5.0 out of 5 stars Well made Educational Toy
Published on 12 April 2010 by Nixxie

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars but
My 1yo likes it but it's not as easy as it looks. It's very well made and fun but the pics of animals are little boring. I would expect more considering it was 18.
Published 4 months ago by Ms. Jana Kapustova

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made Educational Toy, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
We wasn't sure about purchasing this toy because it seemed expensive (at the time of purchase in Feb 2010) we are VERY glad we did though! As another reviewer mentioned you can see where the money has been spent. Well made, all brass fixtures and hinges and robust too. The board is BIGGER than we thought it would be (45cm x 30cm). Each latch has a different colour background (to help teach colours) as well as a number of different animals to aid learning to count (there is a small insert with the board's instructions for ideas what games to play). Our son is 21 months and can open and close all the latches except one that he is still trying to master! This is not a toy that they are going to play with all day every day, but something you bring out to play and help them learn. We actually bought a separate padlock with keys to use with one of the latches which works brilliantly (our boy loves keys and locks which is why we bought the latches board originally). Great fun to use once-twice a week and help your child's hand and eye co-ordination as well as counting and colours. Comes highly recommended by my little lad!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars but, 20 April 2014
Ms. Jana Kapustova "Jana" (Radlett, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I bought this for my child minding business and the children absolutely love it. I thought they would get bored of it quite quickly but as there is so much going on with pictures, colours and numbers behind the doors they use it lots.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have toy, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
my son is 2 years old and loves this toy.it keeps him busy for a long time.very good quality with real latches and nice colours. I would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, educational and long-lasting fun, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
This is a lovely, solid and well-made toy. Bought a while ago for my two year old son who loves to fiddle. It's not the kind of toy they will play with endlessly, but of you leave it visible you may find your child returning to it again and again. My lad is now 3.5 and still pulls this out to play with fairly regularly, and is getting more from it the older he gets - colours, shapes, numbers, as well as continuing fun with the latches themselves. You may want to buy a small padlock to use with one of the latches - they have great fun with clicking this closed and then using the key to unlock it as dexterity improves. Can definitely recommend this toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toy - just not sure about the age rating, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
I ordered this for my two year old, as he has become bored by supposedly age-appropriate toys. It is really well made and durable, well designed and he really likes messing about with it. My only issue is that I thought it would take him a while to figure out and he had all the latches open and closed in twenty minutes. Don't get me wrong, he still plays with it and his dexterity has improved a lot in terms of how skilful he is at operating all the latches, but I would query whether a three year old would be kept occupied for a particularly long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Locks and bolts, 27 Feb 2011
Linda Rooke (sunny south, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
A birthday present for my 2 yr old grandson - he loves it and he knows all the colours already. Purple pony is of course a purple neigh!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
great Learning tool. Good to train memory, colours, numbers and dexterity. love it.
quality material, sturdy and nice design

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
Good. At least one if the latches is totally unrealistic for a toddler though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
brilliant much enjoyed by my grandson

Melissa & Doug Latches Board