5.0 out of 5 stars A nice "quiet" fan
Published on 15 Feb 2012 by Snagglepuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Average fan, does the job but nothing special
I've used a few of these, some have come in coolermaster cases. They are respectable enough fans, but nothing outstanding either, and at full pelt quite noisy and annoying.

Published 6 months ago by Mr Baz

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice "quiet" fan, 15 Feb 2012
I bought this product for the rear of my HAF 922 to suck out rising hot air. I have heard complaints from other reviewers that this fan is extremely noisy. My HAF 922 has 3 200mm fans fitted besides this one and of course the hefty CPU fan to cool my 8 core AMD CPU. I can say with all honesty, that this is the most quiet computer I have EVER built; and I've built a few in my time. I can just hear a quiet purr from where I sit (about 3 feet from the unit). I would highly recommend this fan, hence the 5 stars awarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 2nd fan for my Hyper 212 Evo, 10 Aug 2013
Bought this as a 2nd fan for my Hyper 212 Evo and fits perfectly. Fan makes very little noise.

I am using this as part of a Push/Pull configuration so that air is blown towards the back of the PC and out the exhaust fan. Preliminary tests look to have dropped the temperature of my CPU (i5 3570K) about 3-4 degrees C.

A few tips for anyone fitting this as a 2nd fan for the Hyper 212 Evo;

1. If opting for Push/Pull then make sure the "cooler master" fan sticker is pressed up against the heatsink. Your 2 fans should then be facing in the same direction.
2. Consider where the power cable for fan will hang after you fit the fan. I arranged mine so that the cable lay on top of the heatsink as to never drop in front of either of the 2 fans.
3. Your Hyper 212 Evo should have come with all the parts to fit the 2nd fan. Don't forget the set of small rubber pads to sit over the screw heads. This will reduce any noise from the fan touching the heatsink itself.

Hopefully this might help someone that might be thinking of buying this fan for the same reason i did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooler Master Megaflow 200 Blue LED Fan, 3 Dec 2010
this fan is silent and the leds are bright, but the only thing that disappointed me was the fact that it would not fit in my nzxt phantom case, none of the holes lined up to fix it into place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average fan, does the job but nothing special, 5 Mar 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Under normal PWM control the fans are competent, and shift a decent bit of air. Though far from silent they are much less disturbing at slower speeds. I clocked the max speed at around 1900 rpm which can vary by +/- 10% as per the norm for fans.

The problem comes with longer use and the sleeve bearings just don't hold up after a couple of years in a case. The fans I had became quite noisy and distracting with obvious bearing wear. I replaced the fans with Gelid 120mm PWM fans and have been using those as my stock PWM fans for some time now. Simply put the CM fan is ok, but not a patch on Gelid for either silence, or longevity. Ok to use if they come with a case, but as a stand alone purchase there are numerous makers out there with better offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN---Tastic, 27 Nov 2013
It took me a long time to replace the old Cool master Fan that came with my case. the problem with the old one is that it started to click,so I replaced this with 2 of these beauties and they fit perfectly in my HAF X case.

Even though there only 700rpm they move alot of air and the Red looks perfect, a lot better than in the picture also they are so quite like a whisper in my dreams. I currently have a custom water (CPU only) cooling loop with a triple rad. when it was on full load the CPU was getting a tad hot now with two of these fans its taken 10 degrees off my temps(I couldn't believe it as well).

the only problem was the screws are too big for my case but I have loads spare, so I wasn't going to knock a star off for that.

for £10 these are amazing quality fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sickleflow fans, 25 July 2012
I have been using these fans in my first computer build for half a year now and I am really satisfied. I only use two of these fans as an intake/exhaust configuration in a small Coolermaster Elite 430 case and they keep my 2500K @ 4GHz below 70°C. I use a Zalman fan controller to alter the speeds as I wish So the noise never affects me when I want peace and quiet. The fans are loud when turned up to the maximum however but it don't really bother me. The only time that I need that airflow is when I am gaming, my sound system overpowers the sound of the fans so ye... The led lights are also not as bright as the picture makes out but once again this never bothered me. Before people complain about the noise of these fans they need to take into consideration the airflow and static pressure that these fans have to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and budget., 11 Dec 2011
J. Wallace - See all my reviews
First thing first, nowhere on the packaging does this fan claim to be quiet. It explicitly tells you on the packaging that they are 19 dB-A which is around the upper middle sound level for a case fan of it's class. This fan runs at 2000rpm and shifts 69.69 CFM of air, something fans twice the price struggle to do at times, and costs six quid so you can forgive it not being totally silent. I've had mine for a week now and to be perfectly honest the only noise that I've heard from it has been on the first day it made an interesting hard drive type grind if I knocked the table. It's living in a HAF 922 with a side window and on a CPU heatsink which could account for how little I hear of it but that's only minimal dampening.

The down side is that the 3pin to 4pin molex didn't work when I tried it to see if the fan was working before installation but since I wasn't intending it's use I really don't care but it has to be noted.

As for rating, this fan is on par with ones that have RRP's of double the price, is solidly built and look nice. A rating for it being £6 you really can't look at anything but a 5/5 but be aware that an extra four quid get's you the
Antec TrueQuiet 120 Fan (12cm) then I think a 5/5 is fair given that it's an LED 2000rpm 69.69 CFM fan and it's half the price of it's nearest spec rival.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but can't figure out LEDs, 4 Aug 2011
S. Altaf "The Frog" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a Coolermaster Cosmos S case, and this was the only fan I could find that would replace the side-panel fan. The seller, 'sendercity' actually sent the fan to me within 1 or 2 days of me ordering it, I didn't pick any special delivery. Pleasant.

The fan fits the side panel just fine, but two problems - the first is that I cannot turn the blue LEDs off. I didn't see a way of doing this. I really don't want this odd blue glow in my case and am not sure why this is considered appealing, but nevertheless, I'll live with it.

The other is, if you have a water cooler (I have Corsair Hydro H60), the fan's going to be pushing juuust against the pipes, it'll just be touching. I was a little nervous about this as first but it's OK since then, no problems. This isn't the fan's fault, it's my own for not having a case wide enough, perhaps. Or not being able to find a thinner fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me, 24 Feb 2011
Why four stars? Because it could have been better. They could use better bearings, aside that it works as it should. Pumps lots of air into and out of my case and looks nice. To all the people who rate this fan very low because of its noisyness - 99,9% of case fans are making lots of noise when in contact with an obstacle(case's wall or whatever)! The given db specs are always measured without obstacles, hence the 19.5db the manufacturer gives it. Ive got 7 of these in my case, like I mentioned, they pump lots of air(like they should) but are not silent, still worth the few quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Quiet, Trusted Brand, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators (Personal Computers)
I have reviewed this fan separately before as they came with my Cooler Master fan.

The reason I had to purchase another was because my graphics card was getting a little too hot. It's dropped the idling temperature from 70 to 40 degrees Celsius. The graphics card works on a large heat sink because of noise, so knowing that these fans are super quiet I purchased one I trusted.

And for some reason the one I purchased separately is not as quiet as the ones that came with my case (even though they are exactly the same) but this may be because this one is plugged into a molex connector (the others are plugged into the system fan ports on my motherboard).

The Blue LED's aren't very bright, but I don't know if this is a good or bad thing? I like it not too bright because otherwise it will catch my eye line and the other fans don't have LEDs. But if there was an option to turn them off I would. But of course this depends if your computer needs too look good or has a colour scheme.

I will be recommending this fan to others.

I do update my reviews when I need too.