5.0 out of 5 stars A marked improvement in mental health
It seems these tablets kick into your system pretty quick and I can actually notice a big difference in my speed of thinking which came as a pleasant surprise. I've been taking one a day alongside my other supplements as part of my recovery process and fitness regime.
Published 10 months ago by Camera Boy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me unfortunately
Had to stop taking this as it made my heart jump about and palpitate, after I stopped taking it everything returned to normal.
Published 5 months ago by Arabian Racer

5.0 out of 5 stars A marked improvement in mental health, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Swanson Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 100 Capsules (Personal Care)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me unfortunately, 27 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Unwanted side effect, 14 Aug 2013
Worked well providing improved energy and alertness but triggered bad insomnia after just a few days use so stopped taking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for a safe remedy., 2 May 2012
Acetyl L-Carenetine was recommended to me by a friend as a supplement to support the nervous system. I feel, that Swanson Acetyl L-Carnitine has has improved my overall well being. It is also excellent value for money. I have not observerved any adverse side effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swanson Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Capsules), 4 Dec 2012
KJ Hookey (Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
These capsules are fair value as vitamins and supplements go and I must say I feel more energetic on them. Having been diagnosed with mild angina I needed something to give me a bit of a boost without resorting to the nitroglycerine spray the NHS gave me and which gives me a headache.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swanson Acetyl L-Carnitine, 9 Jun 2014
A. J. Lornie (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent product and good value. I recommend it.
It's difficult to judge whether supplements are doing one good sometimes
but this one definitely makes a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a reliable company., 7 Jun 2014
Have bought this particular vitamin on several occasions from this company. They are prompt and reliable with every order. Will continue to use them in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good energy booster, 27 Nov 2012
Great product I found it very effective for energy and general well being.Very happy and will use this product again

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent despatcher, fast arrival, 8 Feb 2011
Alexandre "ayjay" (London, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
L-carnitine is great at "diverting" the sugars where they need to go,
i.e. the muscles. Whilst recommended as a "weight loss" supplement,
"dieting and pills" on their own don't work:

Good old fashioned, BALANCED (!) diet, and moderate exercise, such as
getting up to switch TV channels, washing up and drying by hand, walking
to the letter box, swimming or cycling, is all that's required.
Combine this with a sensible supplement, such as L-carnitine, and
the result can be lean muscle.

As with every "health product", not everything works for everybody:
Always check for allergies and if required, consult your GP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Though I can't say for sure. It seems to do something, 27 May 2014
I started taking this, as it was recommended by world reknown cardiologist, Dr Stephen Sinatra as one of the supplements (along with CoQ10 and Niacin) that he takes regularly for the upkeep of the body. I can't really say that this reviewed supplement has been particularly effective with me.

Dr Sinatra claims that he uses Niacin with some of his patients instead of using the cholesterol lowering drugs - statins. Though I don't have an issue with cholesterol or triglycerides. I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of Co-enzyme Q10 or CoQ10 for short. In the provision of increased levels of energy. As it is the fuel that powers the mitochondriae (organelles within cell) that produce energy within the cell. Put simply, Low CoQ10 levels = Low Cell energy levels = you feel low in the dumps!.

Swanson Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 100 Capsules