5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Learning Opportunity
I love Melissa & Doug toys. They are durable and last a long time. Plus I feel like most of their toys are also educational. The Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle is no exception. There are so many ways we play with this toy. It did not take my 2-year old son long to figure out how to pick up the cars with the magnet. But once the car pieces are out, it also acts as a...
Published on 27 July 2010 by American Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars the puzzle part is not so well designed
I bought this as a christmas gift for my 2 year old son. He likes playing with the magnetic bits, but struggles a bit with finding the right slots for the cars. There is not much to go on except the shapes which are pretty similar.. so I think it is a bit frustrating for them to find the right slots. im sure he will get better with fitting them back in.
but he loves...
Published 5 months ago by fiyi

4.0 out of 5 stars More play value than a jigsaw, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
A nice little game. well made and attractive, as always from Melissa and Greg. Can be played with in a few different ways, on your own or with others, making it interesting for over 3s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Numbers through Play - Brilliant for Car Addicts!, 2 Jan 2012
Rola (LONDON, ENGLAND United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
My son who is crazy about cars absolutely loves this toy. I bought it for him at age 3 thinking that he was a bit old for this type of game but he was hooked immediately and played for 15 minutes at a time without getting bored. Although I have tried different methods of teaching him numbers, this is the one which stuck. Its also good for hand-eye coordination as you do need to concentrate in order to grab the cars using the truck magnet. The only slight issue I found is that the numbers are not written inside the spaces so it was tricky to find out which car fit into which space. I overcame this by writing the numbers in myself. This product is so beautifully made that I can see it lasting for a looong time - as long as we don't lose the pieces!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 July 2011
Kim (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
My just turned two year old instantly loved this game. It's so much fun and I can see he is enjoying improving his 'towing' skills. Mum or Dad will have fun too! So different from the usual Smyth's fare, gorgeous to look it and beautifully crafted. Lots of fun guaranteed - a hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun and educational!, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
This is a great toy, it's fun to play with and educational too! I bought it as a present for my 2 year old nephew, he and my daughter also 2 played quite happily taking turns to find the colour or number car that I requested. The only down side is that the pieces don't do great if they get wet or damp at all, my other daughter (8 months) picked up a piece and put it in her mouth, only for a few seconds but the result was the picture starting to peel away. I would have expected it to stand up to the test a little better. In my experience with young children puzzle pieces are going to get sucked and have the odd drink splashed or spilt on them. This unfortunately will not last too long with that kind of treatment. Other than that this is a fantastic toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
This has been one of the most played-with toys in our house. Was originally bought for our two year old boy but has been really enjoyed by our 5 year old girl too. Because the cars are differently coloured and numbered, it has helped him to learn both in a very enjoyable way. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars the puzzle part is not so well designed, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
but he loves the cars and the colors. I have given it a 3 as I feel a bit more thought could have gone into designing the puzzle bit of the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unclear not suitable for over 3yr olds!, 30 April 2014
Mrs. Diana Rundle (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
Looked as though it wd suit my 5 yr old grandson - he was disappointed! Pic was correct but description misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
I really like this toy and have got it a few times for my friends children. Is two games in one with the magnet and then the puzzle. Good price and delivered quickly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for my 2 year old boy, 18 May 2012
Hang Tran (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
My 2 year old boy did not seem interested in the toy at first, but a few days later he learned to "pick" the cars up using the magnet. I would not say he's crazy about it, but he can play with it for about 5-10 minutes. It's particularly great before bedtime. It's still good value for money since I think the toy helps him develop eye-hand coordination.

2.0 out of 5 stars no instructions with it, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
love Melissa n Doug products but this has no instructions and bought as a game? not sure what you are supposed to do with it

Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game