Size: Dinosaur Stamp Set|Change

on 29 December 2009
My son loved this toy and I also got the horse set for my daughter which she has used constantly since christmas. My only disappointment is that it doesn't have a lid and so I'm forever picking up the stamps etc when the kids pull them off the shelf! Otherwise worth the buy
on 21 January 2010
A great boys stamp set, we have dinos everywhere now ! Pictures too small to colour but my son has had hours of fun making dino pictures all the same
on 22 October 2013
This set is lovely. The stamps are perfect for little hands and make craft time less messy for my 3 year old. The set is self contained in a box which is always a plus for me. Great toy .
on 15 January 2014
My 8 year old nephew loves them! He's spent hours with it allready making giant dinosaur paintings.

The stamps a nicely defined, and the handles sturdy.
I wouldn't recommend for really young kids, 4+ seems optimistic, more like 5 or 6 + because you need to apply fairly even pressure to get a good stamp.
The box looks nice, but it would definitely benefit from a lid. As it is, you can't really take it along with you on short trips (very important in my eyes). It's just for sitting on a desk. Also the child using it needs to be able to clean them in between use otherwise the ink colours transfer from one pad to the other and turn everything into one shade of dark grey.

Overall a good buy, but the few drawbacks stop my from rating 5 stars.
on 12 November 2011
Disappointed with ink colours it contained-pink and purple,which arent very dinosaur type colours .Image shown indicates red/blue ink pad comes with it.Also another criticism is that there is no lid to box which is a shame.
Stamps are nice which is main thing i suppose.
on 12 May 2010
The stamps are small, and its not easy to get a complete picture on the page when you use them. Plus, the box should really have a cover if things are not to get lost.

Beware the colour picture on each stamp are only on plastic strips, so if you are washing the ink off, don't get the coloured image wet, or they will peel off.
on 8 March 2014
Nicely made dinosaur stamp set - but for some reason my kids haven't been that excited about using this. I guess that's why I don't give it 5 stars...
on 6 February 2011
my kids loved this stamp set, at 4 and 3 they love dinosaus and loved stamping them all over the place, but when its time to put them away, a lid would have been a great addition, especially since the stamps are covered in ink after use.
on 11 March 2016
Purchased as a gift for my nephew. Hasn't been used yet but I know he will love it as he loves his other Melissa and Doug stamp sets and he is a big dinosaur fan.

The great thing about the stamp sets is that they appeal to such a wide age range and both girls and boys. My 2.5 year old loves stamping with her older cousins.

The Melissa and Doug ones are such great quality. The only disappointing thing I find with them though is that they come in a nice wooden box but without a lid so once the cellophane is removed they are just loose in the moulded plastic which sits in the wooden box. It wouldn't stop me purchasing them but would be so much better if the box had a lid.
on 25 September 2015
I think the little girls I have bought them for will love these - I have warned their Mother there might be some new décor in their sitting room, i.e. a border of dinosaurs all round the room!