5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than standard upright graters
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by Mr. C. Pugh

2.0 out of 5 stars Not grate (couldn't resist the pun sorry)
I bought this grater because carpal tunnel issues have left me with stiff weak wrists and hands which makes using a normal grater difficult and uncomfortable.

Published 15 months ago by emmyloug

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than standard upright graters, 16 Feb 2012
Mr. C. Pugh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Extra Large Rotary Cheese Grater with Fine and Coarse Drums (Kitchen & Home)
I am very pleased with this grater. It is very easy to use and clean and is nice that you can grate straight onto toast so less plate washing. Can be assembled for right or left handed operation. As said very easy to keep clean just rinse parts under hot water no need even for dish washer as is so quick to clen would be clean before can even open the dishwasher door let alone start it.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheese grater, 6 Feb 2012
A fantastic product,fairly neat its smaller than it looks,very easy to use,left or right hand use,would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars best grater ever!, 7 Jan 2012
this grater is fantastic! easy to use, feels sturdy and grates all cheeses easily. the drums lock in place and the shape of the handle means the grater is even comfortable to use! well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey but so worth it!, 25 Mar 2013
Paul (Willenhall, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is basically a kitchen gadget for the lazy amongst us. I love cooking and cheese is oh-so-definitely a part of that. If there is one part of cooking I absolutely hate however it's grating cheese! I hate the muscle power and dexterity required to do it well. I hate the fact I end up grating my fingers occasionally. And I hate that I've gone through a number of cheaper graters over the years as they eventually relent from pressure on the handles or just aged plastic.

In steps the joyous solution in this rotary cheese grater! If it looks gimmicky it is because it is indeed quite swish to behold. When I first fetched it out the box I was dubious if it was actually a working kitchen tool or just a fancy gimmick. Fortunately my fears were dispelled when it churned through a slab of cheese in record time. Seriously grating cheese isn't just super easy with this thing it is also really fast! Thanks to it also being dishwasher safe it was a simple matter of disassembling it in 20 seconds and popping it in the dishwasher when I finished. I was also impressed that you can load the drum in two ways so this can be used by both left and right handed people which is great if you share a kitchen with others.

Tonight me and the mrs had tasty enchillidas without any of the hassle! Result! So whilst I'd acknowledge it is a little on the pricey side it's certainly well made, works very well and took the hassle out of what is a mundane kitchen chore. If that's what you're looking for then grab yourself one and get grating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zyliss Extra Large Rotary Grater, 28 Jun 2012
Excellent product. It seems pretty robust just what I need when I am grating lots of cheese for a Macaroni cheese! I like the fact that you get two different size graters as well. Excellent for the reduced price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheese grater, 18 Jun 2013
Ms. Pamela Kingsland (UK) - See all my reviews
At last a rotary cheese grater that I can use comfortably (dodgy wrist and thumbs) and which is sturdy enough to withstand normal family use. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant....., 4 Jun 2012
Mr. Glen Cousner "WKD MAN" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
OK so it's a cheese grater.... but no longer do I grate my finger tips or get cheese under my finger nails trying to grate the stuff.....
The different drums pop in and out easily, it washes in seconds...it does what it says on the tin.

Buy one..... (and no, I don't work for the manufacturer!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 30 Jun 2013
Karen L. Odom - See all my reviews
If you have weak hands as I do.. Then this is not the product you need. I bought this as reviews said it was easy to use. But I do have a little trouble turning the handle to grate cheese. But, if you have normal strength in your hands - then this is the product for you. My sons use it and say it's fantastic.. so much more faster than regular grater, lol.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not grate (couldn't resist the pun sorry), 27 April 2013

I had very high hopes for this grater but unfortunately I still struggled because to make it work properly you have to really squeeze the top down into the handle or the cheese doesn't stay in contact with the disc and actually grate. I also found that you have to twist your wrist to hold it on it's side to get the grated cheese to fall where you want it. Both of these factors made it really tricky for me to use not to mention actually painful at times.

For most people you might get on fine with this item but if you're looking for something to make grating easier because you have weak hands then I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, after only a couple of months the spring loaded clip which holds the drum in place sheared off making it even harder to use so for me I don't believe that the quality warrants the price either.

On the plus side, you can fit quite a lot of cheese into it and it did clean easily enough in the dishwasher.

All in all, this product really wasn't for me and my search to find a grater which actually makes grating easy continues...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just genius!, 30 Jun 2012
This product is amazing.
I didn't even know such a gadget existed until watching a cookery programme on tv
Though this isn't the same as the one I saw on tv which looked pretty industrial, this is an amazing product
So far we have only used the regular course grater on it for cheese, but it has made life so much easier than using the standard upright graters
I've never liked grating cheese because of the mess you get into and the last bit is always too small to grate lol, but this takes care of all those problems, no mess, no risk of slicing your fingers, easy to clean, grates every little last bit of cheese
I grate a whole block at a time and put it into a Tupperware container to use as needed
Quick and easy to use
Totally worth the money :)