5.0 out of 5 stars THE ULTIMATE PRINCESS CASTLE
What a gorgeous princess castle this is for any little girl. I've bought this for my little one for Christmas and am delighted with the quality.

Published on 14 Oct 2009 by Crafty Marie

3.0 out of 5 stars great castle but now in the sale
the wooden castle is beautiful, but very disappointed that since I have bought it as a christmas present it has been reduced substantially, I won't be buying Melissa and Doug at full price again
Published 6 months ago by E Cooper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ULTIMATE PRINCESS CASTLE, 14 Oct 2009
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mitnehmen in Melissa & Doug - Folding Princess Castle - Prinzessinnen Schloß zum Mitnehmen (Toy)

First up, unlike many princess castles, this one comes ready assembled. Just take it out of the box. No fiddling around screwing things together and wondering where all the pieces are and having to figure out complex instructions! There are a few turrets which are removeable but if you look on the bottom of your castle, it will show you where these go. Very easy.

It is beautiful, made from thick (plywood I guess) wood and hand-painted with pink and green accents - trailing vines, brickwork, flourises. So pretty to look at without being sickly. Good enough to grace our living room which is where it will be going.

A very large castle to suit any girl I would think from 3-8 years old. It can be played with folded together with a large courtyard on the inside or opened right out to make one huge, long castle. Whatever your princess prefers.

Lots of detail with staircases, turrets, balconies, open windows and doors. My favourite part is the drawbridge which can be pulled down or wound up again with a wooden handle. There is also a sliding door which you could use as a jail or (if you're not keen on that idea) maybe a horse stable.

Really lovely and I've seen plenty of castles which are much more expensive but not so impressive as this one.

Melissa and Doug impress yet again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairies Castle, 24 Sep 2010
This is a fabulous toy. I brought it for my daughter last Christmas. I din't have to endure the usual nightmare of trying to build it on Christmas Eve/Morning, which was a pleasant relief. Both my daughter and her sister have hours of fun playing magical fairy games with it. They use their ELC fairies as characters to complement the toy. It is a really sturdy toy that looks the same now as when I brought it a year ago. I think the build is much better than the completion and the price is better than other girls castles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 23 May 2012
We bought this for our daughter's birthday. 8 months on and the castle is still going well. Gets played with almost every day and there are as yet, no signs of it breaking anywhere. Very robust and nicely made. We bought the matching furniture set from Melissa and Doug which is also good. The castle is hinged and opens out to increase the playable area. Once closed it becomes quite compact for stowing. Our daughter and son love it. Suitable for small figures, but as a guide for how small - our son's Schleich knights are too big. Overall very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb castle, 2 Jan 2011
P. Haynes "PHX" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best castle either of my kids have ever received. Sturdy, robust, well made, painted with good detail.

Hours of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Castle for my little princess, 7 Dec 2010
I receive the castle last week and i cant hardly wait to see my daughter face on cristhmas night. So far i only can say that is amazing. The material looks good and the colors fantastic! I'm sure that my daugther will play a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful princess castle, 2 Dec 2012
very pretty princess castle for all little princesses my daughter loved it! It was a great present for her birthday

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 9 Feb 2014
My 4 year old daughter loves this castle which Father Christmas brought for her. She was given the wooden family by another relative and has played a lot with it the castle and family. We chose this over the smaller carry along castle as it seemed a lot more castle for a little more money! Having seen both, I think we made the right decision! Had intended on buying the furniture too, but she has been happy with just people and castle for now so I would suggest its not necessary to buy all the add ons at same time. It's nicely made and painted and is something more than one child can play with at sane time, promoting sharing and creativity as the little ones make up their own stories together so ideal for developing language too. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, well-built and great fun, 19 Jan 2014
Alison Johnson "Alipeeps" (North of England) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 3 year old daughter for Christmas and she absolutely loves it. It's a quality product, beautifully made from real wood and - a major bonus for parents - comes already assembled so no fiddly construction to do (and it's not going to fall apart the minute you try and move it). My daughter loves all the different rooms and turrets and the moving parts such as the door and drawbridge and the way the castle opens up to allow access. She had some princess Playmobil in her advent calendar and this castle is the perfect size the Playmobil figures. A quality product that will last for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely lovely, well made, classic toy., 12 Jan 2014
My daughters (age 4 and 3) recieved this item for Christmas along with the princess castle furniture set which you can purchase seperately. This was by far my daughters favourite present and they have played with it everyday since it arrived. The castle is well made and attractively decorated. Item was ready assembled which made it easier for us on Christmas morning. This is a timeless toy it is definately something I will hold on to for years to come, unlike some of the other fad type toys the girls recieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful castle for perfect princesses, 31 Dec 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Absolutely love this castle that Santa brought for my daughter. Can be played with together or folded out,...together figures can walk all the way up the stairs and around the castle! So many little windows and nooks to play with, plus a little sliding bit that can be used as a stable or prison!!
I think there will be many years of play in this, plus it looks lovely in the living room. Only gripe is with the turret that sits on the roof, slightly wobbly. But it's too nice overall to bother us!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›