5.0 out of 5 stars Better than underpants.
Published 19 months ago by robert goodwill

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for nut milk
I bought these for my wife by mistake, thinking they'd be a fine enough mesh to strain nut milk.But they are quite loosely woven allowing a lot of small bits through. Also the finish is poor, with loose threads on unstitched ends.
Not recommended for filtering finely blended liquids.
Published 4 months ago by bajan57

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than underpants., 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these bags as my boss is a keen marmalade maker and often makes jars of the stuff for colleagues and co-workers. I recently found out that he used his mothers old knickers to separate the pith. I now can eat my marmalade in the comfortable knowledge that the ingredients have never been near an aged ladies posterior. That piece of mind is higher than the price of the bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
I ordered these as per-item and was pleasantly surprised to get packs of 10! Prior to acquiring these I used cotton tea-towels to strain my must. These muslin bags are not only better and more efficient at straining the must but are brilliant for flipping out the contents for a second run.

At a matter of pence each, they're very disposable (saves on washing tea-towels!) and hygienic, lift straight from the plastic bag and use. An simple but excellent product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick but too much hassle, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
I had an occasion to use these muslin bags and I must admit they work fine. I made a perfect soup not worrying I would have to fish out the herbs when I was done.

However it was a little big too much hassle to prepare the bags before I could use them. It took 3 rounds of shaking loose fibers out after rinsing and drying the bags before they were usable. It could be easily resolved if the cloth was sewn round, which unfortunately it isn't.

If you are not lazy, as I am, and you are looking for something cheap that works I would recommend this product. For anyone else who just expects to use the bags upon opening, I would advise you to buy something synthetic perhaps.

Edit 17 Feb 2013
Scratch the above! When I run out of the bags (I do not reuse them, I could not be bothered with washing) and searched for some alternative, I could not find anything decent. After a while, I must admit that it's a bargain and you won't get so many bags for this price anywhere. And the second time there weren't so many loose fibers as before. I will definitely come back to purchase some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, decent price., 14 Nov 2012
S. Riches - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
I am happy with these, they don't need to be perfect in the way clothing does, the main point is that they hold things securely and can be used in a variety of cooking processes. They are strong enough for all conceivable cooking and culinary purposes. Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muslin bags, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
These bags are brilliant! I make jam and marmalade in large amounts and was fed up fiddling about trying to fit large amounts of pith and fruit peel in muslin squares. These bags are big enough to get the pith in, in one go and doesn't split when squeezing to extract the pectin juice from the bag of pith. I was worried at first whether they would leave fabric fibres in the preserve but I put the bag in a small pan of boiling water and then squeezed the water out before using them and they were fine. No more muslin squares for me.
Absolutely delighted and they arrived a day after I ordered them.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUSLIN BAGS, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
A GOOD VALUE PRODUCT AND ONCE YOU HAVE STRAINED YOUR FRUIT ETC THROUGH THEM ,THEY CAN EASILY BE WASHED AGAIN AND STERILISED AND REUSED.
EASY TO TIE UP WITH STRING.

4.0 out of 5 stars They work., 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these to catch the last of the yeast from my home made wine. Wrap around a funnel pour wine onto cloth JOB done. Rinse till clean use again. It's that easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
These were very useful for the spices for the mulled wine which I made in the 30 ltr boilers and will definitely buy them again

5.0 out of 5 stars A PERFECT BUY, 21 April 2012
Ms J. M. Rogers "JMR" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
If your into making preserves these bags are perfect. Large enough to hold any amount of peel or what ever you would need a muslin bag for. In fact they could be cut down into two smaller bags if you wanted to. No problems with this seller and a supper fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muslin Bags, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Muslin Bags (Pack of 10) (Kitchen & Home)
These bags arrived quickly. They are very good quality. Ideal for filtering sediment if you are a home brewer, or anything else for that matter. 10/10.

Muslin Bags (Pack of 10)