5.0 out of 5 stars Well made Educational Toy, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
We wasn't sure about purchasing this toy because it seemed expensive (at the time of purchase in Feb 2010) we are VERY glad we did though! As another reviewer mentioned you can see where the money has been spent. Well made, all brass fixtures and hinges and robust too. The board is BIGGER than we thought it would be (45cm x 30cm). Each latch has a different colour background (to help teach colours) as well as a number of different animals to aid learning to count (there is a small insert with the board's instructions for ideas what games to play). Our son is 21 months and can open and close all the latches except one that he is still trying to master! This is not a toy that they are going to play with all day every day, but something you bring out to play and help them learn. We actually bought a separate padlock with keys to use with one of the latches which works brilliantly (our boy loves keys and locks which is why we bought the latches board originally). Great fun to use once-twice a week and help your child's hand and eye co-ordination as well as counting and colours. Comes highly recommended by my little lad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I bought this for my child minding business and the children absolutely love it. I thought they would get bored of it quite quickly but as there is so much going on with pictures, colours and numbers behind the doors they use it lots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 12 Jan. 2015
Lady Rose (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
Whoever invented this must have looked into the mind of a child. Bought for my two-year-old grandson to play with on the plane during a long flight abroad, and it kept him amused. It is a board made up of all the usual things that children typically seem to find so fascinating to fiddle with - which you don't always want them to - like latches, door knobs, locks, sliding bolts and hinges. Very colourful and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have toy, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
my son is 2 years old and loves this toy.it keeps him busy for a long time.very good quality with real latches and nice colours. I would highly recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars but, 20 April 2014
Ms. Jana Kapustova "Jana" (Radlett, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
My 1yo likes it but it's not as easy as it looks. It's very well made and fun but the pics of animals are little boring. I would expect more considering it was 18£.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
This is a great resource, very well made and really good value for money as it would a great deal more for something similiar from an educational supplier.

It only arrived this morning and is already a great hit. 1 child who loves connecting things and locks has come back to this throughout the day. Another child who is not so engrossed saw it at face value and counted the animals inside and recognised the numbers on the outside of the houses.

Just going to order a little brass padlock to extend the learning for door 6

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
My children love playing with this, it keeps them occupied for ages and they enjoy locking and unlocking all the doors. From 1yr- 6yr included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and educational, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I came across this latch board on a blog with various Montessori inspired gift ideas for little ones and decided to buy it for my daughter (17 months old) for Christmas. I am very impressed with the quality - a nice thick wooden board with quality brass latches, bright and colourful designs printed on top.
The gift was a hit with my daughter and she has already spent quite a bit of time playing with it - no ignoring toys in favour of cardboard boxes in this house!
The only criticism I would give is that 5 out of the 6 latches are a bit too easy for her to open, so I'm not sure how long this gift will entertain her for. Perhaps it would have been a more appropriate gift around the 14 month old mark (even though the product states it's suitable for 3yrs and up - I think developmentally children would be way past this type of toy by then).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skills for little people, 11 Aug. 2013
Strictly Dancer (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I bought this for my 18 month old son (despite the age 3+ rating) and he loves it. He loves opening and closing things anyway and these catches/locks are excellent at keeping him amused and behind the locked 'doors' are different animals.

It's solidly built (hence the hefty price tag) and good quality.

I also think it is good for him to learn how to undo different sorts of latches in case he was to ever accidentally lock himself inside anywhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I have seen these for a while and eventually ordered one! It is very solid and strong and the catches are very good with strong, thick wooden doors. It covers numbers, numbers, parts of a house and opening skills, not just the catches but lifting the doors and windows too! All of the children I look after have been fascinated and absorbed with it!

Melissa & Doug Latches Board