5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for casual use
Bought this so I could express at a later date to make days out easier, and ended up using it a mere 4 days after giving birth as my son and I had trouble with latching on. It proved to be an absolute god send.

I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use if you intend to exclusively express as you will end up with an achy hand as well as getting bored...
Published 19 months ago by Michelle Precious

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Needs lot of effort and energy to ...
Good quality. Needs lot of effort and energy to pump. After being busy with the baby all the day it seems difficult to surf your energy on manual pump. Hand and arm get tired after expressing milk. Bought an electric pump now and I am very pleased and satisfied with it as it saves my lot of energy and time.
Published 2 months ago by Kiran

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for casual use, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump (Baby Product)

Overall it's comfortable, and used right you can express a lot of breast milk in a few minutes. My first attempt I managed 60ml in 5 minutes. Greatest amount (after a bad engorgement) was 90ml in 10 minutes (from one breast!).

You do need to be upright in order to get the best out of the pump, as well being able to hold it firmly against your breast. Long slow pumps gets the best and greatest amounts.

The only complaint I have is that it does have the tendency to leak from the cup if your suction isn't all that firm. Something which can happen if expressing in the middle of the night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Mar. 2013
This is a very good breast pump. It comes with everything you need, is very easy to use and very reasonably priced

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 26 Nov. 2014
This is an excellent breast pump, mimics a baby suckling perfectly. Ive tried the Avent breast pump which costs so much more but produces nothing! Very quiet and easy to use and assemble also easy to sterilise in a handy container which doesnt take up so much space to store. Very pleased with the product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 25 Feb. 2014
I was so happy with my buy after giving birth I needed this so bad it came a day early I was very happy with that service and the price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Needs lot of effort and energy to ..., 26 Feb. 2015

2.0 out of 5 stars hard work!, 20 Jun. 2013
Iternet sites will say manual and electric pumps work just the same but that is far from the truth! After attempting to use the product lots of times i was fed up of being left in a sticky horrible mess as it back flows all the time. It took me 40 mins to express 2 floz and anyone who has a hungry boy like myself will know that that is a very small amount which will not last long.
Plus side is the sterile box is very handy but that also comes with the electric pump. Having a baby means money might be tight so buying the manual may seem preferable as its less expensive but its a waste of time and money.

I say buy the electric pump as its a 100 times better!

2.0 out of 5 stars Better with Avent breast pump, 6 Jan. 2010
I found it very difficult to express using this pump. The suction part didn't work very well and any milk that was produced all leaked around the outside. Had to bend right over to get any of the milk to drop into the bottle. Then tried Avent manual pump which was much better as it has better suction around your breast and allows you to express a lot more milk quickly.

On a positive note the steriliser container which comes with this pump is a great idea and very useful. On the whole I was very disappointed with this product as I use other tommy tippee products which I have been very pleased with.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH !!!!!!, 10 May 2015
This product really needs to go back to the drawing board and it is a disgrace that this is allowed to be sold to the public. I would put minus 5 stars if I could. There is no word to describe the utter incompetence of whoever designed this pathetic excuse of a product. One go in the microwave for the steriliser box and it's already deformed and no longer closing. But the worst is the absolutely useless bottle. There is nothing coming out of this bottle. I read and re-read the manual, pinched and repinched the valve as suggested, nothing coming out...my poor baby sucked on the damn thing for 20 minutes before I realised the milk wasn't going down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up and returned to Avent hand pump, 1 Mar. 2015
I bought this for third baby after expressing successfully for first two. Didn't like it at all. Felt nipples were mangled out of shape and uncomfortable, so slowed my let down. After a week of use I gave up and ordered an Avent hand pump (the brand I previously used). Breathed a sigh of relief when it arrived.

Avent has a soft piece for around the breast as opposed to this one's hard white plastic. The Avent design makes me feel far more human with use. Even though we use Tommy Tippee bottles, so there's the inconvenience of transferring the milk, Avent is much better, and more relaxing, hand pump for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value. Comfortable to use., 14 Mar. 2015
Have purchased two of these now, hence four stars only. To explain although comfortable and efficient to use this does degrade with use and cleaning and had hoped it would last a little longer. After 3months of use and sterilising, 3 times a day the rubber began to flake and it smells oily? But for only £12.99(much cheaper than anywhere else) I was happy to buy another...much better value than the £100 electric pump that I used twice. Also the microwave steriliser is great or everything else you have to sterilise for your little bundle of joy i.e. Bottles etc no need to go and invest in a separate one.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump