5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Learning Opportunity
I love Melissa & Doug toys. They are durable and last a long time. Plus I feel like most of their toys are also educational. The Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle is no exception. There are so many ways we play with this toy. It did not take my 2-year old son long to figure out how to pick up the cars with the magnet. But once the car pieces are out, it also acts as a...
Published on 27 July 2010 by American Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars the puzzle part is not so well designed
I bought this as a christmas gift for my 2 year old son. He likes playing with the magnetic bits, but struggles a bit with finding the right slots for the cars. There is not much to go on except the shapes which are pretty similar.. so I think it is a bit frustrating for them to find the right slots. im sure he will get better with fitting them back in.
but he loves...
Published 15 months ago by fiyi

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tow truck magnetic game, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
This ingenious game arrived well before the expected date of delivery and within great packaging. I have given 5 stars for delivery time; condition on receipt of goods ordered; the quality of goods ; the ease of playing and finally, above all, it kept my very 'busy' grandson enthralled for hours whilst encouraging eye co = ordination and concentration. I think because it featured cars also helped. Many thanks .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. A bit easy but the boy still loves it!, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
Good for a two-three year old. My 3.5 year old can do it easily but he still loves it as the magnet is attached to the tow truck. I thought it was a jigsaw that you had to construct first but it isn't- it's a wooden board with cut out pieces like the early jigsaw/shape matching boards so it turned out to be a bit easy for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Already good with further potential, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
I bought this for my son when he was 22 months along with the fish/underwater version. This takes a bit more thinking about to replace the cars correctly. However, he has now memorised where they go. This has further potential. Once he begins to get the hang of numbers and colours there are lots of games we can play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Added fun with the magnet, 29 May 2014
M. Witt "mel" (oxford, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
This has been a hit with my 2 year old. He likes to put the pieces in and then take them out with the magnet. He does well to remember where everything goes. I like you can talk about numbers and colours. Shame there is no box, I got a plastic zip folder to keep it in so all the pieces stay together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 July 2011
Kim (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
My just turned two year old instantly loved this game. It's so much fun and I can see he is enjoying improving his 'towing' skills. Mum or Dad will have fun too! So different from the usual Smyth's fare, gorgeous to look it and beautifully crafted. Lots of fun guaranteed - a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Puzzle, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
Excellent quality and great fun. The puzzle pieces have small magnets so that they can be picked up using the tow truck. We have had hours of fun picking them all up and then putting the pieces back in the correct places. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun and educational!, 26 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
This is a great toy, it's fun to play with and educational too! I bought it as a present for my 2 year old nephew, he and my daughter also 2 played quite happily taking turns to find the colour or number car that I requested. The only down side is that the pieces don't do great if they get wet or damp at all, my other daughter (8 months) picked up a piece and put it in her mouth, only for a few seconds but the result was the picture starting to peel away. I would have expected it to stand up to the test a little better. In my experience with young children puzzle pieces are going to get sucked and have the odd drink splashed or spilt on them. This unfortunately will not last too long with that kind of treatment. Other than that this is a fantastic toy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely puzzle and can't complain for £3. 99 but ..., 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
Lovely puzzle and can't complain for £3.99 but it would have helped if the numbers were printed on the board so that the child knows where to fit the pieces. The cars are similar shaped and difficult to place for a young child

5.0 out of 5 stars Brrrmmmm Brrrrmmmmm, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
A good educational toy for young children. Each car has a metal "button" on it, enabling the break down truck to pick it up with the crane part. It was delivered very quickly and the service was second to none

5.0 out of 5 stars .Magnetic Puzzle Game - Tow Truck, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tow Truck Magnetic Puzzle Game (Toy)
Brilliant puzzle game. My two and a half year old grandson loves it, keeps him entertained for hours and we can share in the fun with him. Very educational, colours, shapes, numbers etc. Would highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›