on 1 November 2009
bought for my family for christmas i cant fault this item its very slim and has a sleek look controls are very easy to understand and operate.has usb and sd card connections also has a 1 gb internal memory can hold up to 3000 photos.Has many slide show modes and effects yes its around a 100 euro or 80 quid sterling but you are paying for the internal memory and the screen resolution 800x480 the pictures are clear and crisp has a clock and calender we can be displayed on there own or with photos/slide show in the background has a zoom facility you can change the time the picture appears on the screen or set 1 picture as a background plus if you want you can plug it into a pc and use it as a second monitor its got a 8 inch screen ive got alot of sony stuff in my house but i cant fault samsung for reliabilty i would recommend this item to anyone whos looking for quality at a good price
22 comments|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2009
I cannot fault this product. The resolution and brightness of the frame are perfect. Very good quality and not bulky. It should work with any current windows PC. There is no need for any memory card or stick. The calander and clock features are very good and allow your picture to be viewed in conjunction.
on 29 December 2009
This Samsung Digital Photo Frame produces super sharp photo playback and a great slide show. I found it very easy to set-up on my laptop for photo download, or using a memory stick or SDHC card.
on 8 April 2011
The plus points are its so easy to programme and set up.
However the minus points are;
The plug and lead supplied was European not UK and although I wrote to Amazon there was no reply so they clearly have no interest in the fact that for a lot of people this could be a real problem - I bought another lead.
Its a pity that manufactures don't put the transformer in the product, or design it to look attractive, rather than having to hide the thing somewhere (marketing images never show this aspect).
The product is slim but if you want to display it on coffee table rather than a shelf the back is not as well considered.
The Samsung replaces a Philips which was a much better design in all aspects but was very very difficult to programme and failed after less than two years.
Would I recommend the Samsung - I might.
on 21 January 2010
Frame is stylish and the screen looks clear and sharp. Loading pictures is easy, you just plug it in and copy your pictures to the new drive that appeared. If you want to load a lot of photos, its best to get Picasa or some such program to create a copy resized down to 800x600. Then thousands of photos will fit on the internal memory.

Contrary to other reviews, mine does display the photos in a random order. The only problem with the random order feature is that each you turn the device off and on again, it always starts in the same place so you see the same pictures again. Also its not great at interpreting Exif rotation tags, it managed the ones my recent camera wrote, but not ones set by me using Digikam on pictures from an older camera that lacked this feature. I had to correct the orientation on the older pictures myself.
on 17 December 2009
Put nearly 3000 pics onto a memory stick, plugged it in, switched on, job done. I like simple, even a quadraplegic like me can use it.
on 9 January 2010
Bought this for my parents for Christmas and they were delighted. Within minutes we had worked out how to use it and now they have it set up in their kitchen and proudly show their friends all their recent snaps. The 8" frame size is perfect for viewing.
on 21 March 2010
I bought this as a present for my daughter and I would highly recommend it. The Samsung customer service support were extremely helpful in talking us through the initial setup.
on 27 February 2010
loved this product!! got it for my girlfriend and she adores it! its so easy to use and changing settings is simple. she keeps it on most of the time and it doesnt even get that hot. putting pictures on it waas so simple i couldnt believe it!! literally took 5 mins tops for around 200 photos. loved this product and so does my gf :)
on 4 January 2010
A good value for money product.Took a little time moving around menu to save pics but end result was good. A frame with alternative battery source would be even better !

Prompt delivery as usual from Amazon