Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 March 2010
You could be forgiven for thinking you're listening to a 40+ year old American blues singer at the top of his game, then the guitar kicks in - surely this is Clapton at his best? Think again.
Twenty one years of age, hailing from the Isle of Man.
Eleven tracks and every one a winner.
This has to be the best album I've bought in the last ten years - bar none. Time for Eric to move over?
Give Davey Knowles a break - don't pirate a copy - buy it!
on 18 July 2009
Back Door Slam's debut "Roll away" did get five stars from me and deservedly so. Exciting blues rock, good songs and plenty of great guitar work.
You can believe I was looking forward to the follow up.
Well, a major disappointment.
First the band name now only features in small letters behind their leader. A commercial decision perhaps.
Second the original members got dumped and replaced. Another commercial decision perhaps.
This new album is produced by Peter Frampton. Produced right into the ground.
There's nothing left of the spontaneity from the first album. The songs are mediocre and the guitar just doesn't shine.
Only the voice is left.
Can't say I like this new direction at all and I'm sorry to say the future of the British blues now looks dim.
on 11 April 2010
Was tempted and intrigued to buy this cd due to a fab review in the Sunday Times. So glad I did. Great blues-rock music. Davy is only 23 but has an amazing deep voice and his guitar playing sounds like he has 8 fingers on each hand! Has been likened to a young Peter Green and Eric Clapton in gig reviews. Remember the name "Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam" - they are gonna be big.
on 19 April 2011
Davy Knowles is a brilliant musician, vocalist, writer and still in his early 20's. He has justifiably attracted a lot of attention and recognition for his talent. His guitar playing is outstanding but he also has a voice and a maturity in his writing to match! If you want to listen to a fantastic album.. Buy it! If blues rock and ballads appeal ; You will not be disappointed!
on 15 March 2010
This guy sounds like Paul Rogers from Free in his heyday before he became a bit of (a) Queen which is no bad thing. He really does sound quite vocally mature for a lad in his early twenties and most of the songs are well written and all are well performed. If you like traditional style blues influenced rock you'll like this.
on 1 November 2011
I saw Davy being interviewed on a BBC television programme and was so impressed by his charisma that I decided to buy his CD. I must say that I was not at all disappointed by his music. A new Eric Clapton in the making is on his way into our lives...
on 13 March 2010
My kind of music, very exciting artist. Looking forward to next album. Very glad he was on morning TV, this got me to buy the album straightaway. Hop he is about for a long time. Brilliant!!
on 9 February 2010
I am a great fan and waited impatiently for this album to come out. You only need to watch the videos to see how talented he is to want to be part of the audience. I think my favourite track is 'Tear down the walls' and I do prefer his more rocky stuff to the ballads. I think that's more to do with me than him. Buy this and the earlier one - just as good if not better... I know some real big rock freaks who heard his stuff without knowing who it was and just sat up and took notice, particularly of the guitar playing.
on 6 January 2010
Bought this because I was intrigued by the title track played by Sir Terry on the breakfast show. Sorry to say that it is by far the most superior track on the whole record, which is good, but average blues rock. All the time you have this frustrating feeling that this band could be absolutely brilliant. Slightly underwhelming, overall!
on 28 January 2010
A really mature and thoughtful selection of compositions by this young man beautifully produced by Peter Frampton. It's the total package. It rocks with some delicious and skillful guitar. I found him by accident when listening to Radio2XS which is always a great place to listen to new bands - a lucky find.