Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 8 October 2013
It is amazing what you can learn about your body through your aches and pains, and what you can learn about your body in Frawleys book of Marma Points.
I had had problems with my knees for a long time, and reading about the Marma points and the origins of pains in the knee area to be connected with the liver, was a revelation to me.

I took herbs for the liver functioning, and slowly but surely my knees improved. Together with Guggul for Kapha Gout I am mostly cured.

Edema also had its solution and the marma point to help the cirkulation. It is a great book. Easy to understand and use even for the inexperienced, The old secrets of Indian healing, in your hands for a few £'s is just marvelous together with Frawleys Ayurvedic Healing and knowledge of the Herbs to help your Dosha, you have two good guides to help your selv, your friend and your family to feel a lot better.
on 18 October 2009
Excellent book with easy to read overview and in depth instruction around Marma. I found it easy to follow and also inspiring. It encompasses information about Ayurveda and is authoritative yet accessible.
on 31 October 2008
I really love David Frawley's style of writing and conveying information. It is logical and easy to follow. I particularly liked the introductory chapters on how and why marmamani were discovered. I would also recommend Dr Vasant Lad's new book "Marma Points of Ayurveda" which is a great companion to David Frawley's fantastic book.
on 11 July 2010
This book is the only one I found with clear pictures of each Marma point in the body - great!
on 11 October 2012
What an excellent book: comprehensive yet easy to understand. There are lots of tables and diagrams, all of which are clear and concise. The best aspect of the book for me is that, although it's a text book, it isn't remotely dull or dry - it even makes me want to dip into it just for fun, and that's a rare quality in a non-fiction book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 November 2008
I think that the majority of people have some understanding of the concepts behind acupuncture and acupressure. Tiny needles or pressure is put into or onto certain points of the body. These points lay along meridian lines along which chi or life energy flows. By doing so, blockages or stagnation is eliminated and the natural flow is resumed. In turn, the body regains its health.

In some ways, Marma Therapy is similar to these methods. Marma Therapy also looks to correct the natural energy flow in the body to correct health issues. Specific points on the body are used to do so. Some forms of Marma Therapy even use acupressure techniques.

However, with Marma Therapy, these points are generally massaged in a particular way. The direction of the massage, the oils employed, the accompanying meditations, and the actual points worked upon are tailored to the individual based upon his or her Ayurvedic type and the particular excesses or deficiencies that need to be balanced. Overall, it is a far more complex process but one that is perfectly suited to the individual's needs.
on 12 December 2014
Essential reading for anyone interested in this field. I practice Indian Head Massage and this book has been invaluable to me. The book is easy to read and follow and is well illustrated. Very practical
on 30 November 2014
I purchased this after I did a course in marma therapy and it adds a very good perspective and more to it great pictured in different ways both with skin and without skin, makes understanding it very good
on 5 March 2010
This is really great book on Marma points with full description in Sanskrit.Covers Vedic philosophy on gunas,doshas and more.This is very helpful for Ayurveda students and other interested
on 8 June 2014
This book was clean and neat en was to my expectations. It was bought for information purpose so it was good.