4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy. Highly recommended
Well made & very enjoyable toy. So much better than the plastic versions available. Highly recommended.
Published on 12 Jan. 2010 by Scott Vincent

3.0 out of 5 stars Reduced quality.
I have bought from Melissa and Doug before.
I was disppointed when this arrived, the paintwork was shoddy - not as bright as previous sets bought. Some of it was not finsished properly and had snags on, and the paint was chipped in places. It was not such good quality as previous sets purchased. My daughter also bought a set and found the same - excpet hers was worse...
Published 16 months ago by Timandra French

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy. Highly recommended, 12 Jan. 2010
Scott Vincent "ilovecolumbo" (Brighton) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quality toy food, 30 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
This set of wooden fruit is absolutely beautiful, and works well in my daughter's play kitchen. The fruit looks appetizing and is easy to cut with the supplied toy knife. The velcro in the middle gives a satisfying noise when you cut each piece. This is the nicest quality play food that i have seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 30 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
Just gave this to my two year old daughter. Loved it. Went down a big treat with her four year old brother too. Have the cookies already and these have been well used. I know this fruit will be the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, lots of fun., 10 Nov. 2014
S. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
My little girl loves playing with her teaset. Spends hours pouring tea, so I knew she would love this. She got it for her 2nd birthday, initially she struggled cutting the fruit up but now is an expert (within a week), and loves sharing it out. She knows that the melon gets cuts into quarters, banana into 3rds and everything else into halves. obviously she doesn't really understand fractions, but good to get the mathematical language in early

5.0 out of 5 stars A toy for all ages, 30 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
My 4-year-old daughter and her friends love it! For me the biig plus is that I can finally let my one-year-old play with her sister, without being afraid that she might swallow something (she likes to put everything in her mouth!). My four-year-old is also happy because her baby sister can't break, tear or chew this toy, so she actually wants to play with her! I will definately be buing more of melissa & doug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 25 Sept. 2013
Mrs. J. Blyth (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
We have a set of these for our boys who are 2 & 4yrs, and they enjoy playing with these as do their friends when they visit. We have also given about 3 of these sets to friends children and have always been complimented on them. Our boys have quite a few Melissa & Doug items, so far they have all been of excellent quality and value. We highly reccommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
Great gift for 2 year old! Bought the cut up fruit with it...lovely! It was a great success and played with by all 3 kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
Bought as a present for my niece and all the cousins ended up playing with it! Great fun and great for coordination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality,beautiful toy, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
I love this! I bought this for my two year old because I thought it looked fun and I would have loved it when I was little - I also thought it would make her understand about her food and eat fruit and veg. She does love it and it is easy enough for her to use as the fruit is chunky and splits quite easily with the little knife. The knife isn't any where near sharp but I always supervise her just in case. I think that she will grow into it as a toy but likes playing shop etc with it at the moment. I think that these are beautiful toys but still very robust as my daughter is NOT delicate! I liked it so much I bought the sandwich making set which is soooo cute as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for a two-year old, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit (Toy)
My two-year old loves this fruit. Who would have thought cutting a little velcro dot over and over again would create so much fun!? It's good for learning colours as well. The only fruit I don't love is the kiwifruit which is more grey than light brown, and the banana could have done with a bit of black on the ends to be closer to a real one, but would buy this again regardless. And it is a toy which needs adult interaction, otherwise once all the fruit has been "cut" (in about 30 seconds!) the fun is over. But my daughter will cut this over and over again, and make me dozens of cups of tea with her tea set, when I'm sitting on the floor with her.

Melissa & Doug Cutting Fruit