on 7 January 2011
I thought about buying this table about 6 months ago, (after doing a fair amount of research..) and now wonder why I didn't disobey my husband then - who thought it was an unnecessary expense!!
HOW WRONG HE WAS......So, as he lay in bed with proper Flu for 7 days over Christmas, I naughtily ordered it to store all the b..... Playmbil my son has just been given which I had had TO SPEND HOURS ASSEMBLING ON CHRISTMAS DAY!
The table arrived today - took the plumber (don't ask!) 30 minutes to assemble, whilst I shifted the kids room around and hey presto my life and theirs (5 & 3) has been transformed.
Toys all in one place at a level that they can easily kneel/stand/sit alongside of, and its plenty big enough for 3-4 kids to have a side each and interact with each others games. It is also surprisingly light to pull this way and that i.e. to store to one side at night, then our 5 year old can drag it out into centre of the room by day, laden with the said Playmobil. He loves the drawer underneath for his Bionicals and I have also slotted 2 of the IKEA underbed boxes stuffed with toys under it too and the drawer still slides..AMAZING.
IF you are dithering about the price don't! At [...] its a steal for the quality and we had Free Super Saver delivery too; it arrived exactly 7 days after ordering with the NEW YEAR bank holidays included. I was phoned 2 days ago by The Home Delivery Service and given a 4-hour midday slot today (handily co-inciding with the Plumbers visit too!).
It looks really nice assembled and not at all clunky/chunky.The underside of the green boards is unpainted so a quick roll of paint and one could create another scene to suit your childs toys, ie dino-land, Sea-scape or train tracks/airport or just Pink for girly stuff....one wouldn't need to be Michelangelo I imagine!
What a great start to the New Year. Thank you Amazon for stocking this item cheaper than anywhere else.
44 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2010
The table has met expectations and is well constructed with no rough edges. The drawer is useful also and small toy boxes can be tidied beneath the table. Child loves it with Lego etc as he gets to play at eye level now with the toys. It is still light enough to move around while retaining rigidity.
on 9 January 2015
I am SO pleased with this table. The quality is great, and it looks fab in our playroom.
The table wasn't too complicated to set up and only took us about an hour to do. The table was a huge hit on Christmas Morning and he can't stop playing with it.
I am never disappointed with Melissa and Doug products! Thank you!
on 11 November 2015
Pretty good table. One star deducted for nasty out gassing of glue smell. We unpacked it and had to leave it for a while to air out. After a while the smell disappeared and we assembled it. Nice and sturdy, and the right height for play.
on 11 November 2013
this has make a lovely b day present for my son so he can build his lego on it very happy
on 3 March 2013
Debated buying this table but so glad we did as it's ideal for the little ones to play with their LEGO, or to set up a diorama for Fireman Sam. The drawer is handy, but we store 4 medium size storage boxes under the table as the top lifts up. Also makes a handy coffee table,
on 5 January 2016
Excellent finish and look, far superior to anything I saw at Mothercare and less expensive. Perfect for the wooden railway from the same name. Assembly instructions clear and comprehensive, most pieces labelled to make it even easier. Strongly recommend this product.
on 22 July 2015
Fantastic product. As always Melissa & Doug don't disappoint. Very strudy well made table. Instructions are very clear every piece was well labelled so a stress free build.
Just make sure you have the room as it is big. Very happy and would definitely recommend.
on 2 January 2016
I love the table. There are some manufacturing issues that are not deal breakers, just annoyances. For example, the holes aren't completely aligned, this was apparent once the draw was assembled and couldn't be opened. A quick sand of the corner fixed that.
on 21 December 2015
I had high expectations for this given the quality of other M&D products I have bought before and I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint. It's very easy to put together with simple instructions and pieces that fit together well.