on 5 March 2015
Bought as a "my little pony" castle, as the official ones are cheap, brittle tat. It's expensive for what it is (plywood with a bit of rough hand-painting) but the kids love it and it's lasting well. For once, Amazon didn't deliver this in an over-sized box too.
on 8 March 2016
I bought this castle for my daughters third birthday and didn't see her all day! It is made of a good plywood structure and is very robust and aloes for a lot of imaginary play time along with the figurines great value for some piece and quiet!
on 9 February 2014
My 4 year old daughter loves this castle which Father Christmas brought for her. She was given the wooden family by another relative and has played a lot with it the castle and family. We chose this over the smaller carry along castle as it seemed a lot more castle for a little more money! Having seen both, I think we made the right decision! Had intended on buying the furniture too, but she has been happy with just people and castle for now so I would suggest its not necessary to buy all the add ons at same time. It's nicely made and painted and is something more than one child can play with at sane time, promoting sharing and creativity as the little ones make up their own stories together so ideal for developing language too. Would definitely recommend.
on 16 January 2015
Great wooden castle. Lovely finish. Bought for my daughter, but my son loves playing with his cars in it along the ramparts snd prning snd shutting the fungeon door. Think my daughter will get a lot of play from it over time.
on 28 July 2014
Bought this for my Grandaughter Vivi's 2nd birthday, she loved it. Very well made, strong and sturdy and very nicely decorated; size is just perfect. I would always buy any of Melissa & Doug products in the future.
on 23 January 2016
Lovely but expensive and very soft, porous 'wood'. That said, my daughter really likes it and gets good play from it. I just feel that something that costs so much should be a bit better finished.
on 8 August 2014
Absolutely beautiful product. My daughter loves it. There are a lot of other products (Magiclip dolls etc) that fit very nicely with the castle. It gets used a lot and as yet has remained strong.
on 16 December 2013
the wooden castle is beautiful, but very disappointed that since I have bought it as a christmas present it has been reduced substantially, I won't be buying Melissa and Doug at full price again
on 31 December 2013
Absolutely love this castle that Santa brought for my daughter. Can be played with together or folded out,...together figures can walk all the way up the stairs and around the castle! So many little windows and nooks to play with, plus a little sliding bit that can be used as a stable or prison!!
I think there will be many years of play in this, plus it looks lovely in the living room. Only gripe is with the turret that sits on the roof, slightly wobbly. But it's too nice overall to bother us!
on 19 January 2011
My daughter liked playing with it initially but the toy needs a bit of space for storage as it will not fold away completely. Also be aware had to return this to Amazon as there were a few wood splinters on the inside.