5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anyone interested in performance testing
Published on 26 July 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new for seasoned performance tester
I was a bit disappointed after reading this book I have to say. And that's not because it is a bad book, but for me, as a rather experienced performance tester I discovered nothing new in this book. Everything the book tells I already do that or I do it different.

Published on 26 Feb 2010 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anyone interested in performance testing, 26 July 2011
This book would have saved me lot of stress (and hair) if it had been available all those years ago when I started the dark art of performance testing! In this very readable book the author provides a clear methodology on how to approach and execute performance tests. It pretty high level stuff (i.e doesnt go a great deal into automation tools) but is a solid introduction to the field. A must read for anyone new to performance testing and especially for any project managers who don't want nightmares the night before the system goes live!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book every software developer should read, 22 July 2010
Like most software developers I have always considered testing as something to be done at the end of the development life-cycle, not something to be taken into consideration from the beginning.

In his easy to read book, Ian describes the what, why and how of performance testing in such a way as to encourage even the most test-phobic developer to invest time and resources in testing right from the start.

Five stars and a personal recommendation from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this book!, 16 Feb 2009
This is one of those rare computer books because its one you will actually read from cover to cover. I read it in an afternoon and it has changed how all of my future software development projects will be carried out. I learned a lot quickly as its concise but full of info. Cool!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new for seasoned performance tester, 26 Feb 2010
John (Eindhoven, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews

For a new or inexperienced performance tester it would be a good book to start with I think, because the book explains the performance testing process very clear.