and is not worth half the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 2 Jun 2011
I had these for 2 weeks, after which I sent them back and got some AX720's

I'd just like to say, this headset is very good, for the money it's the best available. However if you have the extra cash to get some AX720's.

Good Points;
-Great noise cancellation, can't hear her shouting
-Good sturdy product, every part of it is designed to last
-Easy setup once the ports are all connected

Bad Points; (compared to 720's mostly, which are a lot more expensive)
-There isn't enough bass
-The surround sound is not as precise for FPS games
-The audio quality isn't "as" good, could be because of the optical audio on the 720's
-The noise cancellation means that you can hear yourself talking, which is annoying when using the mic
-They're not as comfy after long durations, they almost seem heavier than the 720's even though they're not
-I've been told the mic quality is poor
-No multi-platform support, the 720's can be used on the PS3 and XBox

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated., 16 Mar 2011
Years ago I owned a pair of Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headphones. I was very impressed but ended up going through two pairs within a year, each of them succumbing to a dying/blown 'subwoofer'.

So just before Christmas I thought I'd give 5.1 headphones another shot. After doing research and seeing these had almost stellar reviews I thought I couldn't go wrong. Three months down the line I put them up on eBay and got rid of them - they became dust-gatherers on my desk.
Firstly, the sound, especially the bass isn't great IMO. I have a Xonar D2 soundcard, so definitely enough juice to power them. But I found I'd have to turn the sub up max on the slider, AND in the Windows control panel to get any feeling of bass. Which just felt wrong any ways, it was almost a 'tickling' feeling on my eardrum. Also sounds you'd expect bass from (grenades, gunfire) weren't very effective. Whereas helicopter sounds in Bad Company 2 were overpowering and headache enducing.
Then came music. By default music plays in 2.0 mode. Even stereo upmixing barely effects the sound. I ended up having to use a Winamp plugin called 'Matrix Mixer' to output in 5.1... but after that effort I still wasn't impressed.
Movie watching wasn't much better, either. Yes, the directional effects sound nice at times, but I found the speaker drivers just don't pack enough punch... so that coupled with the subwoofer it can sound very unnatural. But most annoying is that damn volume tweaker attached to the cable - why does it need to be so damn big and clunky? why can't it be separate amp like Speedlink did with the Medusa 5.1's? If you want to walk around with the headset on it's like carrying a colostomy bag in your hand. Or watch a movie in bed and you've always got the weight of the damn thing pulling downwards
I always ended up going back to my Goldring NS1000's. Comfortable and great sounding.

Unfortunately these were one of my worst purchases of 2010.

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry, 12 Jun 2013
was just not compatible wit my equipment without purchasing a very expensive sound card so product was returned and refunded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 23 Sep 2011
Good quality sound, a little bit too heavy, solid contruction. I didn't test the mic yet but it should be fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, uncomfortable headphones with mediocre sound, 11 Jun 2011
I bought this a couple of months ago and found that the plastic cups on the headphones made my ears sweaty after a couple of hours usage (nice). I also have a Xonar D2X soundcard and I know games sound good but through these cans Bad Company 2 sounds strange and more difficult to gague where enemies are coming from than on my stereo headphones.

They are now sitting on a shelf, unwanted and unused!

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›