5.0 out of 5 stars HEADSET REVIEW - all listed
Okay, So I just purchased these and they arrived within one day !
No installation necessary all though it does come with some, if you wish but it is generally a plug and play device.

''Comfort'' After wearing these head phones they are the most comfortable pair of head phones I've ever worn, and I've had a pair of TRITTON headphones.
These have great...
Published 17 months ago by Sparky

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound but flawed
After coming back to PC gaming after a stint on consoles, I tried to get by with my Turtle Beach X41 headphones for a while. And all though they did work, it was too much messing about with audio output settings and microphone extension cables each time I wanted to use them. This quickly stopped me bothering with them so I decided on a dedicated set of PC gaming...
Published 19 months ago by Will

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Personal Computers)
first off avoid all headphones that require usb. adding a usb controller will just add extra noise to your audio.
this product uses usb to power it up, you cant use it without the usb pluged in. you will hear all your internal workings after a while, you move the mouse and you can hear the mouse electronic signals. your harddrive fires up from sleep and you can hear that too, dvd drive spinning that too, list goes on.

I have creative xfi gamer soundcard and have used it with the zalman ZM-RS6F+M 5.1 headphones and they are sharp and crystal clear. accurate and pinpoint precision with direction sound. so it is not my PC, but the headphones at fault.

other that that flaw the other features are great, bass extremely great with the low frequencies. the mice detachable and it has the led to let you knw if you are mute, so dont spend 10 minutes talking to yourself. and they are comfortable, mind you not that comfortable that you can sit 3 hours straight

there has been a lot of positive and over hyped reviews, but dont be fooled, this product is disappointing and is not worth half the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 2 Jun 2011
I had these for 2 weeks, after which I sent them back and got some AX720's

I'd just like to say, this headset is very good, for the money it's the best available. However if you have the extra cash to get some AX720's.

Good Points;
-Great noise cancellation, can't hear her shouting
-Good sturdy product, every part of it is designed to last
-Easy setup once the ports are all connected

Bad Points; (compared to 720's mostly, which are a lot more expensive)
-There isn't enough bass
-The surround sound is not as precise for FPS games
-The audio quality isn't "as" good, could be because of the optical audio on the 720's
-The noise cancellation means that you can hear yourself talking, which is annoying when using the mic
-They're not as comfy after long durations, they almost seem heavier than the 720's even though they're not
-I've been told the mic quality is poor
-No multi-platform support, the 720's can be used on the PS3 and XBox

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated., 16 Mar 2011
Years ago I owned a pair of Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headphones. I was very impressed but ended up going through two pairs within a year, each of them succumbing to a dying/blown 'subwoofer'.

So just before Christmas I thought I'd give 5.1 headphones another shot. After doing research and seeing these had almost stellar reviews I thought I couldn't go wrong. Three months down the line I put them up on eBay and got rid of them - they became dust-gatherers on my desk.
Firstly, the sound, especially the bass isn't great IMO. I have a Xonar D2 soundcard, so definitely enough juice to power them. But I found I'd have to turn the sub up max on the slider, AND in the Windows control panel to get any feeling of bass. Which just felt wrong any ways, it was almost a 'tickling' feeling on my eardrum. Also sounds you'd expect bass from (grenades, gunfire) weren't very effective. Whereas helicopter sounds in Bad Company 2 were overpowering and headache enducing.
Then came music. By default music plays in 2.0 mode. Even stereo upmixing barely effects the sound. I ended up having to use a Winamp plugin called 'Matrix Mixer' to output in 5.1... but after that effort I still wasn't impressed.
Movie watching wasn't much better, either. Yes, the directional effects sound nice at times, but I found the speaker drivers just don't pack enough punch... so that coupled with the subwoofer it can sound very unnatural. But most annoying is that damn volume tweaker attached to the cable - why does it need to be so damn big and clunky? why can't it be separate amp like Speedlink did with the Medusa 5.1's? If you want to walk around with the headset on it's like carrying a colostomy bag in your hand. Or watch a movie in bed and you've always got the weight of the damn thing pulling downwards
I always ended up going back to my Goldring NS1000's. Comfortable and great sounding.

Unfortunately these were one of my worst purchases of 2010.

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry, 12 Jun 2013
was just not compatible wit my equipment without purchasing a very expensive sound card so product was returned and refunded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 23 Sep 2011
Good quality sound, a little bit too heavy, solid contruction. I didn't test the mic yet but it should be fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, uncomfortable headphones with mediocre sound, 11 Jun 2011
I bought this a couple of months ago and found that the plastic cups on the headphones made my ears sweaty after a couple of hours usage (nice). I also have a Xonar D2X soundcard and I know games sound good but through these cans Bad Company 2 sounds strange and more difficult to gague where enemies are coming from than on my stereo headphones.

They are now sitting on a shelf, unwanted and unused!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pointless addition of a microphone and mediocre sound, 19 April 2011
Jamie Ryan (Tipperary, Ireland.) - See all my reviews
Let's just say I would be sending these back if I hadn't have gotten them as a present. Sound quality is run of the mill, nothing special, glorified stereo sound with the persisting annoyance of white noise. One of the main selling points is absolutely redundant; that is of course the microphone. I've spent hours at this stage trying to get my computer to register the sound from it and upon doing endless research have discovered that this mic doesn't work in any of these headsets!!! This is an absolute joke as the microphone is one of its main selling points thus why it is called a "headset" and not just "headphones". Poor product, buy something else because these are daylight robbery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall average because it does not deliver what it promise, 2 Jan 2010
In general it is an average product. With a little extra effort from user's behalf it can deliver a surround environment at the end. It has however several STRONG disadvantages :

1. Its heavy and it needs extra effort to get used to
2. Its woofer is not loud enough. My 5 years old STEREO creative headphones (HQ-1500) produce stronger buss AND THEY DO NOT claim TO HAVE ANY 5.1 capabilities.
3. The vibration UNIT does not work except in the demo of the roccat company.
4. NO NOISE CANCELLATION. I CAN HEAR THE TV IN THE FIRST FLOOR OF MY HOUSE AND THE PC ROOM IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR. IN FACT MY HQ-1500 CANCELS THE EXTERIOR NOISE BETTER THAN THE KAVE.

I will recommend it only to those of you that want to enjoy a 5.1 sound environment and you do not have any space for 5.1 speakers or the extra money to buy something better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of crap, 31 Oct 2012
Just got this headset and first thing i find is loads of static noise....went on good to find clues and nothing helped..worst investment in my life...

2.0 out of 5 stars Far better options out there, 3 Sep 2012
This product wasn't as good as I'd have liked, I was expecting a simple USB to plug in, instead I found myself having to buy a new sound card to be able to set it up. There are 5 things to plug in, consequently it looks messy and is impraticle. Also, though the earphones look comfy, they aren't, they heat up loads until you're forced to take them off. The surround sound works OK on some games, other than that, they suck.

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›