Published 19 months ago by Celticprincess

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded way to do percentages
I love the colour of this calculator, and it certainly brightens up my desk. It's one of the main reasons I bought it. And, I was drawn to the tax calculation key.

But, for working basic percentage sums most calculators allow this sequence, say detracting 10% from 100:

100-10[%][=]

but for this calculator you have to do this:...
Published 11 months ago by Alli

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous. well functioning calculator but cannot change battery? erm ..., 11 Jan 2013
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Casio MS-10VC-GN 2.6 x 10.6 x 14.4 cm Desk Calculator - Green (Office Product)
The calculator is very pretty! and I love it. I chose this colour over the other options as I thought it would brighten up my desk a little. It is powered by a combination of solar and an internal battery that we cannot change! This has disappointed me somewhat as your only option when the internal battery dies is to send it to an authorised Casio dealer? I can't see me bothering to have to pay to send this off (as none near me) just to get a battery fitted, so that tells me that when the battery dies it will be useless to me. Mmmm. That point alone made me want to give it just 1 star rating, but that wouldn't be fair as the calculator is gorgeous, easy to use large keys, all the functions a normal person would require and even a % button (which is why I chose this particular model) The price I paid represents good value for money for what it is, however, I feel it is let down by the fact that you cannot install your own new battery when this one dies! That displeases me a lot and I think when it does die, rather than pay posting and suffer all the faffing about sending it to an authorised dealer would cause, I think I'll just take a screwdriver to it myself and see if I can fit a new battery myself. NO idea how long the battery will last. It has auto shut-off 5 minutes after last use (cannot turn it off yourself) and there is the solar power element - trouble is my desk has no sunshine falling onto it, so no idea how the solar power thing is gonna work for me.

Overall I am delighted with it, apart from the niggle with not being able to install my own new battery when this one dies. Looks great on my desk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great calculator, 12 Sep 2013
I bought this as i needed a non scientific one for work

Buttons press nicely and the colour is nice

the VAT function is very handy and easy to change should the rates vary in the future

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Everyday Calculator (apart from the key lay-out niggle), 11 May 2014
The only reason this didn't get 5 stars from me is because I find the position of the "0" key a bit unintuitive. When I first started using this, I was constantly tapping the "00" key by mistake instead of the "0". I've got used to it now, but I do think the position of those two keys should be swapped around. It seems more logical to me to have the "0" key in the main numeric key-set and the "00" to one side, rather than the other way around.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded way to do percentages, 28 Sep 2013

100-10[%][=]

but for this calculator you have to do this: 100x10[%][-]

Same number of keys to hit but the sequence (use of the multiply button and the subtraction at the end) really throws me. Had to order a different model!

Casio MS-10VC-GN 2.6 x 10.6 x 14.4 cm Desk Calculator - Green