5.0 out of 5 stars AN ABSOLUTE GEM!, 7 Oct. 2009
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
Like others I had never heard of Geraint Watkins until I saw him perform Champion on Jools Holland's Later programme. On the basis of that track and listening to samples on Amazon and My Space I took the plunge. I have not been disappointed - this album is an absolute gem, one of my best buys over recent years. There is such variety and not one bad track. What makes this album stand out is the production and the backing muscianship which are both superb. It is just as if they are playing live for you in your living room. It is so unusual to hear such sensitive playing of brass instruments including flugel horns, trombone and euphonium. Stand out tracks include the sing along Easy to Say Bon Temps Rouler and Its a Wonderful Life and of course Champion. A happy album that makes you want to dance in the living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understated gem of an album, 7 April 2012
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
I bought this after seeing GW as support act and part of Nick Lowe's band on his 2012 tour. Was not entirely sure when I ordered it but now realise that this is an absolutely charming album, carefully crafted and well put together. It fits well with the Nick Lowe albums but this is a little more restrained and understated and no worse for that. It is a real grower and the tracks are coming through to me nd opening up the more I hear them. Still not sure about the opening cover Carpenters track; that might take a fair bit longer. Great stuff and only sorry I have taken so long to discover this great talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars strange pleasure, 21 Sept. 2012
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
I've seen Geraint many times with Mr Lowe, here he presents a collection of songs, different genres and produces a truly great record. A proper treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2011
Johnny boy (In excellsis deo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
Justgot this and am hugely impressed. Like many I bought it after his Jools Holland appearance and it lives way up to my expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs and a smooth, tight band, 16 Nov. 2009
D. W. Kessler - See all my reviews
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
I discovered Geraint Watkins through my love of Nick Lowe.
And I love this CD too.
A few of these songs have become instant favourites.
All of them are lovely.
He's a relaxed, natural singer - nothing too slick - and the band is restrained and tight as a drum.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a Bad Mood Deluxe - Expanded Version, 15 July 2009
Robert Savage (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition (Audio CD)
What an album, Geraint's voice and musical arrangements are stunning. The whole album is strong and diverse. I would buy this album solely for the haunting Soldier of Love track. Go on buy it, you w'ont be disappointed.

In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition
In A Bad Mood: Deluxe Expanded Edition by Geraint Watkins (Audio CD - 2009)