5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun - and hours to put away!!
Very pleased with this product. Very good quality wooden blocks, not too big and not too small. Very colourful and plenty in the box to make wonderful designs for my 19mth old little boy who loves knocking them down afterwards. Only problem is picking them all up afterwards!!!!!
Published on 22 April 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not classic blocks
First to say Amazon provides great service and I have always been very satisfied.

Published on 23 Mar 2011 by aknel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not classic blocks, 23 Mar 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)

Now, the blocks: I expected what's on the picture. Classic wooden blocks. Nothing more nothing less. But the ones that arrived were definitevely not from the photo. The varnish looks like there is only one basic coat and what more, it does come off! Also, some pieces are too small which I wouldn't mind as the recommended age is 3+ but they are also too light for any little hands to actually build anything.

I returned them to Amazon and I do think this is not a good quality product. I would not recommend it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars blocks, 16 Jan 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
The paint is coming off very easly:( Had to put away the small blocks as my son is chewing them, but he likes playing with the bigger blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun - and hours to put away!!, 22 April 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 29 July 2012
Monica (Venice, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
Incredibly bad product. I have some Ikea wood blocks and they are great, so I thought to buy some more on Amazon.
The moment I opened the package, a strange and strong smell came out - shouldn't the paint be 'non toxic'? - so I put the blocks in a basket for a couple of days, waiting for the smell to go away. Well, the paint came off almost immediately, just moving them a bit in the basket: they have never been played with, only gently MOVED...Stay apart!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they look on the picture, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
I am not happy with the quality of these blocks. Blocks of the same size are actually unevenly shaped, it looks like they were carelessly cut. The color also comes off easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars the worst block set, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
The blockset has very strong odor from the paint, which must be in very poor quality.
My son had got allergic reaction when he played it every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buildings, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
These are fantastic. There are loads of different shapes and you can make brilliant, imaginative buildings with them. I love Melissa and Doug products and this certainly hasn't disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars building blocks, 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
Building blocks were bought for my 3 year old sons birthday and he loves them. You get 100 blocks of various shapes in Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. He plays with them in different ways, building tall towers, building using only green or only cylinder shapes etc and we have a lot of fun with them. My only negatives would be that the box they came in isn't very sturdy , I am now keeping them in a little storage basket. Also that the paint has chipped from a few of them but I still give this five stars for the enjoyment they give my son. I like the different shapes included, we find the triangles useful for building Rockets, and joining the little ' bridge ' shapes together to make Windows. He uses the semi circles as car wheels etc. Based on our experience with this set I would highly recommend it. Great value, plenty of blocks and my son plays with them every single day

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
My husband and I have spent hours upon hours with our 8 month old building towers for her to knock down. I like the colors and various shapes. Right now she likes to bang them together and chew on them, but I think the building will come in time! The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that the paint has come off some. However, my daughter has teeth and really goes at it when she chews them so it's probably unavoidable. I trust Melissa & Doug to use safe paint so it's really not much of a worry for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Blocks Set, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set (Toy)
Lovely set of blocks.. it was bought for my son and he absolutely loves this item... He builds towers and knocks it down then rebuild another one... It is good for development skills.. I am enjoying it...

Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Building Blocks Set