5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Pirate
I chose this Pirate Chest because it looked sturdy , my Grandson who is five years can be heavy handed ,three months later its still in one piece.

Inspired by the people that hid theirs in the snow ,I filled the Pirate Chest with old jewellery ,an old silver cup (from friends and charity shops )and chocolate coins .
My daughter made a map and hid the...
Published on 8 July 2010 by Jo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but very nice treasure chest
This toy is really nice, the treasure chest is fab.
The contents are a bit of a let down. Thought is would look like it was brimming with stuff, but just a few bits in it at the bottom.
Still, will be a nice surprise for my young son.
The hinges don't look too strong on the chest, but we will have to see if it stands up to play time.
It is way too dear...
Published on 27 July 2011 by Mummy Rabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but very nice treasure chest, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
This toy is really nice, the treasure chest is fab.
Still, will be a nice surprise for my young son.
It is way too dear though for what you get, should be about 9.99....

3.0 out of 5 stars Pirate chest, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
I was disappointed by the size, it appears larger in the picture. Also the colour and the detailing is not true to the images. It is not as well made as I would have like. It's durability is questionable.Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Pirate, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)

My daughter made a map and hid the chest in the garden . Great fun was had by all tracking it down and my granson was thrilled with the Pirate Chest and contents which also included two old donated watches. It really looked like a hidden treasure chest.

A really great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
This is very well made and a great design with the skull clasp to open the box, and a secret compartment too, perfect to hide the most valuable loot! It arrived the day after I ordered it, fantastic. It is the perfect size to fill with chocolate treasure money! The party is on Sunday so I haven't had the children's feedback but I know they're going to love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Empty treasure chest!, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
I ordered this treasure chest for my pirate mad son's fourth birthday. However on opening it, it was empty! No treasure whatsoever - and yes, I did check the secret compartment...

One disappointed pirate, and to date no response from Melissa and Doug, despite their website's claim that they are hot on customer service...

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for 5 yr old grandson, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
It arrived promptly and is well made. I bought several other pirate items from Amazon to go in it as otherwise the contents would be a bit disappointing for a child. The eye patch in it could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little chest, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
i recieved this chest today for my almost 7 year old - he hasnt had it yet and like other reviews say it really doesnt come with much inside, but it is a lovely little pirate chest and i think he'll love it im going to buy a map and some other stuff to put in it b4 i gove it to him, it has a little hidden compartment (its only tiny, maybe will fit a few coins or somthing in it) and i really like the way it opens - you move the skull to the left. im sure my little boy will have loadsa fun with it :) its smaller then i thought but looks durable

3.0 out of 5 stars Pirate Chest, 29 Feb 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
I brought this product for my 4 year old grandson. I have to say I was extremely disappointed when, on unwrapping it, the lid just fell off. He loves the product and although I can glue the lid back on, the back section attaching it just doesn't seem strong enough to hold it.

Not good value for money in my opinion but a great product for kids if durable enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasured treasure chest, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
I bought the Pirate chest for my 4 year old Grandson, he is absolutely delighted with it.
It was just what I had been looking for, really boyish, tough, strong and the real business!!
Very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely treaure chest, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
This is a really nice treasure chest. Very nicely made with lots of details to make it look like the real thing. It is a greaying colour not the wood colour I was expecting but I don't think this is a big proble. The padlock scull is absolutely lovely. The chest is not too big or too small. Its just the right size for little pirates to hide their treasure inside. There is even a hidden area at the bottom of the chest. The accessories that come with it are ok but even with them inside its rather empty. I had to buy extra coins, jewels and a treasure map to add to it.
Thinking with my head I would say overall it is a bit expensive for what you get (maybe 15 would be a more representative price). On the other hand I can't put a price on seeing my sons reaction when he found it, opened it and started going through all his treasure. Great success!

Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest