5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good product.
I normally associate the name "Belkin" with relatively cheap yet semi-functional I.T equipment, one step up from an unbranded bit of kit you'd get from a market. This opinion is based on previous bitter experience, so it was with some trepidation that I ordered this cushion.

Published on 27 Nov 2011 by Sunny Daze

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for cooling.
I know this isn't described as a cooling stand, but keeping your laptop well ventilated is very important, and this is where the product fails.

The upper surface is a hard plastic with a certain amount of flex. When used with my MacBook Pro 15", the sheer heat emitted by the case caused the plastic to bow upwards. This creates contact with the case to the...
Published on 25 April 2011 by D. Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good product., 27 Nov 2011

I have to say I am 100% happy with it! Its brilliant, and a decent build quality I normally wouldn't associate with Belkin. The cushion sits nicely on my lap, and my 17" laptop rests snugly on top of it. I haven't experienced any problems with overheating, and I've had it over three months now.

I looked at other cushions, but most seemed to come with a pointless lamp attachment that would just get in the way, so I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this.

(The only downside is that its base is a girly pink colour. This meets with our little girl's approval, but I would have preferred a more butch colour. Something like gun-metal blue.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lap desk so far, 13 Aug 2010
I've seen a few lapdesks over the years and this one is by far the best one I've used. It is solid at the base, yet very comfortable to put on your lap. The top is hard enough to ensure the laptop has its air circulation but also has a nice soft feel to it. Belkin really have done a great job here. Without comprimising on style they have delivered a solid piece of kit with great functionality. Highly Recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!, 1 Jun 2011
Exactly what I was looking for. Comfortable to use, on the sofa, table, bed. No heat coming through from the batteries. And about half the price than High street stores. Very pleased indeed.

Just to add to the above - I purchased this in June 2011, it is now Aug 2013, and I have used it every day. Look no further, this is an excellent product ***** - again !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Cushdesk, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Belkin Notebook Cush Desk - Pitch Black/Soft Grey (Accessory)
Lovely and well made.Was a little worried that it would be a tight fit,wanted something with a good inch either side for stability.Need not have worried,my 15.6inch laptop has loads of space.Looks classy,is comfortable on knees and allows access to all power/usb etc points perfectly.Can't fault it in any way.
UPDATE:Bought another now for 17.3inch laptop.It fits just fine,still room round the edges of about an inch or more.Truly great cushion,can even use to play cards on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read reviews properly!, 26 Oct 2012
David (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This is going to be a bit of an epic so bear with me if you can as it may well be worth it.
Like a lot of people, I have a good read of the reviews before I buy anything off Amazon cos let's face it, you haven't actually seen the product so you have to rely on what is said by people who have seen the product in real life.
So I had a look at the overall rating, so far so good, considerably more good reviews than bad but I just had to read the bad ones first and the more I read, the more I was getting put off the product.
However, in a moment of clarity, I took a deep breadth and started reading again and here are the facts:

1.Out of 93 reviews only 5 are actually bad ones.
2.Out of these 5, 3 of them complain about the product being damaged in some way presumably due to poor packaging?
3.The other 2 complain about the product not being able to stand up to the heat generated by their laptops!

Having digested all of this information, I took the plunge and bought this product and have come to the following conclusions:

a.This is a very good product and does exactly what it is meant to.
b.If there were any issues, they have been resolved as it arrived in a box with plenty of padding to protect it.
c.If your laptop melts the tray, it is probably because your laptop gets too hot and there is something wrong with it! (Who'd of thought huh?)

So in conclusion, a very good product at less than £12.00 including delivery (3 days from order)
The final decision is yours.
By the way, it's more burgundy than pink!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as a laptop cushion can get!!, 16 Oct 2009
For what it is it's an excellent bit of kit. Very light but very strong. Can happily lift a 17" laptop just holding it with one hand. Lap has never been so cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars A most useful laptop accessory.., 8 Dec 2009
Roshan Mani (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Received this product much earlier than I expected it.. Needless to say, am extremely happy with the product.. Since I bought it, I don't think I've used my laptop without it..

***Update***.. After having used it for a year now, everyday, I find that the hard plastic top surface has gently curved upward. It reduces the ventilation space for the laptop, but I haven't yet experienced any overheating issues. It still remains my most favourite laptop accessory.. Am thinking of buying one for my dad who's just discovered the convenience of a 17inch laptop over a prehistoric desktop :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 26 Jan 2011
I was anxious about my laptop overheating whilst working with it on my lap. But this works a treat.

It's soft on the bottom (for your legs), but solid on the top to hold the laptop flat and allow air to circulate. There's a little 'strip' along the bottom to stop the laptop sliding off the end (the rubber feet on the bottom of the laptop will also help).

It is a little heavier than I thought, or would like it to be - but the quality is great and it does exactly what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 2 Mar 2011
Fabulous product!
Lovely colour and very comfortable to have on your knees.
Laptop has not crashed due to overheating sunce my purchase!
would definetly recomend for comfort and laptop lifespan.

5.0 out of 5 stars really usefull and good!!, 25 Jan 2010
Brought this to have something comfier on my lap and it defeintly does the job well.

The bottom is a soft cushion which is really comfy. Its also great on a bef or sofa.

The top is a rock hard surface which is really good so the vents and kept cleer. It has a lip at the front so my laptop doesnt fall off which is a really good idea.

Really simple idea that works really well and is well worth it. It keeps the laptop cooler than on my lap and keeps my lap comfy.