4.0 out of 5 stars great story, flawed product, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Helix (Kindle Edition)
The story thus far is very good, it's good sci-fi, a novel storyline and well written. The flaw however is there's lots of missing words. I don't know if the problems are related to the production for Kindle or somwhere earlier in the life of the book but it's frustrating. That said it's a sufficiently good read that I'm going to finish it. I also like the fact that it's a substantial book so it's taking a a reasonable amount of time to get through too. At this price it's great value. It would be even better if proof-read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking read, 8 Dec 2012
Jennifer A. Cowan "Jacscifi" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helix (Kindle Edition)
A great reality check for the human species. This book explores who we are, where we are going and what we seek emotionally and spiritually. No matter how advanced we become, the human race seems to revert to our basic selfish nature in some form or another. I love the main character's evolution and eventual realisation about himself throughout the book. The need for human beings to follow/believe in a greater power than ourselves is an extreamely powerful message with the results and concequences graphically shown. It is well written and a gripping story line that I enjoyed. I found the open finish at the end a little annoying. I wish to know what happened to all the characters after the facts but perhaps there is a second book in it.

Helix